4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Matt2012021

Jul 18, 2020
Only thing that bothering is putting a date then missing it I really wish devs would quit doing that it's like this if your not 100% sure on the date do not put one out it's that so hard to understand not like these devs are the only ones who do this

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Only thing that bothering is putting a date then missing it I really wish devs would quit doing that it's like this if your not 100% sure on the date do not put one out it's that so hard to understand not like these devs are the only ones who do this
I can understand it. You release a new version and at the latest four weeks after that the "when update"-spam starts. It gets more and more annoying with every week that goes by. Eventually you'll get to the point where you can finally announce the thing. Of course you do it. Just so that the nerves stop. Then it turns out that there is still work to be done you couldn't foreseen. You then have a choice: postpone the date and upset the players or release something dirty and upset the players. In the end it's the devs fault. Just don't give out release dates. When everything is ready, simply release surprisingly.

ugulugulu

Feb 3, 2020
So either give a date and get complains because you didn't manage to meet that deadline or don't give a date and get complains because you don't give informations out. No matter how you twist it, that way it's always the devs fault.

Brilliant idea.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Spoken like someone who has never worked on a project with a deadline.

Maybe it's just me, but my decades of project management experience tells me that rare is the project that is delivered on the original timeline with no hiccups. The only reason people don't see this as normal is that typically, there is no pre-announcement to the general public so they are not aware of the delays.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
So either give a date and get complains because you didn't manage to meet that deadline or don't give a date and get complains because you don't give informations out. No matter how you twist it, that way it's always the devs fault.
That's exactly the two choices you have as a dev.
Brilliant idea.
No. It isn't. It's all about to give a fuck about complaining and whining. It doesn't matter how you handle it. There will ever be people who starts complaining. Just listen to constructive criticism and ignore the rest completely. Especially when it comes from those who don't pay you anyway.

BigBlueDude

Nov 15, 2020
For me they have built up so much goodwill that this doesnt concern me one bit. Plus the details of whats remains to be done, its polishing thats left. I would be concerned if this happened next time but not at this junction.

Reactions: Ilhares

funkymonkeyjedi

Jan 16, 2023
That's exactly the two choices you have as a dev.
No. It isn't. It's all about to give a fuck about complaining and whining. It doesn't matter how you handle it. There will ever be people who starts complaining. Just listen to constructive criticism and ignore the rest completely. Especially when it comes from those who don't pay you anyway.
I agree. About the only times when people won't complain about stuff being late is when their their pizza delivery exceeds their 30 min guarantee.
:LOL:
sign_peace.gif

SFS_Stoya

Apr 18, 2023
I am devastated! I feel like such an idiot and a sucker for all the support I gave the devs. I was a supporter on Patreon since chapter 2, that's hundreds of dollars plus I got it on Steam for extra support despite never playing it on Steam and after all that they turned to be like most devs and we are just a milking cows for them.
I understand it's more profitable to work slowly and get thousands of dollars for every delay but the really overdid it this time.
If you watched The Wire, Stringer Bell was talking about this how weak dope will sell more and by doing worse they will actually will make more money, that's the reality of VNs today.

They knew very well they will not make it in time for the April 30 date, but they said nothing, like thieves at night just to make another few thousands of dollars before some people cancel their subs because of their broken promises.

The game is excellent but the devs got corrupted by the money and will milk their supporters slowly...very slowly before each update.
Please send your Patron info via DM and regardless of how much you've pledged us over however long a period, we'll make sure you get every penny back.

Sep 3, 2020
I couldn't care any less if they missed their self-imposed deadline by a week.
I prefer this happening to the alternative, having no idea when the update will drop by.
preach brother preach I don't care how long enough it takes if the developer Keeps Us regularly updated I'm good

take as much time as you need and the game is not abandoned it's just delayed so I don't see the big deal

I know other games where the developer does not speak to his community for over a year

and I know other developers that tell you the update is almost done then go radio silent for months

but as far as I know, the developers of Chasing Sunsets are amazing people that always keep us updated

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I am devastated! I feel like such an idiot and a sucker for all the support I gave the devs. I was a supporter on Patreon since chapter 2, that's hundreds of dollars plus I got it on Steam for extra support despite never playing it on Steam and after all that they turned to be like most devs and we are just a milking cows for them.
I understand it's more profitable to work slowly and get thousands of dollars for every delay but the really overdid it this time.
If you watched The Wire, Stringer Bell was talking about this how weak dope will sell more and by doing worse they will actually will make more money, that's the reality of VNs today.

They knew very well they will not make it in time for the April 30 date, but they said nothing, like thieves at night just to make another few thousands of dollars before some people cancel their subs because of their broken promises.

The game is excellent but the devs got corrupted by the money and will milk their supporters slowly...very slowly before each update.
Hey, the ink is still wet on these hundred dollar bills you just handed me... oh wait - that is your alt account...

Here is a direct quote from the devs:
If anyone subbed for this month on a limited budget with the expectation of a download tonight, DM us on SubscribeStar, and we'll make it right for you when the chapter goes gold.

So - have you sent your DM yet are you just here for a fine whine?

On the planet I'm from, delays happen. I'm happy to support the devs and, if it is a choice between a rushed rev or waiting a few weeks for a quality rev, I am all for a quality rev.

Each release of Chasing Sunsets has been worth the wait - my opinion, and I have every reason to believe that their commitment to a quality release will be demonstrated in the upcoming CH 7 release.

Cheers!

Golden Trump

Jul 8, 2021

How many litres have you been milked buddy? I hope you are fed well.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes