JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
is pregnancy added yet?
Avoid pregnancy, this mechanic is critically bugged. Although perhaps NPCs getting pregnant is not dangerously bugged. Read on.

Confirmed problem scenario: If you play a female character and get impregnated by an NPC, a quest will initiate that causes some stats to go up then down. Programming for this is very sloppy -- a quest boosts stats upwards with scripts that operate once during its stages, and the game's baseline pregnancy mechanics have scripts that lower stats downwards when pregnancy is done. See the problem yet?

The quest only works once, the very first time. The stat reducing scripts apply every time. Which means every time after the first pregnancy, your stats only go down. So low that your melee attack damage will go into the negatives.

Possible problem scenario: the same pregnancy message also plays when female NPCs give birth. I didn't test if the pregnancy script negates stats from the player even then or if stat decreases apply to NPCs like they do the player. Maybe NPC pregnancy is safe, but if an NPC does get stat decreases and has to get into combat later, this could be an issue.

In short, avoid pregnancy! You have to go to a special location to enable pregnancy mechanics so they're not on by default. Do not enable player pregnancy. Be cautious about NPC pregnancy.

Arwen Mays

Apr 10, 2022
1.Go into the game,
2. load any save,
3.press [save],
you will see the inscription "game saved",
4.exit the game,
5. open folder %AppData%\Local\Carnal_Instinct_UE5\Saved\SaveGames
6. copy the filename with the largest number at the end, for example: "Quicksave_Slot14"
7. rename the downloaded save file exactly the same (for example: Quicksave_Slot14)
8. move it to the SaveGames folder (allow replacement)
9. ready!) in the game you can choose this save
OOF, I did the same and the game does not let me start the save when I press the button

GreatestDerp

Feb 22, 2018
Hey guys
What are the minimum requirements to run this game?
my pc can't :(
I mean they literally have a steam page ...

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-6600 (3.3Ghz) or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (3.2Ghz)
    • Memory: 16 GB RAM
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB or AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
    • DirectX: Version 12
    • Storage: 10 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 (3.2Ghz) or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (3.6 Ghz)
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT or INTEL Arc A770

rafa30

Engaged Member
Aug 2, 2017
I mean they literally have a steam page ...

• MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-6600 (3.3Ghz) or AMD Ryzen 5 1400 (3.2Ghz)
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB or AMD Radeon RX 470 4GB
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7-8700 (3.2Ghz) or AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (3.6 Ghz)
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 1080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT or INTEL Arc A770
Thank you :giggle:

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
where can i find a pregnant girl?
For a serious answer: you have to enable NPC pregnancy on a peninsula just west of the Aesthetic shrine. I left a warning post about a critical game-breaking issue earlier in this thread about enabling player pregnancy and having the player get pregnant more than once, you should read it before you continue. NPCs may also gain issues but I'm not sure.

If you are really curious about pregnancy then find your save files and copy all of them before you continue. Check your character's stats often and see when your stats start to break and how. The changes after the first time are permanent and stack.

l26867637

Apr 13, 2021
For a serious answer: you have to enable NPC pregnancy on a peninsula just west of the Aesthetic shrine. I left a warning post about a critical game-breaking issue earlier in this thread about enabling player pregnancy and having the player get pregnant more than once, you should read it before you continue. NPCs may also gain issues but I'm not sure.

If you are really curious about pregnancy then find your save files and copy all of them before you continue. Check your character's stats often and see when your stats start to break and how. The changes after the first time are permanent and stack.
Oh no, that's a serious problem, is the DEV working on it yet?

It would take so much of the fun out of it

CyberCy616

Feb 14, 2021
Oh no, that's a serious problem, is the DEV working on it yet?

It would take so much of the fun out of it
From the looks of things they are mainly getting content out first to fill the starting area up with things to do as well as adding caves, movement like climbing. Best guess on bug fixes week or two after the next content drop. Then have that be the norm massive content work then one to two weeks of bug fixing.

Reactions: MrStal0ne

RockDancer

Sep 13, 2019
The quest is finished and doable, but this game version is super-duper finicky about dialogue triggers. I had this quest bugged like you so I just restarted the game and skipped any other quest and encounter I could to get there. It's the most rewarding quest in the game too - you get the 2-handed sword, bows, arrows, and unique armor from chests that spawn by the water's edge when the dialogue reveals them. If you're a "nice" player, tell the Anubites about the ships to escape with, do not tell them that you found their weapons for them to try to defend themselves with. The captain hints that you may meet them again in another location later should they survive.

The Prodigal Son quest also bugs like this when it's time to go back to the father to finish the quest - he won't let you complete the dialogue sometimes. Just run that quest through from start to finish when you get it. I still don't know what the "???" option is, I don't mind spoilers.
Where do you find the prodigal son? I am stuck there....

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes