4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Unlocked

While time is really flying for us at SFS, we know that this probably isn't the case for those of you waiting patiently for the next installment.
Kent is currently working his way through the most demanding scene he's had to do so far. Suffice it to say that low light, wet skin, and confined spaces where nearly everything deforms under pressure adds significantly to the challenge, and as such we're far from our peak number of renders per day at the moment. For this, we figure quality will be appreciated far more in the long term than quantity.
Evite has been working hard on putting together a presentable Achievement System which you can see demoed briefly above. We expect any achievements you've unlocked in your existing save will apply when you begin Chapter 2.
As previously stated, the story for Chapter 2 is 100% written, and the game is playable through to the end of the chapter, with art working hard to catch up to the script. Next up, my focus will be on an end-of-chapter summary and coming up with a creative way to merge a particularly intertwined series of scenes in an elegant manner.
The beta schedule is somewhat up-in-the-air at the moment as we rendered out-of-order this cycle due to the fact that we didn't want the scene Kent is working on now left until the end. We wanted plenty of time to get it right, and based on how it's looking so far, I feel like we've done just that.
Thanks again for the support and encouragement. We couldn't be more excited about what comes next, and hopefully you'll agree after you've seen it that we aren't slowing down!

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
This game is a masterpiece, no doubt about it. Really looking forward to the next update.

The conflict between your step-sister and the MC is founded almost entirely in lack of communication and misunderstandings. Her explaining why she was pushing you away, and you explaining your side would fix everything in like a 30 minute conversation. I think that's fairly clear.

A lot of tv-shows tend to create a lot of misunderstandings between two characters, to then constantly find reasons to avoid them having the needed conversation. I was wondering if this will be one of those cases? Will I be playing f.ex chapter 4 and still be waiting for them to finally have the conversation they should have had long ago?
The conflict between the MC and his sister is the heart of this VN. If they settle it in 30 minutes, then there is no more VN. On the other hand, the MC and his sister must come to an agreement on the management of their inheritance and on the death of their parents. It is obvious that they have loved each other since their earliest childhood. The art of the Dev is precisely to cook all this data to arrive at a satisfactory outcome. Between MC and his sister if possible because technically they are not brother and sister. And Jaye is an atomic bomb. "Ainsi j'ai parlé !"

Kentyrr

Chasing Sunsets Dev/Artist
Game Developer
Nov 29, 2019
my Second attempt on Jaye.. the first was to bad to show
it still needs improvements

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks like you used the Casey Reed preset from RedAntArt. Fun fact... the very first version of Jaye was that exact preset. I had to use a different model though because the eyes and some of the bones for the rigging were not working right.

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Looks like you used the Casey Reed preset from RedAntArt. Fun fact... the very first version of Jaye was that exact preset. I had to use a different model though because the eyes and some of the bones for the rigging were not working right.
a pity, that render in the white dress was extraordinary, but it's all for the greater good.

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
yeah Casey Reed v2 was the closest thing, but i don't give up :)

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Definitely Mallory. Really love her personality as much as her looks. Also, I really really liked Erika. Don't get me wrong, I really like Jaye too, as I love redheads and have a thing for tsunderes. But, those other two are kind of giving her a run for her money.

While luckily it seems Mallory will have a big role, I hope Erika becomes a more permanent heroine and not simply a one time wonder.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gladheim

Raptus Puellae

Mar 23, 2020
Definitely Mallory. Really love her personality as much as her looks. Also, I really really liked Erika. Don't get me wrong, I really like Jaye too, as I love redheads and have a thing for tsunderes. But, those other two are kind of giving her a run for her money.

While luckily it seems Mallory will have a big role, I hope Erika becomes a more permanent heroine and not simply a one time wonder.
this is what treason looks like... saying Mallory is the best girl is like saying Astrid is a dude...

• Sad
Reactions: TheFurs and Ayhsel

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Yes Inquisitor, exactly this heretic post here.

• Haha
Reactions: Ayhsel

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019

I was full steam ahead for the redhead, but Mallory stole the show. Her personality was so much fun, on top of being gorgeous. She is #1 girl for now.

Soundgfx

May 4, 2020
Man how easier it would've been if the two leading characters would just frigging talk without quipping or sarcastic remarks.

But I guess there wouldn't be drama without it. I'm one of the few retards who plays these types of visual novels for the story and don't care much for the claymation sex and I'm all for a long game of pure text.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Man how easier it would've been if the two leading characters would just frigging talk without quipping or sarcastic remarks.

But I guess there wouldn't be drama without it. I'm one of the few retards who plays these types of visual novels for the story and don't care much for the claymation sex and I'm all for a long game of pure text.
Hey buddy, I'm on the same mind. I'm fed up with VNs whose MC is an asshole still in college (or high school) with a cock as big as his arm and who spends his time fucking his mother, his sisters, his aunt, his cousins , his teachers, his sisters' friends, the neighborhood dogs, the farmer's hens and the neighbor's canary. That's why I rank "Chasing Sunsets" in the Top10, alongside "Acting Lessons, Being a Dik, Where it All Began, Amnesia, Halfway House, The City of Broken Dreamers, ...". A robust storyline with twists and turns, endearing, complex and real characters, premium graphics and animations, stunning girls and normal males. So far, little sex but the scenario does not lend itself to it yet. I am 76 years old and I hope the developers will close this awesome VN before my scheduled death! "Covid bastard"

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes