4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I understand that Jaye is untouchable, but Christian in the end has only one single fault, that attack that was doomed to failure, the major consequence of which was to create a rift between mc and Jaye.

What else would he have done? He got himself hired perhaps to spy but in the end refused to do so. He delivered an injunction, which is normal business and for that he was beaten and thrown into the sea

He defended Sara without having anything to gain from it and tried to warn mc.

Doesn't sound like the new Joker to me
Your perception of the single flaw and it's major consequence and mine are... not the same. I guess, for my part, I'll just have to agree to disagree.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Your perception of the single flaw and it's major consequence and mine are... not the same. I guess, for my part, I'll just have to agree to disagree.
On the attempted rape you must not believe me but Jaye. What faults have I forgotten?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
On the attempted rape you must not believe me but Jaye. What faults have I forgotten?
I don't think you have forgotten anything. Your retention is flawless. It's just that our interpretation of events is different. Whether he was "successful" or not does not matter to me. I perceive Christian as a rapist and my sister as his "victim". As far as I am concerned he is lucky that does not come with a death sentence. It definitely comes with a stay the hell away or I will kick your ass sentence.

Reactions: Razrback16

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I don't think you have forgotten anything. Your retention is flawless. It's just that our interpretation of events is different. Whether he was "successful" or not does not matter to me. I perceive Christian as a rapist and my sister as his "victim". As far as I am concerned he is lucky that does not come with a death sentence. It definitely comes with a stay the hell away or I will kick your ass sentence.
But look, we were all convinced and had no doubts about it, like you

But Jaye's version of what happened necessarily changes the judgement.

And in fact the intention to change Christian's characterisation starts right after the plunge into the sea (or from the flashback with his uncle anyway, I can't remember now if that was before or after, which almost painted him as a serial rapist)

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Yes, I understand you. This is why I said I will just agree to disagree. Jaye's version changes nothing for me and in no way mitigates Christian's behavior, both then and subsequent. 'For me' being the operative phrase; although I think at least a few others agree with me. I'll just refer you to Canto Forte's post rather than rehashing events of the story. You want to see him reformed and redeemed. I don't like him and don't give a shit about him and want him to go the fuck away. We just see it differently, mate.

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
But look, we were all convinced and had no doubts about it, like you

And in fact the intention to change Christian's characterisation starts right after the plunge into the sea (or from the flashback with his uncle anyway, I can't remember now if that was before or after, which almost painted him as a serial rapist)
That's the part which people seem to can't separate - MC doesn't see everything we do. And MC doesn't realize that Christian wasn't the rapist cunt he thought he was until after Jaye tells him.

There's also the biblical side of his name and therefore, a natural connection that can be made with the word redemption, as it is something mentioned in the Old and New Testament. Also it seems to me that some people do not understand the concept of redemption itself. To redeem yourself is not like to become someone else, it's not even related to what you are as a person. The need for redemption means that you did something that caused the need for it to appear first.

In the scenes that he appears, Christian does seem to show genuine regret of his actions and is actively trying to right the wrongs he did. MC and Jaye don't trust him, with their valid reasons, so we'll see how that storyline works out.

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Yes, I understand you. This is why I said I will just agree to disagree. Jaye's version changes nothing for me and in no way mitigates Christian's behavior, both then and subsequent. 'For me' being the operative phrase; although I think at least a few others agree with me. I'll just refer you to Canto Forte's post rather than rehashing events of the story. You want to see him reformed and redeemed. I don't like him and don't give a shit about him and want him to go the fuck away. We just see it differently, mate.
No sorry, I don't care about Christian, if he had died at sea I wouldn't have been upset at all.

But it seems to me that this is the direction the story is taking, in a way also quite unexpected for me

I only care about Tara.... :(

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
I will concede this much... Any story that can spark this much debate about a character or concept or both, is a damn good story. hehe
I always said it - Chasing Sunsets is probably a top 2 game in terms of storyline, characterization and the conversations between the characters. If you go back two pages' you'll see a debate that went on for 2 days that was based on Jaye's chastity. Besides, we love talking about the game.

I only care about Tara.... :(
You see I wasn't planning telling you this today, but you leave me no choice.

Jaye > Tara. :Kappa:

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I always said it - Chasing Sunsets is probably a top 2 game in terms of storyline, characterization and the conversations between the characters. If you go back two pages' you'll see a debate that went on for 2 days that was based on Jaye's chastity. Besides, we love talking about the game.

You see I wasn't planning telling you this today, but you leave me no choice.

Jaye > Tara. :Kappa:
Ya know, if, by some nefarious misdeed of authorship, Jaye insists that I forgive Christian; it could actually cause me to abandon ship and run away with Mallory! :mad::p

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
I hope you people realize that Christian's 'redemption arc' may crash and burn, if he feels snubbed enough by the MC.
For now all the nastiness she might have received apparently deserved all of it, some even with the cheering of her best friend Jaye.

So it seems hard to me that nothing can be compromised already

In the future maybe (not listening his warn in the last chapter is mandatory)

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Jaye is a powerhouse. Her unwavering devotion to MC is legendary.
She is a poster child for any girl getting rushed by any guy: she is forever for MC.

MC is soaring all away over everybody in this flick, as his growing up was so eventful.
MC lost his family to protect Jaye when he left just like Batman in the dark night:
MC was the vilain Jaye needed to feel prottected and the light of his eyes yet again.

Chris had always the rapey uncle to make him feel like the black sheep and
only refference his way around girls in the rapey ”treat all girls like tramps” way of the uncle.
Jaye has always had Tara, something that tamed her rath for Chris, as she was BFF to his sister.
Just as Jaye and MC have unwavering love and devotion for eachother, should you play it right,
Tara must have unrelenting disgust for her brother who tried to rape her best friend.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
IMO it would be a nice touch if his behavior (and other outcomes in the story) is influenced by the choices we make. It would add immersion and replayability to the game.
So far, though, the only choice is how he gets tossed into the sea. There is no choice to the snubbing when Christian tries to talk to the MC.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
IMO it would be a nice touch if his behavior (and other outcomes in the story) is influenced by the choices we make. It would add immersion and replayability to the game.
You mean like 'bullet to the brain' or more like 'boot up the booty'? Or maybe a one way ticket to an island of nothing but sand and flees? This idea is definitely piquing my interest! :whistle:(y):giggle::oops:

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
So far, though, the only choice is how he gets tossed into the sea. There is no choice to the snubbing when Christian tries to talk to the MC.
That can be attributed so that we follow the story the devs want to tell. If we are given choices at every interaction, the whole story would snowball out of control and it would be a headache to code.

Well, the fact is, he did attempt to rape her, attempted rape is still a crime and abhorrent

View attachment 1920474 View attachment 1920476 View attachment 1920477
I never said Christian was innocent or what he did wasn’t wrong. I always said it - Christian did deserve what he got. But the fact stands - he realized his mistake and actively works to redeem himself.

Reactions: BigBlueDude
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes