4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Irredeemable little pricks like Christian do not deserve "redemption arcs". IMHO
Huh you really do hate him that much? I would have agreed with you if not for the changes in Christian we seem to see.

His redemption is now irreversible, practically from the moment he was thrown into the sea everything about him that we have seen and heard has been in his favour.

MC will surely have to apologise to him (if only for not listening to him when he wanted to help them in the last chapter)

These days a bad gay man is not to be seen
I was pleasantly surprised at that. On the boat I had Alex back Jaye up and for her to go nuts. I felt that since Alex had already sucker punched him once (thats what I picked as a reasonable choice as an angry teenager Alex) that an adult Alex wouldnt be physical again. Especially with how much he seemed to have learned about controlled violence by his dead military teacher. So Christian changing and being a better person on his own time with the help of the late Sarah is fitting to me.

Reactions: felicemastronzo

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Huh you really do hate him that much? I would have agreed with you if not for the changes in Christian we seem to see.

I was pleasantly surprised at that. On the boat I had Alex back Jaye up and for her to go nuts. I felt that since Alex had already sucker punched him once (thats what I picked as a reasonable choice as an angry teenager Alex) that an adult Alex wouldnt be physical again. Especially with how much he seemed to have learned about controlled violence by his dead military teacher. So Christian changing and being a better person on his own time with the help of the late Sarah is fitting to me.
In my opinion, the scene on the boat loses some sense. Mc thinks he's looking at his sister's attempting rapist, but that's not really the case and he's the only one who doesn't know.
But at the same time it better explains Jaye's 'relaxed' attitude at the graduation party
On Christian let's see what the story will have in store for now he has always been used as a means to make things happen

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BigBlueDude

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Though it's hard to believe a megacorporation like Prizer would make such a dumb mistake. I realize that it was done to show that our opponents were very dangerous and violent and to show us the danger that we stand against, but from a storyline standpoint, especially when Prizer are facing a case in court, bringing yourself attention this big is incomprehensible.

That's why I made The Commission comparison. Even the bosses of families that were on it were reluctant on ordering hits on judges, district attorneys and etc. due to the attention it would bring. It's way better for business if everything is done from the shadows and no one knows about it.

Though, the Prizer boss is depicted as an unrealistically evil person i.e a Bond villain, to such a degree that you just know that no one can be that bad in real life. So the next episode will certainly be interesting in terms of what will be Prizer's next move. I really doubt that they'll directly put finger on MC and Jaye (or even their allies), that's an even dumber move that the murder in the epilogue, especially when the person you're harming is facing you in a case in court, so you practically guarantee yourself a loss of the case and practically get slapped with charges on the crimes that you committed.
If we're lucky, the assassin plot will lie in the background for an episode or two. We'll get a few reminders to build up tension (a quick cut of him in transit, seeing him in the background for a moment, that sort of thing), without doing anything overt. Then we'll get whatever crisis he instigates, our heroes will overcome it, and we'll proceed to the endgame. (Obviously I'm assuming our devs won't pulling an Acting Lessons and kill off one of the main characters for the sake of drama.)

If we're unlucky Prizer will claim the evidence against them can't be corroborated now that the wife is dead and thus the injunction against Polygene will be enforced. The injunction was already a serious stretch, but this would make Lisa and George look incompetent; you don't get to run a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company without knowing how to play politics and throw your weight around, yet somehow they're entirely reliant on Mallory's budget-stretch employer for their defense. The less we rely on that plot point the better.

I'm not overly fond of the Bond-villain antics interrupting the story, but they seem like the lesser evil here (as long as the assassin's crisis doesn't last too long).

Irredeemable little pricks like Christian do not deserve "redemption arcs". IMHO
On the contrary, he's precisely the sort who needs it. Redemption serves no purpose for people who never sinned in the first place.

I just hope Christian's "redemption" comes from genuinely regretting his actions and seeking to make amends rather than giving him a really sad backstory and hoping we'll forget about what actually happened. Being redeemed doesn't magically make everything alright, it means acknowledging that real harm was done and needs to be addressed.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
If we're lucky, the assassin plot will lie in the background for an episode or two. We'll get a few reminders to build up tension (a quick cut of him in transit, seeing him in the background for a moment, that sort of thing), without doing anything overt. Then we'll get whatever crisis he instigates, our heroes will overcome it, and we'll proceed to the endgame. (Obviously I'm assuming our devs won't pulling an Acting Lessons and kill off one of the main characters for the sake of drama.)

If we're unlucky Prizer will claim the evidence against them can't be corroborated now that the wife is dead and thus the injunction against Polygene will be enforced. The injunction was already a serious stretch, but this would make Lisa and George look incompetent; you don't get to run a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company without knowing how to play politics and throw your weight around, yet somehow they're entirely reliant on Mallory's budget-stretch employer for their defense. The less we rely on that plot point the better.

I'm not overly fond of the Bond-villain antics interrupting the story, but they seem like the lesser evil here (as long as the assassin's crisis doesn't last too long).

On the contrary, he's precisely the sort who needs it. Redemption serves no purpose for people who never sinned in the first place.

I just hope Christian's "redemption" comes from genuinely regretting his actions and seeking to make amends rather than giving him a really sad backstory and hoping we'll forget about what actually happened. Being redeemed doesn't magically make everything alright, it means acknowledging that real harm was done and needs to be addressed.
I really hope they don't make Lisa and George look incompetent and some sort of pushovers for the sake of showing off Mallory's intelligence and capability and bringing her forward. It will be severely backtrack what was already set in stone in the story - when those three guys were talking in the beginning (the ones that Christian told off to refer to Sarah as Dr. Campbell), they already said to not underestimate Lisa as she's not someone that should be taken lightly (or something along those lines).

Besides you don't become the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company by being incompetent or by some sort of chance. People on those positions usually possess skills that are far more advanced than those of regular employees. For example the CEO of the company that I worked in was an incredibly intimidating person and he really understood the job, like we'd talk about projects and how we should proceed and he already knew problems that we probably will run into and what should we do if that happened.

That being said, I don't think Prizer will hang around and IMO they'll strike when the iron is still hot. I don't think they'll try something in the next chapter, but we might see the assassin showing up probably at the end of the chapter or the epilogue. I think chapter 7 will be the one they'll do something and we'll have to deal with it in chapter 8.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: felicemastronzo

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Goddamn, I REALLY hope you are wrong!
I recommend you either abandon hope or brace yourself for disappointment. But the way his arc is trending, redemption is just about as written in stone as it can get, just shy of getting official confirmation from Kentyrr or Stoya. Anybody that pays a smidget more attention to the game beyond straight up fapping could see that.

Reactions: Lostanddamned

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I recommend you either abandon hope or brace yourself for disappointment. But the way his arc is trending, redemption is just about as written in stone as it can get, just shy of getting official confirmation from Kentyrr or Stoya. Anybody that pays a smidget more attention to the game beyond straight up fapping could see that.
I'm sure you are "in the know" more than I, but, when I let Jaye punch him, and tossed him overboard along with a life preserver I was proud. I was proud to be part of an interactive story where the MC had a spine. I was happy that it seemed to be a cathartic moment for the MC and Jaye. I wasn't busy "fapping" as you infer. I don't feel the worm (Christian) has done anything redeeming and I do feel the life preserver was all the redemption he deserved. I hope the writers give the choice to ignore him should it come to it. No matter the direction the tale may take I, personally, would feel that, IRL, a person like him is insincere and two-faced no matter what they may say. This story is one of the top 5 currently in progress IMO. But, having a choice forced by the writer regarding this fool will end the story for me. Just sayin'.

Hollerboller

Jun 16, 2022
I'm sure you are "in the know" more than I, but, when I let Jaye punch him, and tossed him overboard along with a life preserver I was proud. I was proud to be part of an interactive story where the MC had a spine. I was happy that it seemed to be a cathartic moment for the MC and Jaye. I wasn't busy "fapping" as you infer. I don't feel the worm (Christian) has done anything redeeming and I do feel the life preserver was all the redemption he deserved. I hope the writers give the choice to ignore him should it come to it. No matter the direction the tale may take I, personally, would feel that, IRL, a person like him is insincere and two-faced no matter what they may say. This story is one of the top 5 currently in progress IMO. But, having a choice forced by the writer regarding this fool will end the story for me. Just sayin'.
Agree 100%. He is a snake and always will be a snake. If i am forced to forgive this useless dumbass, it's a game over for me.

Reactions: qaywsx and motseer

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
Thats such a good and succinct way to say it. I really really liked that.

And i agree with the rest as well that its through kindness he is choosing kindness himself would be the best, then again this is not the story about Christian so it might be more surface than deep that he changed.

Christian being physically abused by a parent I hope is there to get more people onboard. Him being young and confused and "only" mentally scared might not be enough for enough people to be onboard with his change. Plus its visual, obvious to do in a visual medium. As outsiders its simple to ignore the internals of a character. "Beat the boy like a dog and he becomes a biter" is an easy cause and effect, people swallow and sympathize with that shit all day every day. On the other hand see someone who outwardly seems fine but inwards is in a worse shape snap and do fucked up things are scum.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Thats such a good and succinct way to say it. I really really liked that.

And i agree with the rest as well that its through kindness he is choosing kindness himself would be the best, then again this is not the story about Christian so it might be more surface than deep that he changed.

Christian being physically abused by a parent I hope is there to get more people onboard. Him being young and confused and "only" mentally scared might not be enough for enough people to be onboard with his change. Plus its visual, obvious to do in a visual medium. As outsiders its simple to ignore the internals of a character. "Beat the boy like a dog and he becomes a biter" is an easy cause and effect, people swallow and sympathize with that shit all day every day. On the other hand see someone who outwardly seems fine but inwards is in a worse shape snap and do fucked up things are scum.
I think we actually agree about many things and might be more alike than this discussion reflects but, we definitely don't see this character in the same light. A good friend and mentor once told me,"I ask God for forgiveness every day but, I seldom repent." I truly don't see any redemptive action by this character... at least not yet. I do understand about turning the other cheek. Unfortunately, life will teach you that (most of the time) it only gets you smacked again. I don't think anyone is born evil and I do think we are all products of experience...to a point. Those that begin to change the internal dialogue themselves make change a possibility... It's still not a good enough excuse for the kind of behaviors demonstrated by this character. Making amends is not the same as saying, "So sorry." First time I throw you a life preserver. Second time we see how good you swim.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BigBlueDude

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I think we actually agree about many things and might be more alike than this discussion reflects but, we definitely don't see this character in the same light. A good friend and mentor once told me,"I ask God for forgiveness every day but, I seldom repent." I truly don't see any redemptive action by this character... at least not yet. I do understand about turning the other cheek. Unfortunately, life will teach you that (most of the time) it only gets you smacked again. I don't think anyone is born evil and I do think we are all products of experience...to a point. Those that begin to change the internal dialogue themselves make change a possibility... It's still not a good enough excuse for the kind of behaviors demonstrated by this character. Making amends is not the same as saying, "So sorry." First time I throw you a life preserver. Second time we see how good you swim.
I understand that Jaye is untouchable, but Christian in the end has only one single fault, that attack that was doomed to failure, the major consequence of which was to create a rift between mc and Jaye.

What else would he have done? He got himself hired perhaps to spy but in the end refused to do so. He delivered an injunction, which is normal business and for that he was beaten and thrown into the sea

He defended Sara without having anything to gain from it and tried to warn mc.

Doesn't sound like the new Joker to me

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Problem tho ... the guy is shown as being the molestor even years after the incident.
The way his family handles his rapey ways is disgusting on the best of occasions.
Not to mention still being closetted and still demonstrating hateful tendencies towards girls.
I understand that Jaye is untouchable, but Christian in the end has only one single fault, that attack that was doomed to failure, the major consequence of which was to create a rift between mc and Jaye.

What else would he have done? He got himself hired perhaps to spy but in the end refused to do so. He delivered an injunction, which is normal business and for that he was beaten and thrown into the sea

He defended Sara without having anything to gain from it and tried to warn mc.

Doesn't sound like the new Joker to me
All 3 of the characters involved in the attempted rape have unresolved issues,
regardless of what other interests or bigger fish they wanna fry than their old squabble.
Original sin is original for a reason.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes