VN Ren'Py Completed Chasing Beth [v1.0.2] [Tora Productions]

4.40 star(s) 17 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
As you played this game, could you attept a short description of what it is about?
How about a summary?
Maybe a broad outline of the plot?
That could be helpful - especially when someone ... :censored: ... doesnt know what an Elsaverse is.

And not be able to rename the MC is always a hard sell for me ... but maybe I will have a look ...

Jan 21, 2020
hmm, what is the game about?
As you played this game, could you attept a short description of what it is about?
How about a summary?
Maybe a broad outline of the plot?
You play as Joel, a former war correspondent who returned back home after being wounded and now works as a popular relationship columnist with the times. Joel gets an offer from his boss to work on a vigilante story and he takes it, believing it may link back to his time during the war. All the while, Joel is navigating his relationship with his girlfriend, Serena, her own pain, as well as dealing with the presence of two people in his head, Tony and Tonya, (which he believes are manifestations of his PTSD) but who also provide advice about his relationships and help write his column.

P.s It is the latest in the long line of Tora Production games. I would recommend playing the rest first as they are excellent and lay the groundwork for this one.

Last edited:

Blackeye.

Aug 15, 2020
Unofficial Android Port of :

Chasing Beth [v1.0]

My android port have alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port have textbox opacity slider and text size slider. If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Padre Katyusha

I can't be called a woman cause I'm not hot enough
Uploader
Jun 4, 2019
Unofficial Android Port of :

Chasing Beth [v1.0]

My android port have alternative save location, the save will remain intact when you uninstall the game so don't worry about starting over. And my port have textbox opacity slider and text size slider. If it says unknown developer or something like that just press install anyway.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Did you fixed the other one?

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
Instant download off Patreon yesterday.

Graphics, posing, story are all great as usual, but I think the best praise I can give this game is that it makes me strive to be a better person. Thanks for this, Tlaero and Mortze.

Plus I've been wanting closure for poor Serena since her heart was broken a couple of games back.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
especially when someone ... :censored: ... doesnt know what an Elsaverse is.
The so called "Elsaverse" is a series of short games set in the same universe and whose stories are heavily linked together.
Every game has a different MC and a different canon LI (plus some other LIs for non-canon endings). This is why naming the MC doesn't work well, since he will reappear in the other games.

The games are oldish, released between 5 and 3 years ago. Since then renders and animations improved a lot (even if they still hold their ground) but, with few exception, storytelling has generally gotten worse. These games still have some of the best writing.

The games, to be played in order, are:
  1. Dreaming with Elsa (that inspired the name Elsaverse)
  2. Redemption for Jessika
  3. Finding Miranda
  4. Saving Chloe
We thought the Elsaverse was done after the huge climax of the last game. A new game is a big deal, could be the start of a season two.

bingolebongo

May 15, 2020
The so called "Elsaverse" is a series of short games set in the same universe and whose stories are heavily linked together.
Every game has a different MC and a different canon LI (plus some other LIs for non-canon endings). This is why naming the MC doesn't work well, since he will reappear in the other games.

The games are oldish, released between 5 and 3 years ago. Since then renders and animations improved a lot (even if they still hold their ground) but, with few exception, storytelling has generally gotten worse. These games still have some of the best writing.

3. Finding Miranda
  4. Saving Chloe
We thought the Elsaverse was done after the huge climax of the last game. A new game is a big deal, could be the start of a season two.
There's also a single download released by Tlaero a while ago which contains all of the games plus everything related up to that point, updated for Ren'Py. It's on their Patreon.

Jul 13, 2018

3. Finding Miranda
  4. Saving Chloe
There is also Darkness Falls which is from Elsaverse as well since in this game there are characters that were also in that one

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
The previous 5 HTML games plus a bunch of short stories in the Elsaverse are contained in this Ren'Py Omnibus. As it's said in the OP, you can play Chasing Beth without knowing them but the experience changes a lot if you have played them first. This is a fully fledged universe and characters appear in several stories, so you can get to know them better if you follow the whole series.

There are also a couple of kinetic, episodic stories made originally with Ren'Py that link those games with this one: Elsa's Nightmares and Elsaverse: Transitions (Transitions being somewhat important to fully understand some Chasing Beth's turns and nuances).

4.40 star(s) 17 Votes