4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Spideyknight

Jan 2, 2021
Shit ! I had stopped when the "Save your game now" screen appeared. And I missed the last scene with Mallory in her cabin. And there, that opens up other perspectives. We see Amanda reappear (Mallory's school friend when her father commits suicide). From the conversation, it appears Mallory knew the MC's mother. Confirmation: Mallory has a psychological problem (voice in the head and suicide of the father) and she is suffering from heterochromia (one blue eye, the other green, genetic or pathological origin). On the other hand, what will be the impact of all this on the rest of the story ??? I'm waiting for the Dev to tell us in Chapter 2.
You don't suffer from Heterochromia, it isn't a disease it's a genetic mutation. A person has heterochromia, like a person has blonde hair. It's just different colored eyes, it's not a big deal.

Also I'm really wondering what story some of you guys played? Christian got handled, as far as we have seen the only person Jaye has been with is another female, her blonde friend.

Reactions: LiptonDI

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
You don't suffer from Heterochromia, it isn't a disease it's a genetic mutation. A person has heterochromia, like a person has blonde hair. It's just different colored eyes, it's not a big deal.

Also I'm really wondering what story some of you guys played? Christian got handled, as far as we have seen the only person Jaye has been with is another female, her blonde friend.
I agree, for the moment we have seen Jaye fucking with his girlfriend Tara and masturbating while calling her brother. Then, she was surprised by her brother in his room with Christian (too much noise but no sex !). On the other hand, I don't see why Jaye would manipulate Christian. What purpose ? Fuck the balls on his brother? It would be counterproductive with Mallory in ambush. Wait and see ...

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
IMPORTANT!
The patch is no longer needed (since the Patreon release of v0.5a around Dec 21st 2021). Don't bother installing it!
And big thanks to everyone who liked this post so far!

Now the game no longer replaces the default keymap, only adds its 2 keys for the quick menu ('q') and status bar ('t') toggles by updating the keymap dictionary.
This is how that part of the code now looks:
Python:
    config.keymap.update(
        toggle_quick_menu_q = [ 'K_q' ],
        toggle_stats_bar_s = [ 'K_t' ],
        anykey = None
    )
Problem solved!
Kudos to Stone Fox, who finally noticed my post and implemented his additional keys the way I suggested, keeping the default keymap intact. (y)

However, the patch can still be used for other Ren'Py games that have replaced the default keymap accidentally or intentionally and it bothers you.
Just remove the patch in case it happens to break something else.

We can use the "s" key to take screenshots is most VNs, but in this game this key is not used for that. That said, how can we take an ss in this VN, guys?
Did you try Shift + s by any chance?
Screenshot functionality was restored to this game on the "S" key in our 0.2a bugfix, and the stat bar functionality was moved to the "T" key. For obvious reasons, we typically don't post game updates here.
You can extract attached zip into the root folder (the main folder of the game where the launcher Chapter1.exe is) to restore all default keys, plus the added quick menu and status bar toggles 'q' and 't' keys for Chasing Sunsets.

Thanks a lot, Stone Fox Studios for this incredible and beautiful story!
Just a minor suggestion about adding keys to Ren'Py keymap:
Please don't do this by redefining the whole keymap the way it's been done in v0.2:
Python:
    config.keymap = dict(
        anykey = ['K_w', 'K_e', 'K_r', 'K_t', 'K_y', 'K_u', 'K_i', 'K_o', 'K_p',
                    'K_a', 'K_d', 'K_f', 'K_g', 'K_h', 'K_j', 'K_k', 'K_l',
                    'K_z', 'K_x', 'K_c', 'K_v', 'K_b', 'K_n', 'K_m' ],
        toggle_stats_bar_s = [ 'K_s' ]
        )
Just add your keys to the existing keymap dictionary, that way other Ren'Py keys won't be disabled:
Python:
    config.keymap.update(
        toggle_stats_bar_s = [ 'K_t' ]
        )

Update: fix1 (June 17th 2021)

- Chasing Sunsets script expected a key named "anykey" to exist, but since it doesn't exist in the default keymap and my patch removed it, it caused an error while I played v0.3.
I added it to the keymap and now this extra key exists and won't cause that error any more, the key just isn't bound to any physical keys.

The problem of disabled Ren'Py controls still exists, so it looks like my advise didn't reach the dev or he didn't understand its necessity. This patch still provides a working solution to the problem.

Update: (Dec 21st 2021)

Starting from the v0.5a of the game, the keymap fix I suggested has been implemented, as Stone Fox Studios told me today.
In case you are playing v0.5a or a newer version of the game, you will not need this patch any more.

Last edited:

asdcvb

Feb 6, 2019
This game is a masterpiece, no doubt about it. Really looking forward to the next update.

The conflict between your step-sister and the MC is founded almost entirely in lack of communication and misunderstandings. Her explaining why she was pushing you away, and you explaining your side would fix everything in like a 30 minute conversation. I think that's fairly clear.

A lot of tv-shows tend to create a lot of misunderstandings between two characters, to then constantly find reasons to avoid them having the needed conversation. I was wondering if this will be one of those cases? Will I be playing f.ex chapter 4 and still be waiting for them to finally have the conversation they should have had long ago?

Reactions: zephrates

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
A lot of tv-shows tend to create a lot of misunderstandings between two characters, to then constantly find reasons to avoid them having the needed conversation. I was wondering if this will be one of those cases? Will I be playing f.ex chapter 4 and still be waiting for them to finally have the conversation they should have had long ago?
bugsno.png

Thanks for the kind words, though!

asdcvb

Feb 6, 2019
To be clear I was hoping it wasn't one of those cases ;) sick of that trope.

Thank you for answering, now I couldn't be more excited to see more from you. Truly a high quality work, honestly can't find a fault with it yet.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes