4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
That is the only little "plot hole" I have seen so far

MC child tells his father everything and he lets his children grow further and further apart from each other, surely he doesn't want them to have sex :oops::oops::oops::oops:, but at that moment they are just two children who are fighting over a misunderstanding

I don't know if there will be a consolation ending, but I think low points of trust with both of them are portents of game over, at low points of love on the other hand I think you survive
James probably didn't want them to end up together, due to reasons. But now, MC and Jaye aren't related to each other, so that barrier is off. Next update probably will be a Jaye one, so we might get more details on the storyline.

I kept Mallory's points to something like 10 or something like that (didn't give her full access and etc.), and I didn't get a game over (so far).

D3xzalias

Aug 1, 2018
They sure are improving. Some goofy expressions dont feel quite right, but the lewd ones are very good, I especially love the work on here...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

... its like banging without really banging :Kappa:not everything is perfect but I'd say they are on their way, and its their first project AFAIK, so its quite an impressive level already
If you want a tip press H when taking screenshots it removes the textbox and UI

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
I don't understand how anyone can blame Jaye, when it's the PC who preferred to run away instead of talk on multiple occasions. Even if he thinks he's protecting Jaye, because pseudo incest is yikes, it wasn't only Jaye he ran away from. He saw his parents once before they died and that's supposed to make everything OK again?

"Oh no, looks like Jaye is getting bullied because of me. Let's run away!"
"Hmm, Jaye seems conflicted because of my behaviour towards her. Let's run away!"
"Silly me forgot about blocking my number on her phone, so we missed each other at the funeral of our parents(!!!!). Better run away!"

I don't even see how the rivalry path with Jaye makes sense, because the paths only split after it's established that the PC is running away from his feelings towards Jaye. Can't really antagonize her for that.
To top it all of there's this conversation with Tara:
This is at a point in the story, where he's still creeped out by his feelings for Jaye. He wasted away the last years of his parent's life, but a few short texts make him reconsider that there might have been a better solution...

Reactions: ename144

PreachyLocust

Apr 20, 2021
I don't understand how anyone can blame Jaye, when it's the PC who preferred to run away instead of talk on multiple occasions. Even if he thinks he's protecting Jaye, because pseudo incest is yikes, it wasn't only Jaye he ran away from. He saw his parents once before they died and that's supposed to make everything OK again?
Don't bother. There are really dim people here. A good portion of them barely even reads the text and just catches some sentences out of context. There is no fault whatsoever from Jaye . You don't have to take my word for it, the MC himself says so himself multiple times. He's the real fuck up. He's the real coward. He's the one who wasn't mature enough to have a real conversation. He's the one who couldn't come to terms with what he was feeling. He was the one who ran. Jaye has never been anything but loyal. There is no debate to be had here.

I love Mallory. Absolutely love her chemistry with the MC and the dialogue is pure gold. The bickering is fun and wholesome. But even then I can't pursue anyone other than Jaye.

EDIT: There is no incest. None whatsoever. That is a mute point. When there is 0 blood relation between 2 individuals that subject shouldn't even be brought up. They were raised together but they were never actual siblings.

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

"Oh no, looks like Jaye is getting bullied because of me. Let's run away!"
"Hmm, Jaye seems conflicted because of my behaviour towards her. Let's run away!"
"Silly me forgot about blocking my number on her phone, so we missed each other at the funeral of our parents(!!!!). Better run away!"

I don't even see how the rivalry path with Jaye makes sense, because the paths only split after it's established that the PC is running away from his feelings towards Jaye. Can't really antagonize her for that.
To top it all of there's this conversation with Tara:
This is at a point in the story, where he's still creeped out by his feelings for Jaye. He wasted away the last years of his parent's life, but a few short texts make him reconsider that there might have been a better solution...
He's 18 years old dealing with emotions and drives for which he is utterly unprepared. From whom is he supposed to seek guidance? His parents? Mom dad I think I'm deeply in love with Jaye and want to explore the possibilities of an intimate relationship and since we're not blood if it works out maybe marriage. -- Yeah that's a real winner.

So he runs. Or he makes space. Your call depending on how much grace you grant him. Of course he had other options, but holding him to the standard of picking the singular best one seems pretty harsh and a bit unrealistic.
Don't bother. There are really dim people here. A good portion of them barely even reads the text and just catches some sentences out of context. There is no fault whatsoever from Jaye . You don't have to take my word for it, the MC himself says so himself multiple times. He's the real fuck up. He's the real coward. He's the one who wasn't mature enough to have a real conversation. He's the one who couldn't come to terms with what he was feeling. He was the one who ran. Jaye has never been anything but loyal. There is no debate to be had here.

I love Mallory. Absolutely love her chemistry with the MC and the dialogue is pure gold. The bickering is fun and wholesome. But even then I can't pursue anyone other than Jaye.

EDIT: There is no incest. None whatsoever. That is a mute point. When there is 0 blood relation between 2 individuals that subject shouldn't even be brought up. They were raised together but they were never actual siblings.
You are of course correct that there is no blood incest. However, how did it feel to them? They thought and still think of themselves as brother and sister. Not to mention, regardless of blood they grew up as twins. Joined at the hip from 8 year old on. Even as their lack of communication grated on them and made things difficult they each were still there for each other. Maybe not in the best way. Maybe grudgingly. Hell maybe resentfully. But there none the less. Until one of them wasn't, and the shit hit the fan.

Pretty clear it felt like incest to them. Certainly for the MC.

I agree about Jaye. Mallory is a fine woman, but as I have said so many times here, Jaye is all I want and all I need.

Joop501

Mar 19, 2021
He's 18 years old dealing with emotions and drives for which he is utterly unprepared. From whom is he supposed to seek guidance? His parents? Mom dad I think I'm deeply in love with Jaye and want to explore the possibilities of an intimate relationship and since we're not blood if it works out maybe marriage. -- Yeah that's a real winner.

So he runs. Or he makes space. Your call depending on how much grace you grant him. Of course he had other options, but holding him to the standard of picking the singular best one seems pretty harsh and a bit unrealistic.

You are of course correct that there is no blood incest. However, how did it feel to them? They thought and still think of themselves as brother and sister. Not to mention, regardless of blood they grew up as twins. Joined at the hip from 8 year old on. Even as their lack of communication grated on them and made things difficult they each were still there for each other. Maybe not in the best way. Maybe grudgingly. Hell maybe resentfully. But there none the less. Until one of them wasn't, and the shit hit the fan.

I agree about Jaye. Mallory is a fine woman, but as I have said so many times here, Jaye is all I want and all I need.
It's a shame it's 1 broken story

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Even those of us who love Jaye know that she's got the devil in her. Maybe that's why we do. She's done plenty wrong, had plenty of wrong done to her, and loves a man that she doesn't understand. It is her flaws and her fuck ups that make her an interesting character and the attempts at explanation and exoneration only tend to lessen her. Just let Jaye be Jaye. Her past isn't nearly as interesting as her future.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020

actually reading the post rescue dialogue Jaye admits that MC got it right, and that if they had dealt with it at that time, at that age, after all those misunderstandings it would have ended badly

and even in the present, 6 years later, they are still going about it with cold feet

Klopdwerg

Sep 7, 2021
Okay maybe let's not call it justice, but a lesson. Tony Soprano taught people lesson all the time, look this time you'll take a beating, if you try that shit again I'll kill you.

IMO it's because Christian ends up being the representative of that company that tries to sue them (not Prizer, but the other one with the three names). She's mad at herself that she let this guy get so close to her (and she helped him in the past) and now he tries to wreck the company her parents worked so hard for.

Christian also realizes his mistake though. Jaye did help him and he ends up defending Sarah (even referring to her as Dr. Campbell) against those two shady lawyers and threatening them. So he has a redemption arc after all, but it's still not complete IMO.
That part where Christian is defending Sarah will have a huge part of the story.
Christian will stay "loyal" to Sarah for yet to be disclosed reasons. I think it has something to do with Sarah trying to help him when he worked for them.
In the dev log(s) we saw Sarah standing in front of a door. Bet she is looking for Christian and wants to help him with him getting bruised up every time. Christian will take that into account and will not betray Sarah. Looked like he allready tried to warn the MC last chapter.

Ariostebaldo

Sep 17, 2020

In my opinion I don't think it would feel as incest to them.

Considering they're not even blood related to begin with, a romantic feeling between them nullify any possibility of they seeing each other as siblings. They could feel pressured for the fact that they're parents were married, but nothing more.

If it was a real life situation Alex, the MC, would never think: I'm in love with Jaye and she's my sister, oh no!...
At most, he would think: I'm in love with Jaye, if only our parents aren't married...

As much as he loves and cares for her, he would never see Jaye as sister, because she simply ain't his sister.
So no guilty feelings from him, only a mishap that was always beyond his control.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That part where Christian is defending Sarah will have a huge part of the story.
Christian will stay "loyal" to Sarah for yet to be disclosed reasons. I think it has something to do with Sarah trying to help him when he worked for them.
In the dev log(s) we saw Sarah standing in front of a door. Bet she is looking for Christian and wants to help him with him getting bruised up every time. Christian will take that into account and will not betray Sarah. Looked like he allready tried to warn the MC last chapter.
Seriously, who the fuck is Sarah? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

There are 2 chicks ONLY in this game: Jaye and Mallory. The rest are vegetables.

I renamed them: Potato number 1, Sweet Potato number 2, Aubergine 1, Green Tomato number 3, Red Onion, Carrot stick 1, Big Celery stick, White Radish number 1 and so on.

Therefore, are you talking about White Radish number 1 and Christian-who-gives-a-damn-about-his-issues-I-wanna-gut-him-anyway dude?

--------

A personal message to the Authors: stop introducing new female characters flirting with MC. WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THEM.

There are too many characters in this story already. Stick with Jaye and Mallory.

CHAD-MAN

Aug 12, 2017
There is no incest. None whatsoever. That is a mute point. When there is 0 blood relation between 2 individuals that subject shouldn't even be brought up. They were raised together but they were never actual siblings.
As far as we know, for now :Kappa:I am still waiting for the reveal that all in this universe are Sarah Campbell clones

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Inb4 Stone Fox Studios gives us the ending in which if we choose Mallory, Christian ends up marrying Jaye with Tara as their side piece. :Kappa:

Seriously, who the fuck is Sarah? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

There are 2 chicks ONLY in this game: Jaye and Mallory. The rest are vegetables.

I renamed them: Potato number 1, Sweet Potato number 2, Aubergine 1, Green Tomato number 3, Red Onion, Carrot stick 1, Big Celery stick, White Radish number 1 and so on.

Therefore, are you talking about White Radish number 1 and Christian-who-gives-a-damn-about-his-issues-I-wanna-gut-him-anyway dude?

--------

A personal message to the Authors: stop introducing new female characters flirting with MC. WE DON'T GIVE A FUCK ABOUT THEM.

There are too many characters in this story already. Stick with Jaye and Mallory.
Sarah is MC's mom though. I don't have a problem with them introducing new characters as long as they aren't something like, introduced in Chapter 12, some woman that Prizer apparently shits themselves out of fear of.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
In my opinion I don't think it would feel as incest to them.

Considering they're not even blood related to begin with, a romantic feeling between them nullify any possibility of they seeing each other as siblings. They could feel pressured for the fact that they're parents were married, but nothing more.

If it was a real life situation Alex, the MC, would never think: I'm in love with Jaye and she's my sister, oh no!...
At most, he would think: I'm in love with Jaye, if only our parents aren't married...

As much as he loves and cares for her, he would never see Jaye as sister, because she simply ain't his sister.
So no guilty feelings from him, only a mishap that was always beyond his control.
It's a question of morality, more than it being incest though.

They aren't blood related, so it's not something to worry about. Problems may arise from the fact that their parents were married and what would people think, but since the parents are deceased, that barrier is down. Besides in the flashbacks it's revealed they saw each other more than siblings anyway.

Now when I think about it, on my old job I did have a colleague that ended up marrying his stepsister. Their parents were strictly against it at the time, but came around because neither was backing down from it. When I met them they've been together for like 15 years and married for like 10. So it's not like it's entirely out of reach.

Same thing with Bella in BaDIK though, people say that the age gap is too big and that she is his teacher, but the fucking president of France ended up marrying his high school teacher. So that's a proof that it's not an impossible thing.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Sarah is MC's mom though. I don't have a problem with them introducing new characters as long as they aren't something like, introduced in Chapter 12, some woman that Prizer apparently shits themselves out of fear of.
Man, there are too many characters already.

You gotta do something with them and their subplot stories must lead somewhere. Unless the Authors are planning to make Chasing Sunsets an endless saga with dozens and dozens of chapters, they've already lost the grip.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Man, there are too many characters already.

You gotta do something with them and their subplot stories must lead somewhere. Unless the Authors are planning to make Chasing Sunsets an endless saga with dozens and dozens of chapters, they've already lost the grip.
Too many characters compared to what? Being a DIK has so many characters that sometimes people mix them up. Sunshine Love is so mixed up with characters that I can't even remember who was who at that game. University of Problems has like 7 LI's and bunch of side girls and all of them use the same model, so it's a massive headache.

I think the devs did a great job defining all the characters and giving them unique models and personalities. But you know, everyone has their own opinion.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Too many characters compared to what? Being a DIK has so many characters that sometimes people mix them up. Sunshine Love is so mixed up with characters that I can't even remember who was who at that game. University of Problems has like 7 LI's and bunch of side girls and all of them use the same model, so it's a massive headache.

I think the devs did a great job defining all the characters and giving them unique models and personalities. But you know, everyone has their own opinion.
The story has too many characters compared to itself.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: LizaS
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes