nogling

Jul 26, 2021
PC preg is still bugged. When save mid preg, leave, and come back, the belly is nonexistent. You need to go to the cosmetic shrine and suddenly you see the belly again, but the pregnancy doesn't seem to be progressing. This was exactly what was going on last update, and this one was supposed to fix that... :(

Agent_Smith

Oct 27, 2023
PC preg is still bugged. When save mid preg, leave, and come back, the belly is nonexistent. You need to go to the cosmetic shrine and suddenly you see the belly again, but the pregnancy doesn't seem to be progressing. This was exactly what was going on last update, and this one was supposed to fix that... :(
Lovely. I suppose there goes all my excitement about the entire game until this can be properly remedied in a future update.

Tomoushie

Aug 18, 2017
I have a huge bug that prevents me from pressing the A key to move my character to the left. I have a European French keyboard, so I don't play with WASD but with ZQSD. Unfortunately, when I edit to put A, it puts a - and then automatically puts Q, which is supposed to be the key I want, but my character doesn't move to the left. I've already deleted the "input" file so that the game can recreate it, but that doesn't solve the problem. I can't figure out why.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
You forgot "making an actual game rather than a sex sandbox", which is clearly what they were referring to.
That's like saying GTA could learn something from Need for Speed (make it an actual racing game instead of the mix GTA wants to provide).

Carnal Instinct is inferior to Wild Life in every single aspect. And story wise there are tons of games out here that are way better for story telling. Open world's aren't really designed for story telling, but for exploration and sandbox fun. Except you're a triple A publisher like CDPR or Rockstar / Ubisoft, they have the manpower to fill a huge open world with an actual story that doesn't get lost in the wild. But don't expect some patreon guys to deliver anything even remotely close. If you're not triple A and want to provide a good story, open world is something you want to avoid.

• Angry
Reactions: MrStal0ne

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
That's like saying GTA could learn something from Need for Speed (make it an actual racing game instead of the mix GTA wants to provide).
Nah, it's a perfectly valid comparison because Wild Life marketed itself as a game for ages, promised a game for ages, and never actually delivered a game. Carnal Instinct marketed itself as a game for ages, promised a game for ages, delivered multiple iterations of a game, and never bothered focusing more dev time than necessary on an obscenely detailed sex sandbox system that gets updated to the exclusion of everything else.

It sounds like you're on the wrong game thread, honestly. Carnal Instinct is a game, not a sandbox.

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021
It's worse than that, saving/loading is busted right now, it breaks quests, makes npcs disappear (looking at you anubite quest), reset your morph settings, resets small events (the little white square ones), it duplicates mounts, npcs, items and so on...
My advice is to do a full run of the content in one session AND without dying once, else the game's gonna break.
Switching to UE5 was a huge stepback, it's not even a pre alpha anymore, looks more like a tech demo. Hopefully, they'll get back on track but I don't see this happening for a good while.

Reactions: hickdx3

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It's worse than that, saving/loading is busted right now, it breaks quests, makes npcs disappear (looking at you anubite quest), reset your morph settings, resets small events (the little white square ones), it duplicates mounts, npcs, items and so on...
My advice is to do a full run of the content in one session AND without dying once, else the game's gonna break.
Switching to UE5 was a huge stepback, it's not even a pre alpha anymore, looks more like a tech demo. Hopefully, they'll get back on track but I don't see this happening for a good while.
Are you loading ingame, or after closing and reopening the game? The UE4 version had significant issues with ingame loads not properly resetting anything, and I would be shocked to learn the developers avoided the problem successfully on UE5.

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021
Are you loading ingame, or after closing and reopening the game? The UE4 version had significant issues with ingame loads not properly resetting anything, and I would be shocked to learn the developers avoided the problem successfully on UE5.
It's doesn't matter, when the save/load system is used, it breaks the game. If you're dying once you're done, you have to do a fresh run or something will be missing or broken.

Edit : I might also add that even the graphic settings reset everytime you go in the graphics menu.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It's doesn't matter, when the save/load system is used, it breaks the game. If you're dying once you're done, you have to do a fresh run or something will be missing or broken.
Dying utilizes an ingame load, so if ingame load is broken then it will break things. I am just curious about whether this can be prevented by always ensuring that you close the game and then load from the title screen rather than utilizing the ingame load, which was true of the UE4 version's save/load cross-contamination issue.

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021
Dying utilizes an ingame load, so if ingame load is broken then it will break things. I am just curious about whether this can be prevented by always ensuring that you close the game and then load from the title screen rather than utilizing the ingame load, which was true of the UE4 version's save/load cross-contamination issue.
Pretty sure it's the same deal since I didn't do my first run in one sitting and when I loaded my game couple days later, stuff were broken, my mount was duplicated and I couldn't even start the anubite quest because the npcs were completely missing.

Fuchsschweif

Sep 24, 2019
Nah, it's a perfectly valid comparison because Wild Life marketed itself as a game for ages, promised a game for ages, and never actually delivered a game.
That's because the game is still mid development, of course they haven't delivered the promised game yet when they're still developing it.

Carnal Instinct also isn't a finished game. You can run around in a world where's not much to do and try out some of the poses and some sidequests and that's all.

Carnal Instinct marketed itself as a game for ages, promised a game for ages, delivered multiple iterations of a game, and never bothered focusing more dev time than necessary on an obscenely detailed sex sandbox system that gets updated to the exclusion of everything else
That's why the game isn't as successful as Wild Life. They did a bit of everything, but too few of it and nothing really great. Everything is just mediocre. And to do 3D in 2023 while delivering this mediocre amount of sex positions and quality of animations is just not cutting it.

MkUltSmash

Oct 20, 2021
The prodigal son......where the hell is the damn kid and the field hand. Can anyone please pinpoint it on the map. I swear ive scoured all the damn fields

Sep 16, 2018
Is the Unreal 5 update worth playing or is the Unreal 4 version more complete? It says it has less content but also includes a major content update?

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes