4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Well if you go for one and just increase Trust with the other, there shouldn't be any heartbreak happen :p
... I think:
Dunno how sadistic Stoya is going to get ;d

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Yeah also noticed, albeit late :p

I think I'll do another run and separate the paths cleanly.
If I now think of having to break up with one of the two .
I can't do it ...... :cry:
The divergence only happened in v0.4. So if you have a save at the end v0.3, you can just branch out from there.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Strictly speaking I think it should still be possible to "break it off" with one of the girls further down the line, but I'd make a second save since the heartbreak might not be as bad since you're not giving her too much hope :p

And keep it in english ;P
As I've said before, we believe most people play these games to enjoy them. There will be painful paths, but they should be pretty obvious. I know I personally hate it when I'm playing a VN and I've been exploring multiple paths and suddenly one of the characters I've begun to care about is devastated when she finds out about another one.

In general, and as stated in the updated primer, the player should have a *REALLY* good idea when he's making a choice that will blow up in his face. It's common sense, really. If you tell a girl you're exclusive, and then you cheat...She's going to be hurt and upset. If you're testing the waters and haven't put a label on it, you're probably pretty safe.

Remember, Love points are a general measure of affection...It doesn't have to be romantic. Choosing a relationship won't be a case of magically exceeding X number of love points and then being locked in. A high-Love Jaye can still just be your friend, but I believe it's important for there to be ways to close a path without being an asshole as well.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
In general, and as stated in the updated primer, the player should have a *REALLY* good idea when he's making a choice that will blow up in his face. It's common sense, really. If you tell a girl you're exclusive, and then you cheat...She's going to be hurt and upset. If you're testing the waters and haven't put a label on it, you're probably pretty safe. ...................but I believe it's important for there to be ways to close a path without being an asshole as well.
The problem is, I don't know or I can't remember if I already have passed that point of "testing the waters".
I know well that I had a scene with Mallory on the yacht and it would hurt myself to have to hurt her for that reason if I later chose Jaye, or the other way around.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Seems like you have to start all over again with the new release and make new choices so you won't hurt yourself :p

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
I don't believe there have been any "lock in" choices WRT to choosing a LI through Chapter 3, so you should be safe.

Spatenklopper

Jun 4, 2021
I don't have a save from 0,3, only from the end of 0,4.
But hmm... Now that I think about it, we haven't reached this point
If you tell a girl you're exclusive
with Jaye or am I wrong? :unsure:

So for me that would mean that I just have to start a new run for Jaye, in which I don't give Mallory any false hopes.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
As I've said before, we believe most people play these games to enjoy them. There will be painful paths, but they should be pretty obvious. I know I personally hate it when I'm playing a VN and I've been exploring multiple paths and suddenly one of the characters I've begun to care about is devastated when she finds out about another one.

In general, and as stated in the updated primer, the player should have a *REALLY* good idea when he's making a choice that will blow up in his face. It's common sense, really. If you tell a girl you're exclusive, and then you cheat...She's going to be hurt and upset. If you're testing the waters and haven't put a label on it, you're probably pretty safe.

Remember, Love points are a general measure of affection...It doesn't have to be romantic. Choosing a relationship won't be a case of magically exceeding X number of love points and then being locked in. A high-Love Jaye can still just be your friend, but I believe it's important for there to be ways to close a path without being an asshole as well.
That's a good direction to take, gives me reassurance (y)

Reactions: N66688 and MV_1999
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes