Nov 13, 2017
They're barely fighting against piracy. They are, in fact, doing the bare minimum a developer would be expected to do. Filing DMCA takedown on links and implementing basic DRM tied to the crowdfunding services. It is absolutely incomparable to something like Denuvo or going full ubisoft always-online, and certainly doesn't compare to a renpy developer using daz3d and prefab models and code.

What has Team Carnal done?
  • Worked on a game for approaching a year, much of that time with a negative budget.
  • Paid for the project out of their own pockets when it wasn't making money.
  • Created an interesting world, from-scratch, that is still ongoing in development.
  • Been as open about development as they reasonably could be, including posting here both now and in the past. (Patreon forces adult content to be paywalled, thus their update logs not being public. They're also putting info onto a wiki now.)
  • Continued work on the project despite financial and community backlash.
  • Implemented basic DRM to protect their investments.
  • Put their long term livelihoods (including their ability to support their families) at risk by stepping out of the normal game development industry to work on an AO title.
What have we, F95, done as a community?
  • Immediately accused the developers of stealing assets from AAA games.
  • Made a longstanding habit of creating public upload links for a paid product as soon as possible, even when that product had a negative budget. (Notably, F95 has fairly good SEO due to having existed for quite a while, so this forum's pages can easily eclipse the official pages of a new developer in searches.)
  • Insulted the abilities of the developers for quite a lot of reasons, varying from the art to the code to the world itself.
  • Insulted and demeaned the project for not having specific features people wanted, often when those features are explicitly planned by the developer and in their easy to access, publicly available roadmap.
  • Reacted to the basic, entirely reasonable DRM the developers put in place to help protect the project from literally going under with insults, moralistic assumptions, and accusations that they have no plans to actually develop a finished product.
  • Treated an early alpha project with core mechanics still being developed as though it was nearly finished and just devoid of content. (Seriously, this game has a lot of "only one of this exists" because they're developing mechanics and will, once everything is ready, scale it outward to full content scope.)
So overall you might see why the developers aren't on the best of terms with this forum.
Couldn't have said it better, brotha. I love this forum, it's one of a kind, but i swear some people say shit without thinking sometimes.

Nov 13, 2017
When will devs understand that piracy is not "Oh no, 100 people pirated my game, so I lost 100 sales!" but "Hm, out of 100 people who pirated, 15 bought my game, so +15 sales and free marketing, nice!"?

Although I must say this corporate level of anti-piracy from niche indies is funny to witness.
You clearly haven't been following the conversation.
The issue was that when people searched up "Carnal Instinct" on Google, this page was easier to find than their own website or patreon. Then people start to wonder, "why the hell am i paying for this game when i could have just cracked the game and the devs are not doing anything about it so there's nothing for me to lose in cracking this game."
This way, they're protecting their patrons' interests so that they can continue working on the game NOT at a loss and a negative budget.
Say what you will about the people paying monthly for incremental content drops, but they're the ones paying for the development of this game, and i haven't seen anyone on their discord complain about the steam vs patreon content disparity, so most of the qualms about paid content are on this piracy forum, most likely.
It's rare that we get an outlier of a game like this, and seeing the work they're doing and what they will do, i'm willing to let them realize their product then buying it as one.
Hell, i've been waiting for Teraurge for three years now, i can wait a little longer for this.

ZAJL

Dec 15, 2018
despite the frustration for people who want to play the game, or are like me who are still on the fence about buying it (although after playing it for a few hours I think it might be worth it) I've got to hand it to the devs for innovating so heavily into a custom DRM of sorts, their attempts to fight piracy have been admirable and deserve recognition.

Still need the game to come out of fucking "Pre-Alpha" for any of this effort into DRM and any of my money to touch the project, it's good, has polish, and has potential, but that's a lot of work for something they are claiming to be in a pre-pre-pre-release state

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
So the DL link provided here is just for a downloaded (80M)? How big is this game atm?
TBH, with soooo many Crowdfunding / Early access Scam out there, heck Even some big AAA studios are doing it regularly, it's really hard to justify throwing money into one only because "you like the idea of the game".
Sucks for developers who are really trying to make a game (instead of milking money) and consumers who are more than willing to pay for a good game, but what can you do :(

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
So the DL link provided here is just for a downloaded (80M)? How big is this game atm?
TBH, with soooo many Crowdfunding / Early access Scam out there, heck Even some big AAA studios are doing it regularly, it's really hard to justify throwing money into one only because "you like the idea of the game".
Sucks for developers who are really trying to make a game (instead of milking money) and consumers who are more than willing to pay for a good game, but what can you do :(
The game is about 2.6GB on disk. Don't bother right now tho since we're currently waiting for either the latest iteration of their login check to get cracked or the June Steam update to get released and shared.

rexharbinger

Sep 15, 2017
Well, while you are waiting, I've posted my (absolutely horrible) Carnal Instinct story based on the interaction you can have with the Adept Concubine Khalith, the one where she says "Why stop there? With a cock that big you could gape my womb... want to try?"

It is very bad and wrong. In fact, there should be a new, stronger word for it. Like badwrong, or badong.

Anyway, for those of you whose curiosity outweighs your common sense, I have the story posted at Hentai Foundry under Games. I'm not sure what the rules are about linking other places from here, but that should be enough to find it easily, if you are so inclined.

Last edited:

LOL30004331

Jun 17, 2021
While the original login window was burning, where it says "Press any button", I quickly clicked on this any button, and then clicked on the "New game" button. And oh yes, I MANAGED to enter the game !!! Try this and play the newest version while it can be done.

4.00 star(s) 85 Votes