4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

CidR

Sep 1, 2019
Yes I saw this answer too. It was in a livestream Q&A that's posted on the Patreon.
Ah okay, yeah, there lies your problem, it was on Patreon.

Would of not known this at all, heck, I don't even check the posts from creators that I follow on Patreon myself.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Second, I tried to choose all the choices that do not give trust or love with Mallory, but that did not change anything. She kissed Alex in front of Jaye, and then she went with Alex the last scene while Christian was watching.If the options don't change anything, why were they made?
I've done three scratch play throughs. I understand your frustration. But let us examine your question. If our choices seem unimportant, then Mallory MUST have a another reason for her behavior completely independent of whether we are or are not interested.

I suspect you've demonstrated that sweet Mallory has an agenda far more purposeful that we previously suspected, if we were suspicious at all.

BeingADikDik

Apr 17, 2021
I've done three scratch play throughs. I understand your frustration. But let us examine your question. If our choices seem unimportant, then Mallory MUST have a another reason for her behavior completely independent of whether we are or are not interested.

I suspect you've demonstrated that sweet Mallory has an agenda far more purposeful that we previously suspected, if we were suspicious at all.
Mallory is at the heart of the pharmaceutical plotline. She is the living embodiment of a known but fraudulently hidden side effect of a drug trial that ultimately caused MC's mother to start a new company.

Reactions: UncleFredo

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Mallory is at the heart of the pharmaceutical plotline. She is the living embodiment of a known but fraudulently hidden side effect of a drug trial that ultimately caused MC's mother to start a new company.
Your statement lines right up with my previous speculations. There is a lot more here than's been revealed. Perhaps much or most of it unknown to the MC, Jaye. or possibly even George.

Reactions: DA22

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
[
Mallory is one of the two options the game gave you at the beginning of Chapter 2. It is not a game whose story was written several years to be a trap Like love of your life and company or nothing and you loose everything What I see from Mallory is that she really does have a crush on the Alex. She said that when she was talking to one of her friends, All thoughts are that She's trying to cheat on Alex and George. Excuse me. I think it's not even in the developer's plans.
I've played to maximize the attraction/love of both Jaye and Mallory (although the only heart I want to win is Jaye's and at the first forced branch between them it's Jaye for me or no one). So I hadn't experienced the result of pushing Mallory away to know that she still attempted to force closeness.

My point stands without regard to her possible motives, the devs are using her to advance the plot. The problem is that in so doing they may have compromised her integrity or trustworthiness. We'll find out in the next update.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
[

I've played to maximize the attraction/love of both Jaye and Mallory (although the only heart I want to win is Jaye's and at the first forced branch between them it's Jaye for me or no one). So I hadn't experienced the result of pushing Mallory away to know that she still attempted to force closeness.

My point stands without regard to her possible motives, the devs are using her to advance the plot. The problem is that in so doing they may have compromised her integrity or trustworthiness. We'll find out in the next update.
If you push Mallory away, it's pretty clear by the end of Chapter 2 that she is starting to cut you out.

MC: "It worked out this time, but try to keep your focus on the stuff that concerns you."
Mallory: "You got it, Mr. Campbell."
Narrator: "For the first time since you met her, you hear a note of dislike in Mallory's voice."
Mallory: "Let's go share what my snooping found with George."

Jun 10, 2020
The worst that can happen is that the game takes paths on things you didn't choose, like Christian telling Jaye that Alex is dating Mallory and spoiling the relationship again.
And The choice with whom you choose to have a relationship Jaye or Mallory I see that he is very hasty that choice should have been the moment Alex leaves his room and heads to one of the rooms and tells one of the two girls his love
What?

Jun 10, 2020
The worst that can happen is that the game takes paths on things you didn't choose, like Christian telling Jaye that Alex is dating Mallory and spoiling the relationship again.
What does this mean? Are you just making up hypotheticals to argue against them?

And The choice with whom you choose to have a relationship Jaye or Mallory I see that he is very hasty that choice should have been the moment Alex leaves his room and heads to one of the rooms and tells one of the two girls his love
No choice has been made yet. Again, hypothetical?

Jun 10, 2020
I do not understand what you are asking, I will explain what I said
First: I'm not interested in Mallory. I care about jaye she is Alex's first love and he is also her first love. I don't want Mallory's actions to affect Alex's relationship with Jaye, especially since I'm not interested in her.
Okay... but other people might be interested in Mallory... so, what are you arguing for? To just have Jaye as a love interest? Wouldn't that be a bit boring?

Secondly, what is the use of the choice now between jaye or Mallorin, that it does not affect anything, does not add scenes or delete scenes, It will be better when it is an irreversible choice, either jaye or Mallory, and then he will resolve Alex's relationship with one of them in the game But now it's just a useless option
The story has just begun....

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I do not understand what you are asking, I will explain what I said
First: I'm not interested in Mallory. I care about jaye she is Alex's first love and he is also her first love. I don't want Mallory's actions to affect Alex's relationship with Jaye, especially since I'm not interested in her.
Secondly, what is the use of the choice now between jaye or Mallorin, that it does not affect anything, does not add scenes or delete scenes, It will be better when it is an irreversible choice, either jaye or Mallory, and then he will resolve Alex's relationship with one of them in the game But now it's just a useless option
I would say that there will certainly be moments of jealousy between the two girls, but I think that with a fairly faithful walk you shouldn't see much damage (except for a few tears and a few angry escapes).

Reactions: DavDR

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
What's the point of options then I finished Chapter Two with the fewest points with Mallory and the most points with Jaye. I didn't do anything with Mallory. It shouldn't be spoiling Alex's relationship with jaye based on something I completely rejected.
then jealousy will be minimal, but there will be a misunderstood situation

Reactions: Turki 10
Jun 10, 2020
I said that
First, I said that the worst thing that could happen was that the game would hold me accountable for choices I didn't make. There are people interested in Mallory. I'm not. I don't want alex and Jaye relationship to be spoiled based on choices I didn't make. Mallory kissed Alex while I didn't make any choice to accept her. I chose options that didn't increase trust or love and nothing changed.
What I mean, my friend, is that you have the freedom to choose between Jaye and Mallory. Of course, there will be a difference of opinion, especially since Jaye made many mistakes against Alex.What I'm saying is simply, I don't want Mallory to be the cause of any problem between Alex and Jay, and when I chose all options that rejected Mallory.
Yeah, that makes sense. We will have to see how the devs play that out.

Reactions: Turki 10

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Yeah, that makes sense. We will have to see how the devs play that out.
Doubt you have anything to worry about. They've been pretty clear in their livestreams and in everyday conversation that you'll only be penalized for choices you make. They've also been pretty consistent on considering "game overs" to be lazy, and that consequences will make sense for the decisions that lead to them. I think the specific example was, "If you choose beer over wine in Chapter 1, it won't have a disproportionate impact on a story branch later in the game."

I guess that doesn't mean you'll be immune to some drama imposed by the plot for things outside your control, but it seems unlikely that those will amount to more than minor inconveniences in the big picture.

Reactions: MV_1999 and DA22

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Doubt you have anything to worry about. They've been pretty clear in their livestreams and in everyday conversation that you'll only be penalized for choices you make. They've also been pretty consistent on considering "game overs" to be lazy, and that consequences will make sense for the decisions that lead to them. I think the specific example was, "If you choose beer over wine in Chapter 1, it won't have a disproportionate impact on a story branch later in the game."

I guess that doesn't mean you'll be immune to some drama imposed by the plot for things outside your control, but it seems unlikely that those will amount to more than minor inconveniences in the big picture.
Yup I am sure they will try to befuddle us some, throw some smoke and mirrors during the story and make sure we will see all we need to see and get some time with all people we need to get to know to make choices. In the end though same as with that conversation blurb with Jaye, in the end it will make sense and be reasonably intuitive in hindsight.

Of course that does not mean everyone will see it exactly same as devs, sometimes cultural, social differences and personal experiences will make your own convictions on how to deal with a situation or how in game was reacted by characters different from theirs and what they saw as reasonable outcomes and behavior.

Auroma!

Aug 10, 2020
like Christian telling Jaye that Alex is dating Mallory and spoiling the relationship again.
That’s where Jaye’s trust points should play the part like if you have more than x trust points Jaye trusts MC and if you don’t have enough points she believes the douche.

Reactions: MV_1999

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
That would be fair. In My save game was I had all the trust points with Jaye
I'm just worried that the relationship between the two will spoil and it doesn't matter the number of trust points or love. And What I'm most afraid of is that this is part of the scenario, the two brothers parting again I think we've seen enough of the brothers parting over and over again, even if it's Jaye who's leaving this time, it's kind of ridiculous.
I am pretty sure devs said that if you play for a path with Jaye ending, you will be able to get a path with a happy Jaye ending. I am also sure that goes for every other LI in the game, of which two we do not know yet who they are or have met them yet. So though I am sure we will have more drama and not just a straight path to heaven with Jaye from now on, it will not be so that actions of other girls will make that relation impossible without your own choices as player. Also it unlikely that any ending path has already been locked in at this stage, since the other LI's have not even been able to steal your heart as players yet. :)

We also know for sure there is no MC/Tara or MC/Jaye/Tara ending as things stand, but if any of the other LI's can pair up in rest of game is unsure, though I did not get the idea from devs an ending with all four of them in a harem is likely, but possibly one or two Li's might be open to a relationship with more as two partners. To me it seems unlikely at the moment that would include Jaye as she has been portrayed until now, but devs have rest of game to make things believable or not as they see fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: MV_1999

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
What I meant is not the end of the game, I mean more drama, I simply mean the two brothers' separation due to another misunderstanding. As for the harem, I think there will only be one. I think that even Jaye will not accept Alex's sharing with Tara.
Well we kinda know for sure that will not happen with Tara and like I said it seems unlikely Jaye will accept any pairing beyond just her and MC as we have come to know her. We know nothing yet though about who other two LI's are and not that much about Mallory. Some pairings could be possible there depending on what devs want and who the other two women are.

Drama, with jaye only the devs know what they have planned. Just I know she will have to retreat a bit as focus to give the other Li's a chance. Whether that will be fireworks and either MC or jaye leaving for a bit of MC or Jaye having to leave a bit to take care of another obligation or something else, well who knows besides the devs at this moment. :)

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes