4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Unlocked
Chapter 2 Check-In!

Today is something of a milestone for us, as our most challenging scene of the update is behind us. It feels like a good time to break down our current progress level for the chapter.
As stated previously, the achievement system is ready to go, and the end-of chapter summary is looking pretty sweet as well. Hopefully we'll be able to share a preview video of that in the next week or two.
Below is where things stand at the moment. We have about 600 images for the chapter rendered, post-worked, compressed, and folded into the game.
That said, art and integration (merging features and art into the script) remain the largest chunks of work left. We should feel comfortable forecasting a date after the next scene (which is also fairly challenging) is completed. The render work after that is primarily conversational, and Kent is really good at churning those out efficiently.

Knock on wood, there have been no major hiccups so far, and we'll start pulling all of these threads together in the coming weeks as our beta build comes together for testing.
As always, Kentyrr and I are grateful for the support we receive from you, and look forward to the Chapter 2 launch with every bit as much enthusiasm as our fans!

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
hey guys, in these times of Covid-19 take care of yourself. Lock yourself in an anti-atomic bunker, take showers with hydroalcoholic solution, wear a waterproof diving suit and survival masks, get vaccinated every week and don't be distracted by women. Your sacred mission is to complete this NV without untimely interruption. I have your back !!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Dr. Psychedelic

Bjorn1992

Oct 13, 2019
hey guys, in these times of Covid-19 take care of yourself. Lock yourself in an anti-atomic bunker, take showers with hydroalcoholic solution, wear a waterproof diving suit and survival masks, get vaccinated every week and don't be distracted by women. Your sacred mission is to complete this NV without untimely interruption. I have your back !!
get.gif

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
Even if you disguise her as a DAESH terrorist, she will still be so cute and desirable. And I'll be the first to make peace and love on her...J'ai dit !

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017

Unlocked
Some Updates

Happy April, everyone!
Chapter 2 is moving along nicely with the last "difficult" scene from an art perspective fully rendered and complete. Remaining art is primarily conversational, and should go comparatively quickly.
With that said, we're gunning for a Chapter 2 release no later than May 7, which hits our 90-day development cycle goal.
With that said, we are going to make a minor adjustment to the patron tiers going forward. Since we believe patrons deserve a somewhat longer "exclusivity" period than 3 hours, we are going to move the game availability on launch day to the $5 Tier, and release to the $1 Tier a week later. Each release has leaked from the $1 Tier, so this is just an attempt to give those contributing toward development the most a chance to enjoy the game first.
We have no illusions that it will take a week to leak regardless, but we figured we'd start small, and adjust as necessary.
The other major announcement regarding the game is this chapter we will be migrating to Ren'Py 7.4.4 (over 7.3.5). We nearly did this for Chapter 1, however the Mac renderer was buggy at the time. It has since been fixed, and we require one of the 7.4.4 improvements for the End-of-Chapter Summary feature. This should only really impact users who play on Windows XP.
Speaking of that, the End-of-Chapter Summary is complete and looks great. We'll share a video of that soon! For now, here's a teaser:

Special thanks to Evite who has put a lot of effort into researching and developing this feature. It looks fantastic in action!
I'm taking this week off from my day job to complete integration of features and new art. We are approaching our first beta of Chapter 2 rapidly.
Today also represents the 1 year anniversary of our partnership. April 5th of last year is when Kentyrr and I first began seriously thinking about making a game. For those of you who have been with us since the beginning, thank you for joining us for the ride!

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Each release has leaked from the $1 Tier, so this is just an attempt to give those contributing toward development the most a chance to enjoy the game first.
How is it possible to find this out?

Are the diffrent links for diffrent tiers?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MV_1999

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
How is it possible to find this out?

Are the diffrent links for diffrent tiers?
nah, probably it just means the update has leaked as soon as it has became available for 1$ tiers.
which could be dealing of some devilish higher tier, just to make those lowli..tiers (and the rest of the plebs) suffer prolonged waiting time..which obviously had effect.
well, one just has to adore exclusivity...or inclusivity:unsure: :BootyTime:

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019

Unlocked
Some Updates

Happy April, everyone!
Chapter 2 is moving along nicely with the last "difficult" scene from an art perspective fully rendered and complete. Remaining art is primarily conversational, and should go comparatively quickly.
With that said, we're gunning for a Chapter 2 release no later than May 7, which hits our 90-day development cycle goal.
With that said, we are going to make a minor adjustment to the patron tiers going forward. Since we believe patrons deserve a somewhat longer "exclusivity" period than 3 hours, we are going to move the game availability on launch day to the $5 Tier, and release to the $1 Tier a week later. Each release has leaked from the $1 Tier, so this is just an attempt to give those contributing toward development the most a chance to enjoy the game first.
We have no illusions that it will take a week to leak regardless, but we figured we'd start small, and adjust as necessary.
The other major announcement regarding the game is this chapter we will be migrating to Ren'Py 7.4.4 (over 7.3.5). We nearly did this for Chapter 1, however the Mac renderer was buggy at the time. It has since been fixed, and we require one of the 7.4.4 improvements for the End-of-Chapter Summary feature. This should only really impact users who play on Windows XP.
Speaking of that, the End-of-Chapter Summary is complete and looks great. We'll share a video of that soon! For now, here's a teaser:

Special thanks to Evite who has put a lot of effort into researching and developing this feature. It looks fantastic in action!
I'm taking this week off from my day job to complete integration of features and new art. We are approaching our first beta of Chapter 2 rapidly.
Today also represents the 1 year anniversary of our partnership. April 5th of last year is when Kentyrr and I first began seriously thinking about making a game. For those of you who have been with us since the beginning, thank you for joining us for the ride!
What the hell ! Would the MC have gone to fight the Jihad with the Special Forces in an old C-47 Dakota? Would Jaye have played a dirty trick on him again? The next dirty trick she gives him, what is he going to do? Go whale hunting, extract sulfur on the Kawah Ijen, join the French Foreign Legion? Poor MC, he will have seen many many country !!

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
What the hell ! Would the MC have gone to fight the Jihad with the Special Forces in an old C-47 Dakota? Would Jaye have played a dirty trick on him again? The next dirty trick she gives him, what is he going to do? Go whale hunting, extract sulfur on the Kawah Ijen, join the French Foreign Legion? Poor MC, he will have seen many many country !!
Don't worry, MC hasn't suddenly become a soldier of fortune, nor is he taking sides in any wars. It will make sense in Chapter 2.

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020

Unlocked
Some Updates

Happy April, everyone!

Nice! Can't wait to see this new update. May 1 we will have Leap of Faith and days later, Chasing Sunsets! May will be a good month!

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes