4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Anyone else getting an error that says....

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/story/chapter4.rpy", line 1956, in script
$ unlock_scene_item(7)
File "game/scripts/story/chapter4.rpy", line 1956, in <module>
$ unlock_scene_item(7)
File "game/scripts/features/scenegallery/scenelist.rpy", line 3, in unlock_scene_item
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'unlock'
Persistence issue. You can clear persistence on the Settings > Help > Clear Persistence button, at the cost of losing your scene/achievement unlocks.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
something really strange happened to me:

I hado a save at the end of chapter three, in the screen with the face of the two LIs and their score, but if I load it it takes me to the end of chapter five....

minor problem eh, but really a strange thing

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
something really strange happened to me:

I hado a save at the end of chapter three, in the screen with the face of the two LIs and their score, but if I load it it takes me to the end of chapter five....

minor problem eh, but really a strange thing
If you still have the old version, play the save and roll back just before the LI screen and save again, should fix it.

I had a similar problem with The Visit and that was one way to work around it.

Pennel

Jun 4, 2017
I'm just confused, why did the animations make the characters look low quality?
Animations take a lot of time to render, so I'd assume he lowered the settings while rendering to get them made faster. One high quality image can take hours to render and if you're making 24 fps animations, that will quickly add up. It's a question of having higher quality animations, or a faster complete time.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Stone Fox Studios, have you considered allowing Save descriptions? It would make my life a little easier when I'm playing your excellent game.
got general renpy code for that, works in majority of games, unless devs mess around there too much , which so far were only few games for me

save_name = u'' ('name' and save again) keep in mind named save stick with you to remove it write initial code without name, or do double save before you name it

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
got general renpy code for that, works in majority of games, unless devs mess around there too much , which so far were only few games for me

save_name = u'' ('name' and save again) keep in mind named save stick with you to remove it write initial code without name, or do double save before you name it
Interesting, I can try it.

But, just for my curiosity, where is save_name defined. I expected to find it in gui.rpy, but it's not there.

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
you use that in ingame console
https://f95zone.to/threads/unren-v-0-11v3-unren-v-0-12v3-unren-v-0-13-v2-unren-windowed.92717/
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and it works in most of renpy games, unless devs mess around toomuch with save gui
Yeah, yeah, I know all about UnRen and how to use the Console. But a variable needs to be defined somewhere. I want to know how this works. I also assume there is some practical limitation to length, and placement. All of these things might need to be modified to use properly, lest my description gets lost or covers up something that I don't want it to.

Sorry to bother you, since you have been very helpful. Just ignore me if you'd like.

EDIT: I guess what concerns me is that I have seen developers apply save descriptions poorly. I would like to avoid their errors if possible.

Reactions: micmitja

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
Yeah, yeah, I know all about UnRen and how to use the Console. But a variable needs to be defined somewhere. I want to know how this works. I also assume there is some practical limitation to length, and placement. All of these things might need to be modified to use properly, lest my description gets lost or covers up something that I don't want it to.

Sorry to bother you, since you have been very helpful. Just ignore me if you'd like.
yeah no worry, no bother
sure i guess you could write mod just for that, many modders add option to name saves, but if its not, its already in genral renpy code, now if it shows or not all depend on how much devs to chance to save gui, but myself havent looked further than console editing so cant help you more than that.

also have download latest version pc unpacked clean without any mod, game already got named save option for me, thought that was mod related thinking.png
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

Deleted member 2808342

Cliffhanger Vendor
Game Developer
Sep 4, 2020
Stone Fox Studios, have you considered allowing Save descriptions? It would make my life a little easier when I'm playing your excellent game.
Sorry, long day at work, and I assume I'm missing something. Like this, or something different? You currently should be able to save with an individual file description as well as change the name of the save page by clicking on the number.

Screenshot 2022-06-01 150736.jpg

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Sometimes when the coding is this good and the options are made with such taste like in this game,
where naming a save is this easy to do from the very menu a save goes through anyway,
such good coding visually is easily overlooked by the avid gamer with little interest in details
of the GUI of all things.
Sorry, long day at work, and I assume I'm missing something. Like this, or something different? You currently should be able to save with an individual file description as well as change the name of the save page by clicking on the number.

View attachment 1844561
That looks so cool it unceremoniously gets overlooked in a game with such a great visual frame.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017

View attachment 1844561
I suspect you were not the one I should have asked the question of. I am using JokerLeader's mod and that option doesn't show up there, at least in my executable. I will use the workaround suggested by micmitja until I can get this straightened out.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Thank you for responding.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes