4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018

After some hair loss, occasional dog punting, and several 750ml bottles of Woodford Reserve, I believe we have our music issues resolved and are preparing to move forward with our beta.

There is some supplemental art still being rendered and one animation remains in progress, but we should be able to enter beta by next weekend, and look forward to release the week after that, barring any shockingly dumb continuity errors spotted by the beta team that requires significant new art.

I will be out for four days in sunny Arizona starting tomorrow for a small vacation, but plan to make up for it on the tail end when I return to my development rig on Tuesday.

While I'm out of town, I can continue to work on coding and features to some degree, so it's not really lost time.
In any case, Kent and I are very happy with how things have come together and our latest instalment is looking good to us!
We can't wait to share the latest with all of you soon!
So basically end of may we can expect the update

capii

Dec 9, 2017
Send them any number with a lot of 0s to their bank account and you might not only get a time table you will speed up the development....
I already bought the game on steam..and that dooesn't give me access to patreon posts
My country's currency is not USD, so subscribing to patreon on a monthly basis is too much of a hit in my income so I depend on this forum for up to date info

Reactions: aliy and D3xzalias

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
The dev adds code to detect mods to the game and if found he crashes it. One of the many reasons I avoid it.
That's harsh, don't know why they pull such stunt on their playerbase, but okay.
The reason for this is extremely simple. First, he doesn't just detect random mods and crash things. It very specifically targeted a particular mod (by naming convention), and did so because a lot of people that used the mod would then ask him for technical support when the mod was breaking their game. The developer's job is not to fix a modder's mistake. If a mod lets something "impossible" happen, and that impossible situation breaks the game, the dev is fully right to tell those people to fuck off.

First it merely closed the game down at a specific point. In later versions, it went so far as to outright delete all persistent data, so unlocked scenes and renders were removed. That, to me, speaks of somebody with a very growing frustration at the people who are actively breaking his game and whining about it.

How do I know it works like that? Because I've got my own custom mod script I've been using for the last several episodes and it doesn't trigger anything. And if I break the game as a result of impossible choices later, that's on me. I completely side with the dev in his frustration with such people. It would be like shooting myself in the foot and then trying to blame the people who made the shoes for not being bulletproof.

Anyhow, back on topic-
I agree in that Jaye was always the hook for me and easily endgame. Mallory is very nice and in most cases would be either an acceptable alternative LI or a bonus on a throuple/polyamorous path. At his point, I am confident of her sincerity towards the MC enough to trust her, however, she's more of a friend/friend with benefits to me at this point, no different than Lisa? the other brunette.
Absolutely agreed. Mallory isn't a bad person, but I don't feel that intense draw with her that I do with Jaye. When the two of them showed up on the cliff(?)side and Jaye was wearing that white dress? My gawd. MC should have just taken her to start their honeymoon right then and there, there's no way to top it that I can see.
Is it weird that I can just as easily see her as either a Sith dark lord, or bounty hunter/rogue? She really doesn't come across as a Jedi to me, that's more Mallory imo.
Agreed. As much as I prefer the Sith stylings, though, Jaye strikes me very much as a shoot first kind of woman.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
We probably wouldn't have so much "Problems" with mods if this special option "Mod : See both scenes" wasn't included.
bruteforcing a harem into a non-intended harem game is bound to fuck things up :p

Reactions: memegamerfun

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
I already bought the game on steam..and that dooesn't give me access to patreon posts
My country's currency is not USD, so subscribing to patreon on a monthly basis is too much of a hit in my income so I depend on this forum for up to date info
If you purchased the game on Steam, there should be a link to our Discord on the Steam page. If you notify an admin that you are a Steam purchaser, the admin will grant you access to the Patron-only channels.

You should be able to stay caught up there.

chart995

Dec 10, 2018
I'm normally more of a lurker here, but I felt compelled to thank the devs for this game. The dialogue is amazing, I mean so are the renders but very few games have such a high quality of both. Also, having a reasonable entry level on Patreon is appreciated as it means I can throw money at you, without worrying about it month to month. Cheers! or Boom! Headshot!

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Hello, just to confirm, after chapter 3 it's impossible to have perfect score on both Jaye and Mallorly correct? I'm forced to chose one of them am I right?

It's a crime against humanity forcing us to chose which boobs to see when they go topless though. All boobs are nice, please don't make me chose at least on that specific scene dev.

TittyLuvr1334

Aug 4, 2018
Hello, just to confirm, after chapter 3 it's impossible to have perfect score on both Jaye and Mallorly correct? I'm forced to chose one of them am I right?

It's a crime against humanity forcing us to chose which boobs to see when they go topless though. All boobs are nice, please don't make me chose at least on that specific scene dev.
Wasn't there an option to stare at both? (albeit only gaining 1 pt for each vs 2 points for one or the other).
Regardless, the answer is YES, you cannot have perfect in both by end of that chpt.

Reactions: slick97

aliy

Apr 7, 2022

it's not a harem game so you already know you have to choose one set of boobs from the start lol, but for the first run it's an easy choice for me

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
Wasn't there an option to stare at both? (albeit only gaining 1 pt for each vs 2 points for one or the other).
Regardless, the answer is YES, you cannot have perfect in both by end of that chpt.
I had that idea yes, was just to confirm because on the previous one you could, as long you have the bold achievment if you try both. Anyway thanks for the answer.

it's not a harem game so you already know you have to choose one set of boobs from the start lol, but for the first run it's an easy choice for me
I wasn't expecting a full harem, when the games have a nice story I don't like when the girls feel "like the simply fall" into the MC's hands. However, I was expecting the chance to romance both for a bit more, as long the story made sense.

I love harems yes, although I don't like "easy harems" if you know what I mean. Being an harem for the sake of being harem isn't necessarily a good thing. But if the dots fit it can actually be pretty enjoyable, it really depends on how the story goes.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

Just a sidenote, all renders in game are great, but Jaye is by far one of the most gorgeous characters I've ever seen. Not to mention the game cover doesn't make her justice. And respect to the effort from the dev to actually give her a nice personality, I hate it when characters look great yet their personality is empty.

Last edited:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
However, I was expecting the chance to romance both for a bit more, as long the story made sense.
Mallory has a charming personality backed up by a tragic childhood experience that makes it difficult to avoid a continued romance path with her. Jaye is one of the most well written characters I've come across even compared to full length novels which makes her my primary love interest.

It's a difficult choice to make on who to continue romancing moving forward but I wish we made the choice early on, especially since Jaye seems to be the most popular choice. The way Mallory handles the MC having the hots for his step sister also makes her an absolute trooper since she makes a few comments that hint at her developing strong feelings towards MC. Curse you Stoya for writing such impeccable dialogue and characters!

Reactions: Poser_Voyeur
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes