4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

memegamerfun

Jan 20, 2021
Agreed, the decent into arguing about the realism behind a specific character's personality (especially when it comes to sex) is redundant. The point of a story isn't the realism, but how effective the author is at conveying the story THEY want to tell.

That being said, the character that feels the most nuanced is Mallory. She's technically an LI but it's heavily hinted that she's either a clone of Sarah or somehow managed to break the RNG of the universe during conception (which is a whole different genetics topic). Jaye is the first LI we come across and both her and the MC had years of getting to know each other more in depth. Our first meeting with Mallory starts off rocky as the MC naturally distrusts her because of her background. However she also shows incredible depth and we see early on just how much in common her and the MC have. She's at a severe disadvantage as an LI compared to Jaye, and yet she poses a legitimate challenge to Jaye.

The elephant in the room though has severe implications for a potential love route with Mallory. Would it be classified as incest if she's a genetic clone? The argument could go either way depending on the lens you're looking through. The other challenge that a romance with her poses is what happens if the MC backs out later on? We see how the MC slowly helps her deal with her past as evident by her no longer hearing her father's voice constantly degrading her like we did on her trip to Aspen. An MC that leads her on only to break her heart could have severe implications.

As much as I adore Jaye I truly believe that the most well written character out of the whole story is Mallory (which is contradictory to my initial review of the game after the Ch. 4 release). Her tragic background makes her a sympathetic character, and her empathy makes her an easily likable character. I know Stoya won't share any spoilers here, but I wonder what he has planned for Mallory fans that want to romance her.
If she’s a clone of the mother, I’ll stick with Jaye as my LI and we’ll visit Mallory once a week for family dinner :WeSmart:

1tomadeira

Engaged Member
May 25, 2017
If a guy doesn't release a game for months without comunication (like some people on this thread wink wink), there's a discussion. Deservedly. Although it still doesn't deserve personal attacks by any means.

But if a guy releases a great quality product, people still complain about how the game should be on their mind to be perfect. C'mon guys...

Respect the dev please. Giving feedback is fine, and you should give feedback, jumping into personal attacks isn't.

And yes, dev should (not must) listen to feedback. That doesn't mean he/she should comply to it though. Same for me as a fan of his content.

spainhorse

Apr 29, 2017
If a guy doesn't release a game for months without comunication (like some people on this thread wink wink), there's a discussion. Deservedly. Although it still doesn't deserve personal attacks by any means.

But if a guy releases a great quality product, people still complain about how the game should be on their mind to be perfect. C'mon guys...

Respect the dev please. Giving feedback is fine, and you should give feedback, jumping into personal attacks isn't.

And yes, dev should (not must) listen to feedback. That doesn't mean he/she should comply to it though. Same for me as a fan of his content.
100% this. Especially when most of those people probably don't financially support the dev.

Reactions: SrRK

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I never specified how much time has passed... besides mentally she could stilll have that dick in her...
Still wrong, because sloppy seconds has absolutely nothing to do with how many time she's been with the first guy, nor being dumped, nor the emotional stuff, all of which were in your "definition". It's strictly what Ragnar said - being the next guy in right after the first guy finished.

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Missing 28 achievements because I'm too much of a pussy to be mean to the virtual character :Kappa:
Really, if you can't follow your heart and listen to your conscience what are those achievements worth? It would be like "Darn. I didn't get a trophy for swimming in wet garbage because I couldn't stand the smell. My trophy wall is incomplete."

NateGrey

Aug 21, 2020
wait... she drowns if MC instead of jumping in, calls for help?
No, I believe if you call for help she still gets rescued. But there's also a do-nothing choice like "People get lost in the sea every day" that you can only choose if you have very low points with her.

FunFuntomes

Engaged Member
Mar 24, 2021
No, I believe if you call for help she still gets rescued. But there's also a do-nothing choice like "People get lost in the sea every day" that you can only choose if you have very low points with her.
that's why I never saw the choice, I think I only missed 1 point with Jaye for looking at both.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
Imagine the emotional turmoil we beta testers had to go through when we had to play through that drowning scene.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes