4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

skater555

Feb 22, 2021
Don't know if you guys know this yet but there was an update on Patreon a couple of hours ago that discussed the delay for the release. I don't have full access but was just able to read the first 2 lines or so.

Well, here we are on April 30, and while I'd hoped we be posting download links tonight, we're just not quite there yet.
Kent has whittled down the outstanding artwork like nobody's business, and the last of the content is in (minus one scene in post-prod), but we just don't feel like we've hit the level of polish yet where we're comfortable with a full release yet.
What's left?
  • -A few bits and pieces of art. Some supplemental renders may be necessary when we've exited beta with whatever re-writes are necessary there.
  • -Steam achievement icons and onboarding
  • -Polish
The first two items really aren't holding us back, but the last one is really important to us.
We know none of the words above matter much to those who have been waiting patiently.
The answer to the question "how much more time do you need?" is what you're looking for.
Having egg on our face once is bad enough, so we'll give a No Later Than date of May 13 with a likely release well ahead of that.
If anyone subbed for this month on a limited budget with the expectation of a download tonight, DM us on Patreon, and we'll make it right for you when the chapter goes gold.
If there are any other surprises, we'll update you all here immediately.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
so at least they admit they feel bad as they missed there deadline and no later then next sat?
No Later Than date of May 13 with a likely release well ahead of that.
It could be earlier as said, but they have given the date May 13th. I'd expect it more likely then as I'm sure they want it perfect which is fine with me, tons of other games to play even though this one probably top 2, tied with SHS (for me), so I can wait for polish, usually it's worth it.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017
What's left?
  • -A few bits and pieces of art. Some supplemental renders may be necessary when we've exited beta with whatever re-writes are necessary there.
  • -Polish
The first two items really aren't holding us back, but the last one is really important to us.
Surely they can release the update and add the polish translation at a later time... :WeSmart:

DeFuZe

Jul 26, 2018

Well, here we are on April 30, and while I'd hoped we be posting download links tonight, we're just not quite there yet.
Kent has whittled down the outstanding artwork like nobody's business, and the last of the content is in (minus one scene in post-prod), but we just don't feel like we've hit the level of polish yet where we're comfortable with a full release yet.
What's left?
  • -Polish
We know none of the words above matter much to those who have been waiting patiently.
The answer to the question "how much more time do you need?" is what you're looking for.
Having egg on our face once is bad enough, so we'll give a No Later Than date of May 13 with a likely release well ahead of that.
If anyone subbed for this month on a limited budget with the expectation of a download tonight, DM us on Patreon, and we'll make it right for you when the chapter goes gold.
Quality takes time. No rush since the final product will be worth the extra wait. :love:

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
It always amazes me that most people still fail to realize that just because they name a specific date that it doesn't mean that said date is set in stone. They do have a life beside fumbling pictures with text together for degenrates like us and that life still has priority over getting absorbed into a development circle so that some entitled pirates get their "share" early enough for them not to complain about a paid product being delate they are not even paying for.

Either accept the fact that sometimes it takes longer no matter what people say or if you are that dissatisfied, simply bugger off and spare us your drivel.

RNasc4444

Aug 16, 2022
things took longer than expected, is that so hard to understand?

Nothing in life is certain other than taxes and death......
Oh I'm fine with delays. I think we are all getting a bit too comfortable with games coming out buggy or missing content these days. I don't mind the wait. I would have liked however, if they had released a status update on Friday or Saturday (if they knew they were gonna miss the mark) on all platforms, not just Patreon. Would have kept me from checking Steam a dozen times yesterday...

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023

What's left?
  • -Polish
So, I was right all along about chapter 7 being delayed again?

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
Waiting is fine, just be transparent about the process. What bothers me is that they waited until the last minute. Too many devs adopt that practice, and I'd hoped that SFS weren't another one of them. It's okay though, I'll drop my standards.

Reactions: qaywsx

IAmWallace

May 1, 2023
I am devastated! I feel like such an idiot and a sucker for all the support I gave the devs. I was a supporter on Patreon since chapter 2, that's hundreds of dollars plus I got it on Steam for extra support despite never playing it on Steam and after all that they turned to be like most devs and we are just a milking cows for them.
I understand it's more profitable to work slowly and get thousands of dollars for every delay but the really overdid it this time.
If you watched The Wire, Stringer Bell was talking about this how weak dope will sell more and by doing worse they will actually will make more money, that's the reality of VNs today.

