4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Don't be. It will get increasingly easy to do. :) At some point you'll just be able to tell her, Mallory, or anyone else to fuck off if you want. That said, we won't be putting a ton of development effort into toxic play or shitty behavior, so...YMMV.
Thank You, appreciate the heads-up. Will pass word along to others still interested in this VN.
Take VERY Good care and Best of Everything to You~

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Don't be. It will get increasingly easy to do. :) At some point you'll just be able to tell her, Mallory, or anyone else to fuck off if you want. That said, we won't be putting a ton of development effort into toxic play or shitty behavior, so...YMMV.
Indeed, I am apparently off it by the end of Chapter 4, though I'm pretty sure that had something to do with crushing her hopes and dreams. But that doesn't exactly help me see the missing content in this chapter, does it?

I'd been doing everything I could to pour cold water on Jaye while still treating her decently, but it seems that wasn't enough. Hence I'm wondering just how far I would have had to push it to jettison her path any earlier. Beyond that, though, I agree with DanThaMan; I would have liked to see the MC and Mallory discuss their own relationship even if Jaye still has the hots for him.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Indeed, I am apparently off it by the end of Chapter 4, though I'm pretty sure that had something to do with crushing her hopes and dreams. But that doesn't exactly help me see the missing content in this chapter, does it?

I'd been doing everything I could to pour cold water on Jaye while still treating her decently, but it seems that wasn't enough. Hence I'm wondering just how far I would have had to push it to jettison her path any earlier. Beyond that, though, I agree with DanThaMan; I would have liked to see the MC and Mallory discuss their own relationship even if Jaye still has the hots for him.
My goal isn't to make a kind rejection an ugly event. Only a very small (but vocal) minority of players play these games to be the asshole, and I have no intention of catering to them. Conversely, I take no pleasure in making somebody feel like shit for making a decision that feels right to them in the moment.

The ugliness will only happen if the player becomes dishonest, two-faced, or manipulative.

The very last achievement for being a piece of shit was tied to the game over in this episode. Incentivizing toxic play isn't fun for me.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
My goal isn't to make a kind rejection an ugly event. Only a very small (but vocal) minority of players play these games to be the asshole, and I have no intention of catering to them. Conversely, I take no pleasure in making somebody feel like shit for making a decision that feels right to them in the moment.

The ugliness will only happen if the player becomes dishonest, two-faced, or manipulative.

The very last achievement for being a piece of shit was tied to the game over in this episode. Incentivizing toxic play isn't fun for me.
I feel like we're generally agreeing; I don't even have a toxic run through, it never interested me. I was just noting that (playing blind) I didn't find a way off Jaye's path prior to Chapter 4 despite looking for opportunities to let her down easy.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
I feel like we're generally agreeing; I don't even have a toxic run through, it never interested me. I was just noting that (playing blind) I didn't find a way off Jaye's path prior to Chapter 4 despite looking for opportunities to let her down easy.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
, you are no longer on her path. You are also not at war.

slick97

Dec 2, 2021

It'll be interesting to see how you guys handle the player developing asshole type behavior moving forward. As of now, it definitely feels like there's an intended path you're pushing the player towards. The story you guys have so far is fantastic, but it does feel a bit limiting that we're not really able to pursue friendly/non-romantic paths with either of the main characters.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I'm leaning against that idea, but haven't ruled it out. If so, it would be ONE chance. We shall see.
I see.

I keep having to delay a more detailed commentary on Chapter 4, but for now I'll say I hope you'll consider adding the chance. I was sad at how abruptly Mallory's path closes; I understand what she was asking, but from my point of view she was still moving way too fast (at least for people who haven't known each other very long). Plus, there's no follow-up on the matter the next day (though admittedly I might not have seen everything thanks to the lunch bug).

The closure of Jaye's path works better as the issue has been brewing a lot longer. But even there I still feel like we shouldn't have to leap straight into bed (literally and figuratively) before we have a chance to talk things over with Jaye. And if the romance is doomed at that point, it still would have been nice if we could at least discuss the matter before walking away.

I'm usually atypical about this sort of thing, but that's how I see it.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
I see.

I keep having to delay a more detailed commentary on Chapter 4, but for now I'll say I hope you'll consider adding the chance. I was sad at how abruptly Mallory's path closes; I understand what she was asking, but from my point of view she was still moving way too fast (at least for people who haven't known each other very long). Plus, there's no follow-up on the matter the next day (though admittedly I might not have seen everything thanks to the lunch bug).

The closure of Jaye's path works better as the issue has been brewing a lot longer. But even there I still feel like we shouldn't have to leap straight into bed (literally and figuratively) before we have a chance to talk things over with Jaye. And if the romance is doomed at that point, it still would have been nice if we could at least discuss the matter before walking away.

I'm usually atypical about this sort of thing, but that's how I see it.
Sending Mallory away doesn't close her path. Sending Mallory away and then refusing to support Amanda's treatment in Ch4 closes her path. You would have another shot with Mallory if you didn't move forward with her in Ch3. but were otherwise supportive of her. Similarly, not following Jaye to the shower after waking up in her room doesn't close her path.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Sending Mallory away doesn't close her path. Sending Mallory away and then refusing to support Amanda's treatment in Ch4 closes her path. You would have another shot with Mallory if you didn't move forward with her in Ch3. but were otherwise supportive of her.
Is there a glitch then? I got the Noncommittal achievement even though I definitely supported Amanda's treatment, so it sure seemed like I managed to close Mallory's path.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Is there a glitch then? I got the Noncommittal achievement even though I definitely supported Amanda's treatment, so it sure seemed like I managed to close Mallory's path.
I tested and confirmed. There is a glitch there. Fortunately, it's an easy fix, and won't force a replay to re-open the Mallory path in Ch5. On the other hand, a few of her scenes play out differently in Ch4 if her path flag is set properly.

Darkness65

Jun 6, 2018
As I've said here before. Not really.
In 49 of the 50 states in the USA sex between ADULT step relations whether step siblings or step parents and step children violates NO law and they can even marry. Period. Other than in Virginia, adults unrelated by BLOOD are free to do as they please.

With regard to step relationships, the incest laws focus on preventing the adult exploitation of minors. So at least in the USA there's NO incest here.
Well, in my country sex between step siblings is incest by law. So I'm OK with the tag :p.

Reactions: UncleFredo
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes