Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
I doubt vore will ever be in this game, that is, I don't see how it fits into the game's current lore.

However, if we sift through the myths of Ancient Egypt, we'll find lots of grim and disturbing things, such as dismemberment, necrophilia, posthumous insemination, and so on.

So, if the developers stay true to this, we will see some bizarre stuff in the future...

desireloading

May 18, 2019
Hi, sorry to bother you again but something worries me, yesterday I started a new game in version V0.5.160 for no particular reason until I got to the mission where you have to climb, as always I saved and closed the game, but I opened it today and no saves appear, despite having them in the corresponding C:\Users\-----\AppData\Local\Carnal_Instinct_UE5\Saved\SaveGames folder and they don't seem to have any problems. Could you help me solve the problem? I attach one of my last saves so you can check it.

Last edited:

Dudestine

Feb 15, 2018
What a crooked game.
KAB'ALRAH Dungeon
The lever stopped working after leaving the dungeon again. I received the reward, but I can’t get out of the dungeon. The save is loaded in the same place.

Was lucky that autosave was enabled when I first visited the Dungeon and the levers worked.
did you find the secret exit beneath the elevator accessible by skirting the ledge that leads to imminent death?

Pimone

Mar 29, 2021
Go talk to the innkeeper, get the quest to remove your mask. Once you complete that, (including the bossfight) some broad will show up to tell you what to do next. Follow her instructions to head back to an obelisk on the island you washed up on and enjoy having unlocked character customization
Where?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

Hi all,

Just a brief development update to give you an idea of where we are. Some of the new systems which we showcased in the last development blog required us to upgrade the engine to version 5.4, which we had already done at time of last posting. Since then, and as we approached our initial estimate of the end of July, we began our usual process of test builds to check for any unexpected surprises.

In UE5.4, Epic have included some fairly hefty performance improvements, however these have not come without a cost. The "improvements" have slightly altered the way that lighting works, creating some fairly unpleasant visual errors that we're not happy with. Having spent the past week crunching on almost nothing but a fix for these, we've resolved most of the lighting errors that impact characters, however there are still some which we're not prepared to ship with.

These errors do not exist in the 'editor' version of the game, only the shipping build (i.e. what you all get to play) which does help somewhat with narrowing down what Epic have broken. That said we don't want to have all our hard work undermined by a graphical glitch that ruins the final look of DSS 2.0. To this end the art team will be doing little else until we've resolved the issue, a decision that will necessarily add to our development time.

We will keep you in the loop and let you know as soon as we have it nailed down. What we can say fairly conclusively is that we're not going to have DSS 2.0 out in July, rather it'll drop sometime in August. We appreciate that you want to get your hands on it ASAP, but we also know you won't want a scuffed release that's been pushed just to meet an arbitrary date. This shouldn't impact our additional planned updates for the year, as these are mostly being worked on by different team members in parallel (that is to say that you can still expect multiple content updates from us, after DSS 2.0, before the year is out).

In the meantime I wanted to share one of the small upgrades that's coming in the DSS 2.0 update (though technically it's already been revealed on the Patreon-exclusive "Behind the Scenes" section of the Disord), and that's correctly coloured genitals. All genitals will now have differing tones based on your selected skin, so you'll no longer sport a generic colour when it comes to your "equipment". This also means that particularly vivid skins may sport some fairly outlandish genital colouration, giving us more ways to express differences between subtypes of various forms. We'll extend this colouration to female genital variations in time.

So that's where things stand, a slight halt whilst we fix what Epic have broken. Shouldn't be too long and be assured that we're working on it. Watch this space.

Team Carnal Instinct

desireloading

May 18, 2019
Hi, sorry to bother you again but something worries me, yesterday I started a new game in version V0.5.160 for no particular reason until I got to the mission where you have to climb, as always I saved and closed the game, but I opened it today and no saves appear, despite having them in the corresponding C:\Users\-----\AppData\Local\Carnal_Instinct_UE5\Saved\SaveGames folder and they don't seem to have any problems. Could you help me solve the problem? I attach one of my last saves so you can check it.
Well, since I couldn't solve the problem, I ask you: how to add a game save without errors? Describe the process as best as possible

Dirgha

Mar 11, 2020
How to use this item
Once you accept the quest from the slavers' boss, you can go to a nearby camp where three fugitive slaves are. Press Tab to select that item in the same way you use ranged magic. Target one of the slaves and hold down the Q button until the slave is sucked into the jar.
Return to the boss to finish the quest.

Later you can catch slaves repeatedly and sell them to a slave trader for 100 gold each.

desireloading

May 18, 2019
Well, since I couldn't solve the problem, I ask you: how to add a game save without errors? Describe the process as best as possible
Could you please help? I just need a little help to solve this, but I don't know how it works, how to add a save and how to make the game read it without problems

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021

Hi all,

Just a brief development update to give you an idea of where we are. Some of the new systems which we showcased in the last development blog required us to upgrade the engine to version 5.4, which we had already done at time of last posting. Since then, and as we approached our initial estimate of the end of July, we began our usual process of test builds to check for any unexpected surprises.

In UE5.4, Epic have included some fairly hefty performance improvements, however these have not come without a cost. The "improvements" have slightly altered the way that lighting works, creating some fairly unpleasant visual errors that we're not happy with. Having spent the past week crunching on almost nothing but a fix for these, we've resolved most of the lighting errors that impact characters, however there are still some which we're not prepared to ship with.

These errors do not exist in the 'editor' version of the game, only the shipping build (i.e. what you all get to play) which does help somewhat with narrowing down what Epic have broken. That said we don't want to have all our hard work undermined by a graphical glitch that ruins the final look of DSS 2.0. To this end the art team will be doing little else until we've resolved the issue, a decision that will necessarily add to our development time.

We will keep you in the loop and let you know as soon as we have it nailed down. What we can say fairly conclusively is that we're not going to have DSS 2.0 out in July, rather it'll drop sometime in August. We appreciate that you want to get your hands on it ASAP, but we also know you won't want a scuffed release that's been pushed just to meet an arbitrary date. This shouldn't impact our additional planned updates for the year, as these are mostly being worked on by different team members in parallel (that is to say that you can still expect multiple content updates from us, after DSS 2.0, before the year is out).

In the meantime I wanted to share one of the small upgrades that's coming in the DSS 2.0 update (though technically it's already been revealed on the Patreon-exclusive "Behind the Scenes" section of the Disord), and that's correctly coloured genitals. All genitals will now have differing tones based on your selected skin, so you'll no longer sport a generic colour when it comes to your "equipment". This also means that particularly vivid skins may sport some fairly outlandish genital colouration, giving us more ways to express differences between subtypes of various forms. We'll extend this colouration to female genital variations in time.

So that's where things stand, a slight halt whilst we fix what Epic have broken. Shouldn't be too long and be assured that we're working on it. Watch this space.

Team Carnal Instinct
Here we go again. These guys and their engine upgrades... At this point it should become a meme.
I guess everything is a good excuse to keep delaying... *cough* and milking *cough*
Hopefully UE6 doesn't come out soon, else they're gonna have to convert the game and start from scratch again.

DyonisXX

Jun 13, 2022
Hey if I've never played either of these before should I play the UE4 version first or jump to the UE5 one?

4.00 star(s) 87 Votes