They knew very well they will not make it in time for the April 30 date, but they said nothing, like thieves at night just to make another few thousands of dollars before some people cancel their subs because of their broken promises.

The game is excellent but the devs got corrupted by the money and will milk their supporters slowly...very slowly before each update.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
I am devastated! I feel like such an idiot and a sucker for all the support I gave the devs. I was a supporter on Patreon since chapter 2, that's hundreds of dollars plus I got it on Steam for extra support despite never playing it on Steam and after all that they turned to be like most devs and we are just a milking cows for them.
I understand it's more profitable to work slowly and get thousands of dollars for every delay but the really overdid it this time.
If you watched The Wire, Stringer Bell was talking about this how weak dope will sell more and by doing worse they will actually will make more money, that's the reality of VNs today.

They knew very well they will not make it in time for the April 30 date, but they said nothing, like thieves at night just to make another few thousands of dollars before some people cancel their subs because of their broken promises.

The game is excellent but the devs got corrupted by the money and will milk their supporters slowly...very slowly before each update.
That's quite the assumption you got going there. But hey, you do you.

Considering the curve ball Itch.io just threw at them, I'm not surprised they ended up with more headaches on their plate. And I also understand the delays and would still be willing to wait for the update release for however long they'd need.

Just sayin'
small_whistling2.gif

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
What’d I miss with Itch.io
Not sure if I'll describe it properly, but, they've decided to restructure their content hosting conditions.
as of just a few days ago. So it was a last minute curve ball the dev's have had to deal with.

NathanD7

Jun 30, 2018
That's quite the assumption you got going there. But hey, you do you.

Considering the curve ball Itch.io just threw at them, I'm not surprised they ended up with more headaches on their plate. And I also understand the delays and would still be willing to wait for the update release for however long they'd need.

Just sayin'
View attachment 2587028
It's not your job to make excuses for them, they can do that themselves. If you make this a common thing, what's to say they wont be any different from the OTHER VN devs out there. There's just too many examples of terrible practices out there, and it's especially true in the gaming sphere, publishers and devs just keep on shafting the consumers, and the consumers take it in stride and buy the next product anyway. Support terrible practices and they'll keep doing them. There's no accountability.
Now this is a little over dramatic for this game, but I'd say it's warranted because I don't want SFS to be like the other scammers on this site.

Terminator_26F

Apr 1, 2019
"No one is bound to the impossible", an old proverb that can be applied here. So far, SFS has been decent in handling its updates. An exceptional and unexpected circumstance obliges them to postpone the publication of the continuation of their VN. There is no fire in the lake nor matter to pillorying them. Personally, I trust them and I keep all my respect for them.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
So, I was right all along about chapter 7 being delayed again?
Well, if once can't tell the difference between delayed and abandoned, then sure absolutely you are 100% correct.

For those of us that can tell the difference, no, you are wrong.

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
It's not your job to make excuses for them, they can do that themselves. If you make this a common thing, what's to say they wont be any different from the OTHER VN devs out there. There's just too many examples of terrible practices out there, and it's especially true in the gaming sphere, publishers and devs just keep on shafting the consumers, and the consumers take it in stride and buy the next product anyway. Support terrible practices and they'll keep doing them. There's no accountability.
Now this is a little over dramatic for this game, but I'd say it's warranted because I don't want SFS to be like the other scammers on this site.
Then stop supporting them and just take the free versions. We're all supposed to be adults on here and mature enough to make our own choices of who we wish to support. If you're just going to moan and whine about having a bad experience in the past, then might I suggest you stick to Steam and GoG games that have been completed. I'm pretty sure most adults on here understands the risk of dealing with devs on this particular site.

But hey, whatever right?

small_whistling2.gif

WICKEDp4th

Before Alice went to Wonderland, she had to fall.
Donor
Sep 6, 2017
Then stop supporting them and just take the free versions. We're all supposed to be adults on here and mature enough to make our own choices of who we wish to support. If you're just going to moan and whine about having a bad experience in the past, then might I suggest you stick to Steam and GoG games that have been completed. I'm pretty sure most adults on here understands the risk of dealing with devs on this particular site.

But hey, whatever right?

View attachment 2587179
Agreed!
And OFC they cry/moan/rant here on a pirate site, where they get the games for free...

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes