4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Thedude2181

Aug 17, 2019
To everyone asking: I do not know if it is intended, or a bug but as of right now these are the steps required to unlock the 3rd option:

#1 - in Ch2, when throwing the guy off the boat, you *MUST* choose "I got your back, Sis".

#2 - in Ch3, when given two options "Speak for yourself" or "Maybe it doesn't have to be that way" you *MUST* choose "Speak for yourself"

Those 2 options unlock the 3rd one in the overboard scene.

Note: I didn't parse the script quite enough, so I don't know if those required options themselves have requirements, but you must choose both in order to get the 3rd option.

It seems like a weird, contradictory combo of options so like I said, idk if it's a bug or intended, but thats how you unlock it as of right now.
I didn't see the option "speak for yourself" in CH3

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
Chasing Sunsets [v0.5b] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.95 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 812MB: -
Compressed Size Mac: 778MB: -

Chasing Sunsets [v0.5b] Walkthrough & Cheats Mod

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:

Last edited:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
To everyone asking: I do not know if it is intended, or a bug but as of right now these are the steps required to unlock the 3rd option:

#1 - in Ch2, when throwing the guy off the boat, you *MUST* choose "I got your back, Sis".

#2 - in Ch3, when given two options "Speak for yourself" or "Maybe it doesn't have to be that way" you *MUST* choose "Speak for yourself"

Those 2 options unlock the 3rd one in the overboard scene.

Note: I didn't parse the script quite enough, so I don't know if those required options themselves have requirements, but you must choose both in order to get the 3rd option.

It seems like a weird, contradictory combo of options so like I said, idk if it's a bug or intended, but thats how you unlock it as of right now.
if I'm parsing the script right, you also have to choose "We've got each other's back, George (Undermine Jaye)" at the 1st task assigned by George in Chapter.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Chasing Sunsets [v0.5a] [Compressed]

Original Size Win/Linux: 3.95 GB

Compressed Size Win/Linux: 830 MB: - WORKUPLOAD
Compressed Size Mac: 795 MB: - WORKUPLOAD

Chasing Sunsets [v0.5a] Walkthrough & Cheats Mod

Compressing process reduces image/audio/video quality and can break the game, be aware of that.

You can find all of my Walkthrough Mods content here:

Or you can:
Wow you are fast, the compressed bug-fixed 5a release is here before someone leaked the uncompressed 5a here. Cheers!

• Red Heart
Reactions: JokerLeader

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
if I'm parsing the script right, you also have to choose "We've got each other's back, George (Undermine Jaye)" at the 1st task assigned by George in Chapter.
Yeah, there was a...Bit of a fuckup on my part.

The variable adjustment was two lines further down in the code than it should have been, and well...

Anyway, the latest version has removed that unfortunate misstep.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

The variable adjustment was two lines further down in the code than it should have been, and well...

Hey man. If creating high quality code was easy everyone would do it. Your quality is among the best around.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018

As someone who likes to peek under the hood just for giggles, I have to say, your code is one of the hardest to parse for the simple fact you use generic variable names. I imagine it's hard to keep track of it all.

BeingADikDik

Engaged Member
Apr 17, 2021
As someone who likes to peek under the hood just for giggles, I have to say, your code is one of the hardest to parse for the simple fact you use generic variable names. I imagine it's hard to keep track of it all.
At least the file naming convention is meaningful. If I were to put my sloppy coding skills to work, I'd be putting out:

V0.1
V0.1_fixed
V0.1_fixed_fixed
V0.1_fixed_fixed_FINAL
V0.1_fixed_fixed_FINAL_fixed_FINAL

etc.

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
At least the file naming convention is meaningful. If I were to put my sloppy coding skills to work, I'd be putting out:

V0.1
V0.1_fixed
V0.1_fixed_fixed
V0.1_fixed_fixed_FINAL
V0.1_fixed_fixed_FINAL_fixed_FINAL

etc.
I track all of the variables in a separate spreadsheet. :) I didn't want to make it easy for modders when I started. Kinda regretting that now.

JokerLeader

Former Legendary Game Compressor
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Mar 16, 2019
I track all of the variables in a separate spreadsheet. :) I didn't want to make it easy for modders when I started. Kinda regretting that now.
I know the important ones Like the Main girl's trust and love the rest I'm oblivious to it :p

3rop

Sep 6, 2017
Got this error at the end of chapter 1 after stats screen.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/story/chapter2.rpy", line 16, in <module>
NameError: name 'chathist6' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/story/chapter2.rpyc", line 16, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/story/chapter2.rpy", line 16, in <module>
NameError: name 'chathist6' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Chapter 4 0.5
Wed Dec 22 12:30:15 2021

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes