4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Since there is the conversation about Jaye and Mallory - which one will you choose at the end? They both have very good backstories, but personally I will pick Jaye. Her feeling towards MC feels just very natural and believable.
I'm sure many will choose Mallory. She is a well developed, likeable and gorgeous LI. But, for me, the story is all about straightening the twisted relationship between Jaye and the MC. Not to mention she is one of the most beautifully rendered characters ever!
I'm an old man. A decade or so of angst gets lost in the mist of a long life. They're twins in reality if not by blood. A bond that can't be broken, even if they tried. They're both still so young. Plenty of time to sort themselves out. As I've said so many times. Jaye is all I want, all I need, and all I desire. True love baby. So rare and so precious.

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Then just don't play it.

Allthough it's one of the best out here.
As you can see, that is mostly subjective (I love it).
I for example can't bring myself to play Being a DIK, because of the Sandbox, Point & Click, and annoying Mini Games i would had to endure.

If a game is good, always lay in the eye of the boholder. ;)

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
As you can see, that is mostly subjective (I love it).
I for example can't bring myself to play Being a DIK, because of the Sandbox, Point & Click, and annoying Mini Games i would had to endure.

If a game is good, always lay in the eye of the boholder. ;)
I know, everyone has it's own preferences and luckily we won't all be alike ;)
But i just can't stand it when people post it like that. Just delete it then and go on instead of triggering others.
No need for that. You don't like the game, good, you got every right but just don't post something like that. If you want to make your point at least make it constructive.

Same like you don't like Being a Dik. First VN i played and got hung on it. And you at least give a good reason not to live it instead of saying something like... i just fell asleep...
Not going to try to convert you but behind those points is a really good story. :p

Also the reason why i love this game so much. Well written, good characters and the story is playing so damn good. It just sucks you in and for me that is very important for a VN.

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I know, everyone has it's own preferences and luckily we won't all be alike ;)
But i just can't stand it when people post it like that. Just delete it then and go on instead of triggering others.
No need for that. You don't like the game, good, you got every right but just don't post something like that. If you want to make your point at least make it constructive.

Same like you don't like Being a Dik. First VN i played and got hung on it. And you at least give a good reason not to live it instead of saying something like... i just fell asleep...
Not going to try to convert you but behind those points is a really good story. :p

Also the reason why i love this game so much. Well written, good characters and the story is playing so damn good. It just sucks you in and for me that is very important for a VN.
I completly agree with you on that matter. Just think about it in IRL, you're entering a store and announce to everyone in it, that you do not like this store. That would be ridiculous.

I tried BaDIK a few times mate, i totally love that redhead (Sage, i believe) but, the things i mentioned annoy me so much, that i cannot continue playing it. I just have to accept my defeat. :ROFLMAO:

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
I completly agree with you on that matter. Just think about it in IRL, you're entering a store and announce to everyone in it, that you do not like this store. That would be ridiculous.

I tried BaDIK a few times mate, i totally love that redhead (Sage, i believe) but, the things i mentioned annoy me so much, that i cannot continue playing it. I just have to accept my defeat. :ROFLMAO:
Yep, you're talking about Sage. Don't know how far you got but she really is something :LOL:
And i can understand your annoyance. It has a big part of gameplay in Badik and allthough you can skip minigames the sandbox and point and click is still a big part. Most big events are written like that.

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Yep, you're talking about Sage. Don't know how far you got but she really is something :LOL:
And i can understand your annoyance. It has a big part of gameplay in Badik and allthough you can skip minigames the sandbox and point and click is still a big part. Most big events are written like that.
Don't know, i guess i played it end of '20 the last time. Do not remember much from it anymore.

But to get back on Topic:
Mallory or Jaye, i'm in for Jaye. Mallory is a very nice LI, but Jaye is the Endgame! :love:

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Don't know, i guess i played it end of '20 the last time. Do not remember much from it anymore.

Mallory or Jaye, i'm in for Jaye. Mallory is a very nice LI, but Jaye is the Endgame! :love:
Jaye, from the start till now.

True that Mallory is nice and love her eyes but... Jaye just gives me goosebumps.
Even when they were on the wrong foot she got my full attention.
And thats also why this game is so good. StoneFox has it so well written and the scenes are top notch that you can feel her insecurity and doubt. Even her love allthough she won't admitt it right away.

Bombshell scene is 1 for the books. Never saw something made that good. Not graphics (outstanding though) but the way you can change "her"
Just awesome...

drisarter

Jun 12, 2017

Just very briefly on being a dik: I remember someone used to make a mod that let you skip most of the sandbox / point and click scenes. Really cut down the time it would take to navigate them (I mostly used it to make multiple playthroughs less unbearable). Worth seeing if it's still maintained /if/ not having to deal with the point and click components would make a difference.

Reactions: WICKEDp4th

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Just very briefly on being a dik: I remember someone used to make a mod that let you skip most of the sandbox / point and click scenes. Really cut down the time it would take to navigate them (I mostly used it to make multiple playthroughs less unbearable). Worth seeing if it's still maintained /if/ not having to deal with the point and click components would make a difference.
Thank you, i checked that, i guess you mean the SKIP MOD. Last Updated April '21.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Eh, I had no problem leaving my family long ago. A pretty easy bond to break depending on circumstances. I wasn't even contacted about deaths and funerals either. So the whole concept of "family" is weak to me and always has been.

But that's the one thing I have in common with the MC of this game. We both left our families due to internal conflict but the difference is I NEVER went back even after people started dying out and there was no "will" to try in vain to entice me back.
The MC didn't leave because of internal conflict. He left because he was unable to deal with his attraction to his sister, so he resorted to distance. I agree that families relate with various degrees of attachment and some families fragment far more easily than others. As I said, he and Jaye are twins in reality if not blood. Not just members of a family. Twins. Plus they bonded very early.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
Thank you, i checked that, i guess you mean the SKIP MOD. Last Updated April '21.
The dev adds code to detect mods to the game and if found he crashes it. One of the many reasons I avoid it.
Edit:
To avoid confusion this comment is NOT directed at Stone Fox Studios who IMHO produce one of the highest quality VNs in the most professional manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: WICKEDp4th

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
For what it's worth, BaDIK works perfectly for what it is.
But I have to agree, all those mini-games are getting way out of hand. Some sandbox is all nice and dandy, but when you add like 60 minutes of content per update for each sandbox moment, it absolutely becomes a drag when for whatever reason your saves get corrupted or you generally want to start anew because you want to change one single thing in your own "perfect" path.

And for that matter : Jaye ftw :p

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
The dev adds code to detect mods to the game and if found he crashes it. One of the many reasons I avoid it.
That's harsh, don't know why they pull such stunt on their playerbase, but okay.

For me it is pretty simple, i don't like the gameplay, i don't play it. Not every game is made for everyone.

Daemoniac

Feb 17, 2022
I am more into ginger ladies, but now I even have to side with Mallory. She is so nice and do not get any votes here, so I have to step up for her! :D

Reactions: VOYEUR

WICKEDp4th

Donor
Sep 6, 2017
I am more into ginger ladies, but now I even have to side with Mallory. She is so nice and do not get any votes here, so I have to step up for her! :D
Choosing someone because of pity, man idk that feels wrong, don't you think?!

Reactions: karo60
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes