4.60 star(s) 307 Votes

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
Calling me coward is a bit strong and totally contrary to reality. The reality is that I fought for fifteen years in the ranks of the French Foreign Legion all the bastards of this cruel world who threatened the citizens of my country, without asking myself questions, without hesitation, without regrets and without remorse. But ... I was not prepared to sentence this delicious, friendly and cute Mallory to death :cry:... that is my dilemma ;) !
I meat and only meant those actions were cowardice...which is something I used to do...15 years ?...So Cool !

You always gave a military kind of vibe by the way.

RandomBloke

Oct 10, 2019
Looking for a little help. I can't seem to get the "Bet on Black" achievement to pop. I'm one point short of having Mallory's full trust and after multiple plays trying different things, I don't know what else to do. I did have full points with her at the end of the previous chapters. Can some kind soul walk me through the way to get max points with her in Ch 3?

Last edited:

DracoXXX

Jul 7, 2021
Usually I let such things slide but(since I enjoyed this way more than i anticipated)have to point out a mistake u keep bringing up from time to time & that is about Mal's BFF who u say is suffering from Retts syndrome which is actually a fatal condition affecting Grey matter of brain seen exclusively in Females where symptoms starts appearing from 8-11 where the child evn forgets previous learnt skills like speaking,walking, etc that progressively worsens with age + many complications with heart &lungs.A Retts child max survival age is around 20-24 that too if she's lucky enough. I'm pretty sure u got the syndrome mixed & based on the symptoms shown I'm guessing she probably has SAVANT SYNDROME. All the best:)

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Usually I let such things slide but(since I enjoyed this way more than i anticipated)have to point out a mistake u keep bringing up from time to time & that is about Mal's BFF who u say is suffering from Retts syndrome which is actually a fatal condition affecting Grey matter of brain seen exclusively in Females where symptoms starts appearing from 8-11 where the child evn forgets previous learnt skills like speaking,walking, etc + many complications with heart &lungs.A Retts child max survival age is around 20-24 that too if she's lucky enough. I'm pretty sure u got the syndrome mixed & based on the symptoms shown I'm guessing she probably has SAVANT SYNDROME. All the best:)
thanks for the clarification, but I wouldn't assume it's a mistake

we are talking about a story in which we talk about experimental medical treatments, miraculous births etc... so you never know

Reactions: Real Kreten

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
thanks for the clarification, but I wouldn't assume it's a mistake

we are talking about a story in which we talk about experimental medical treatments, miraculous births etc... so you never know
No, he's correct in general.

Rett Syndrome does have massive physiological and developmental consequences. Amanda's is simply referred to as a "rare variant" with late onset for the purposes of our fiction. Amanda refers to this in her final conversation with Mallory in the post-credits scene in Chapter 3, where she comments that if Mallory wants to meet "this me" again, she better be quick. The implication is that soon, Amanda won't be recognizable as the person she was.

Chapter 4 will expand on this a bit further, however I'm not a geneticist or a medical doctor. Liberties will be taken...

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
No, he's correct in general.

Rett Syndrome does have massive physiological and developmental consequences. Amanda's is simply referred to as a "rare variant" with late onset for the purposes of our fiction. Amanda refers to this in her final conversation with Mallory in the post-credits scene in Chapter 3, where she comments that if Mallory wants to meet "this me" again, she better be quick. The implication is that soon, Amanda won't be recognizable as the person she was.

Chapter 4 will expand on this a bit further, however I'm not a geneticist or a medical doctor. Liberties will be taken...
Rett syndrome can be treated and even cured with gene therapy (latest news published by The Lancet). I don't know if the prognosis is better if the detection is early. But DEVs are masters of their heroine's disease, regardless of the latest medical discoveries.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
Rett syndrome can be treated and even cured with gene therapy (latest news published by The Lancet). I don't know if the prognosis is better if the detection is early. But DEVs are masters of their heroine's disease, regardless of the latest medical discoveries.
That usually means it's not anything available in the market and anywhere in the world.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
Devs, if I may ask, what do you make of Tara's popularity? Do you regret not giving her a more central role in the story? Does it gives you some ideas for a next possible game?

Honestly she has to be the best model AND character to not be a full LI in this sort of games.

• Sad
Reactions: felicemastronzo

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Tara is a plotpoint :b Nothing more nothing less. And she served her role so off she goes ;D

She might get her own game though.Who knows :>

• Thinking Face
Reactions: MV_1999

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Oof 10+ years more then lol.

Anyway I also wish Tara was in the running somehow.
I don't think that's fair. CS is about to release 0.5 and we've consistently released an update ever 3-3.5 months since the Prologue launched. We deliberately chose a hard limit of 10 total updates so fans aren't being strung along for 10+ years to complete the story, and as such we are halfway there 1.5 years in.

As for the comparatively small number of love interests, keep in mind this was our first game. One of the things Kent and I agreed on out the gate is that DAZ games with a large cast of central love interests tend to become so complex that they end up abandoned as the pathing worklog for the developers becomes unscalable OR the girls usually become necessarily less well-developed and shallow. I'm not saying this is always the case, but baby-steps for a fledgling writer and artist seemed prudent, lest our effort end up on the ever-growing pile of abandoned titles.

Our art style tends to add one render per line of dialogue, and we shoot for a render quality baseline well above the norm. Every image is rendered originally at 4K to 98% convergence and downscaled. Even at 0.5, Chasing Sunsets is approaching the 7000 mark for these renders, and we barely feel like we have enough time to tell the story of the two girls who are central to the plot in the amount of time we have left. This means Kentyrr has averaged 12 unique renders every single day for the last year and a half, assuming zero days off.

As such, no...We do not regret not adding Tara as a central love interest, and we expect similar lobbies to emerge for Lisa and Amanda (aka Peanutbooter) in coming chapters. If this game is ultimately successful and we decide to do another, Tara, Lisa, and others are likely to have their day in the sun.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think that's fair. CS is about to release 0.5 and we've consistently released an update ever 3-3.5 months since the Prologue launched. We deliberately chose a hard limit of 10 total updates so fans aren't being strung along for 10+ years to complete the story, and as such we are halfway there 1.5 years in.

As for the comparatively small number of love interests, keep in mind this was our first game. One of the things Kent and I agreed on out the gate is that DAZ games with a large cast of central love interests tend to become so complex that they end up abandoned as the pathing worklog for the developers becomes unscalable OR the girls usually become necessarily less well-developed and shallow. I'm not saying this is always the case, but baby-steps for a fledgling writer and artist seemed prudent, lest our effort end up on the ever-growing pile of abandoned titles.

Our art style tends to add one render per line of dialogue, and we shoot for a render quality baseline well above the norm. Every image is rendered originally at 4K to 98% convergence and downscaled. Even at 0.5, Chasing Sunsets is approaching the 7000 mark for these renders, and we barely feel like we have enough time to tell the story of the two girls who are central to the plot in the amount of time we have left. This means Kentyrr has averaged 12 unique renders every single day for the last year and a half, assuming zero days off.

As such, no...We do not regret not adding Tara as a central love interest, and we expect similar lobbies to emerge for Lisa and Amanda (aka Peanutbooter) in coming chapters. If this game is ultimately successful and we decide to do another, Tara, Lisa, and others are likely to have their day in the sun.
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

that is inevitable and you don't have to worry about it

even in the games with 10 LIs, there is always someone in love with the girl who danced from behind at the party with a purple shirt ...

however Tara.... :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Casper52

Mar 20, 2021
It's not over yet, "Tara" still in contact with mc. I believe "Tara" will get her chance, but when i don't know. ;)

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021

I'm a firm believer in quality over quantity when it comes to LIs, and you guys have definitely pulled that off well.

4.60 star(s) 307 Votes