4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

diolo

Jan 19, 2021
I have now tried the game once on the basis of the many positive reviews .... me a mystery where the good story should be ... technically not a bad game but the story is just .... silly and boring ... there are really better games here in the forum.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
I have now tried the game once on the basis of the many positive reviews .... me a mystery where the good story should be ... technically not a bad game but the story is just .... silly and boring ... there are really better games here in the forum.
That's fine. No game appeals to everyone. Just go play one of those really better games. No sense in wasting any more time on this one.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
That's fine. No game appeals to everyone. Just go play one of those really better games. No sense in wasting any more time on this one.
Now, see, this is a rational and well-reasoned response. Some subgroups would respond with more zeal.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Exdeath92

Jul 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, which games are you talking about? Because I feel that there are quite a lot of games with good story and characters (I always mention Leap of Fate, and to some extent Acting Lessons)

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021
I just finished the update and I'm pretty happy with where my playthrough went.

I'm still in an open relationship with Mallory and Jaye, we all survived the encounter with Vince although I did get stabbed, I woke up in the hospital and there was a sequence after the "credits" that was pretty cool.
In my playthrough, Mallory and Jaye kinda became friends after an awkward moment as they both admitted to each other that Alex's personal life was none of their business (because NEITHER had a relationship with him in my playthrough).

Reactions: Ilhares

drooopy

Feb 27, 2021
Out of curiosity, which games are you talking about? Because I feel that there are quite a lot of games with good story and characters (I always mention Leap of Fate, and to some extent Acting Lessons)
by silly, he probably meant there's too many silly jokes in it, which i agree with.

by boring, he probably meant there's no ntr or sharing, which is a good thing.

there's tons of games that don't have those characteristics, so I guess he's right.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
by silly, he probably meant there's too many silly jokes in it, which i agree with.
They can be, at times, but I feel they pretty much nailed it with their pop culture references. They start off early letting you know that the MC was an idiot, as demonstrated by his stance on Han Solo.

I am frequently surprised by the references they make, and often get a great laugh out of it. e. g. "vegetable taste like sad". I could hear it in my head and I cackled like a madman.

Sure, some folks don't care for it, but those are also often the same people that think Will Ferrell is funny. At least SFS doesn't keep beating a dead horse, they know when the joke is over. That's why it works so well.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
I was referring to the ending where everyone dies
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
OK - talk about bad endings... Holy SHI...

Thanks for using the spoiler tag as well - too many people are posting major spoilers as part of public posts and that can ruin some of the joy of playing the latest rev.

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
My laptop bit the dust, so I had to restart this game from scratch, which is not a problem, I love the game, the characters, the writing. I do have one nitpick, in my "get both girls" playthrough, my MC had just finished telling Jaye about David, then they kiss, she freaks out and leaves the room in a hurry and we get the XBox like achievement Boom! Headshot!. I get that was about the surprise kiss but so soon on the tail of recounting the story of David, even if it was not a headshot, seems a little cold.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ename144

SFS_Stoya

Apr 18, 2023
My laptop bit the dust, so I had to restart this game from scratch, which is not a problem, I love the game, the characters, the writing. I do have one nitpick, in my "get both girls" playthrough, my MC had just finished telling Jaye about David, then they kiss, she freaks out and leaves the room in a hurry and we get the XBox like achievement Boom! Headshot!. I get that was about the surprise kiss but so soon on the tail of recounting the story of David, even if it was not a headshot, seems a little cold.
I never looked at it that way, but now that you mention it, I can see your point.

In my mind, they had moved on from that in their conversation, and Jaye had just asked MC if he fucked Tara. What started as a hug became overwhelming for Jaye, and boom. :)

I felt that this had shifted the mood enough for the achievement to not be jarring in the context of the David scene, but hindsight is 20/20.

Also, in fairness...David was NOT shot in the head.

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
They can be, at times, but I feel they pretty much nailed it with their pop culture references. They start off early letting you know that the MC was an idiot, as demonstrated by his stance on Han Solo.

I am frequently surprised by the references they make, and often get a great laugh out of it. e. g. "vegetable taste like sad". I could hear it in my head and I cackled like a madman.

Sure, some folks don't care for it, but those are also often the same people that think Will Ferrell is funny. At least SFS doesn't keep beating a dead horse, they know when the joke is over. That's why it works so well.
Totally agree and love the pop culture in this! But maybe I love it because it is very similar to the way I use pop culture references in my writing.

Retrofire

Jul 4, 2019
Every once in a while, I read a post by a user saying something like this about games that have fairly wide appeal, and almost universally find their activity history to be a wasteland of liking one-star reviews and shitting on stuff.

This one doesn't disappoint.

Son of Durin

Engaged Member
Jul 5, 2021
Every once in a while, I read a post by a user saying something like this about games that have fairly wide appeal, and almost universally find their activity history to be a wasteland of liking one-star reviews and shitting on stuff.

This one doesn't disappoint.
And once again, I am affirmed in my decision to put that guy on ignore. ;)

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes