4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
Well just finished my replay including the latest chapter. I am on the J+M Open path. Thankfully I saved them both and seemed to live, thanks to a combo of Jaye(throat punch), David(mindset) and Chef's(defensive maneuvers)plus the prior Krav Maga training. Seems not everybody got the "goodish"(J and M seem not completely on board with the whole open arrangement but I won't go back to change my choices, I imagine, in the end, I will have to choose one but hopefully can keep the other as a close friend, I am guessing if forced to choose, I would have to go Jaye, I think it would hurt her even more than Mallory, who is in ways, tougher due to her traumas plus she will have Peanut, now that we had the "get Mal used to others touching her" sex scene) ending to the current build. Also glad that Vince is taking a dirt nap. I hope in the end, his employers end up dead also or at the very least sent to a maximum, pound them in the ass, prison, not Club Fed. Also thanks you to the devs for not making my MC wear an orange polo during the "Uncle Roger" scene. I enjoy his videos but I hate orange clothes.

StevenD90

Jun 21, 2022
Hi, I've been having a few issues trying to load my saves from v0.7. I've tried loading a save from the very end as well as a few autosaves. Every time I load a save i get ghe below error. Any advice?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003d74730>

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
But the devs are moralists, you are a bad boy, so you need to be punished, i guess that they don't have a clue on what the real world is!!
Thats why I have a problem with the last scene where the MC fights Vince(thats the name of that bald guy I think).
Vince is a professional criminal and a prolific killer but he gets his ass kicked by the MC AFTER the MC was stabbed in the ribs...because he was doing some martial arts with some Asian chick.
Yeah...10/10 for realism.

Mr. Muscles

Mar 30, 2021
This encounter was bound to happen... Jaye and Mallory meeting outside the MC's Room at night. Great byplay and watching these two women grow to like each other has been one of the many mini story arcs woven into the tapestry of Chasing Sunsets that give it the richness and depth so few AVNs are able to achieve.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I just don't see a long-term harem with these two women. The open relationship feels like a white peace - a temporary respite from being forced to reach a final resolution - who the MC chooses. Truth though - if the MC Has to choose (and I think that choice is coming on fast) - it is still a damn near ultimate win-win scenario! I am a Jaye first MC but it's not like Mallory is a 5 to Jaye's 10...
Does the MC miss any scene with these two in the open path?

Oct 10, 2022
Thats why I have a problem with the last scene where the MC fights Vince(thats the name of that bald guy I think).
Vince is a professional criminal and a prolific killer but he gets his ass kicked by the MC AFTER the MC was stabbed in the ribs...because he was doing some martial arts with some Asian chick.
Plus 5ish years training with Israeli spec op who is legend even amongst his peers.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Oh wait...
So whether or not one wins the fight and escapes death depends on a lesson or two from the chef and all the years he spent with the special forces guy mean nothing?

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
Yepp, that's why we play these games, realism!

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Plus 5ish years training with Israeli spec op who is legend even amongst his peers.
I am ex IDF(I was not in Sayeret Matkal like him but still) and just so you know most of the combat training is not about hand-to-hand combat(some of it is for sure), the image the game created for David is totally silly too BTW(which I mentioned before).
Learning Krav Maga in a nice gym with a mattress beneath your feet has nothing to do with street fights, especially when you are going against a professional criminal with a knife stuck in your ribs.
So yeah, that part of the game is totally not realistic and it's a shitty writing on the DEVs part.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Good morning. I know folks have bit a wee-bit impatient on me getting SanchoMod updated to v0.8 but most hopefully know that I've been in constant collaboration with the dev team regarding the pending v0.8a update coming very soon. I will officially launch the mod's update at that time as I have been trusted with inside data for the moment.

With that said I posted a "just for grins" v0.8 update last night for testers to kick the tires on. I don't want to release this fully public since once the new v0.8a drops Players will have to replay Chapter 7 anyway. The reason for this is changes have been made during the transition of Chapter 6's "Summary" and the start of Chapter 7 behind the scenes. These changes are of vital importance to your playthroughs. I would describe them more in detail but again, that's not info I'm at liberty to disclose at the moment.

The dev team is always a pleasure to work with and we've worked together well from the get-go. I truly feel that the pending v0.8a is the real release of Chapter 7 as intended by the team and will be fully polished to your expectations. If you have not played the update yet then please wait for the pending update... you will be better off for it, trust me on this.

Regards.

(Hype train is leaving the station.... all aboard!)

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Vince is a professional criminal and a prolific killer but he gets his ass kicked by the MC AFTER the MC was stabbed in the ribs...because he was doing some martial arts with some Asian chick. Yeah...10/10 for realism.
Well it's not a documentary, you know?

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Do you wanna realism? I have some: "In 2007, a man named Michael Moylan in Florida woke up with a splitting migraine. When he arrived at the hospital, doctors found a bullet in his head. His wife had shot him in the head while he was asleep."
But yeah, the scene seems a bit ridiculous, yet there is nothing there that would make my palm meet my face. It's just the MC was lucky enough that the knife didn't hit his vitals and he had a few seconds to knock out the enemy before he passed out. Very doubtful, but still possible, especially considering the rest of the plot, their biotech stuff looks a lot more contrived. Of course, the fact that he knocked out the enemy with a knife in his ribs can hardly be explained by any training or martial arts, but ordinary luck can.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Do you wanna realism? I have some: "In 2007, a man named Michael Moylan in Florida woke up with a splitting migraine. When he arrived at the hospital, doctors found a bullet in his head. His wife had shot him in the head while he was asleep."
But yeah, the scene seems a bit ridiculous, yet there is nothing there that would make my palm meet my face. It's just the MC was lucky enough that the knife didn't hit his vitals and he had a few seconds to knock out the enemy before he passed out. Very doubtful, but still possible, especially considering the rest of the plot, their biotech stuff looks a lot more contrived. Of course, the fact that he knocked out the enemy with a knife in his ribs can hardly be explained by any training or martial arts, but ordinary luck can.
I didnt say it's impossible, I said it's unrealistic that a professional criminal would go out like a punk and gets his ass kicked by an injured trust fund kid.
And Davids Ex military buddies having a private plane on call, they flew it into an enemy state with assault rifles which you can't get legally in Israel.

I like the game overall but some of the "creative freedom" they took here is just bad writing.

kktcross

Jan 29, 2019
SanchoNote

Good morning. I know folks have bit a wee-bit impatient on me getting SanchoMod updated to v0.8 but most hopefully know that I've been in constant collaboration with the dev team regarding the pending v0.8a update coming very soon. I will officially launch the mod's update at that time as I have been trusted with inside data for the moment.

With that said I posted a "just for grins" v0.8 update last night for testers to kick the tires on. I don't want to release this fully public since once the new v0.8a drops Players will have to replay Chapter 7 anyway. The reason for this is changes have been made during the transition of Chapter 6's "Summary" and the start of Chapter 7 behind the scenes. These changes are of vital importance to your playthroughs. I would describe them more in detail but again, that's not info I'm at liberty to disclose at the moment.

The dev team is always a pleasure to work with and we've worked together well from the get-go. I truly feel that the pending v0.8a is the real release of Chapter 7 as intended by the team and will be fully polished to your expectations. If you have not played the update yet then please wait for the pending update... you will be better off for it, trust me on this.

Regards.

(Hype train is leaving the station.... all aboard!)
so if i understand your intentions i just wasted my time downloading v0.8 in hopes you update mod... if you dont plan to update mod until v0.8a is out at least go and edit post with your mod and say instead 05/06/2023 - Note: Updating to v0.8 - Please be patient to not updating until next release from devs thx

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
so if i understand your intentions i just wasted my time downloading v0.8 in hopes you update mod... if you dont plan to update mod until v0.8a is out at least go and edit post with your mod and say instead 05/06/2023 - Note: Updating to v0.8 - Please be patient to not updating until next release from devs thx
It's almost 100% is dropping sometime today... and that post was edited already. I'm communicating the best I can bud, there's dozens and dozens of new posts in the mod's thread. I don't know how to be more transparent than posting in realtime as I work.

When I started the update there's the issue of the VN going from RenPy v7 to v8 which took 24hrs (Saturday night and all day Sunday) to try and work out, then the thought was I was only updating what was there in v0.8 (Monday which was yesterday) but both I and the dev team found bugs... so we kept working. All of this is documented. I sincerely would think all that info no one would get anywhere else provide more than ample detail, right?

Oct 10, 2022
I am ex IDF(I was not in Sayeret Matkal like him but still) and just so you know most of the combat training is not about hand-to-hand combat(some of it is for sure), the image the game created for David is totally silly too BTW(which I mentioned before).
Learning Krav Maga in a nice gym with a mattress beneath your feet has nothing to do with street fights, especially when you are going against a professional criminal with a knife stuck in your ribs.
So yeah, that part of the game is totally not realistic and it's a shitty writing on the DEVs part.
If you remember the talk before they started to train together, it was not regular army training for MC. He specifically said you won't survive in a street fight and they aimed to trained to survive in a street fight. They trained for that exact situation. Krav Maga was just a part of his training. For the knife part, as you can see in that scene he collapsed right after the fight. He was basically riding on adrenaline for his life and his loved ones. The conditions for the fight was necessary for the game, after all it is a choice based game. You choose something then that choice become important at some point of the game. You mentioned 2 weeks training with chef was not enough or something like that but in the fight sequence he did not used what chef taught him, he used her as a mental support. They did not do any grappling after all.

Our MC is a prodigy in athletics; he was scholarship worthy football player, a very good baseball player and good at parkour. This person got specific training from a man who was an ex spec ops in IDF who was a legend, who he escaped from a prison bare handed, malnourished, killed the guards while escaping. They did the training for exactly this sort of situations. You are talking about he was against professional criminal but MC was against professional bandits a few months prior and kept his cool to asses situation. So he was training to stand his ground if it's necessary against professional criminals, bandits, mobsters etc.

For the general point on realism, in these kind of media; movies, series, games, books, etc. they create their own universe. You need to accept that universe from get go, then judge according to that. You won't say Game of Thrones is unrealistic because it has dragons, magic etc. in it. So you may say these people don't exist in real life, maybe they really don't; but we have them in Chasing Sunset universe and they exactly acted as expected in that universe. Also you cannot say this game is not realistic because they cloned a human or they managed to built an R&D company, did couple of Nobel prize worthy researches and had enough time for their family. We have those people in this game. What would be unrealistic then? If MC suddenly started firing laser beams from his eyes in that fight sequence, that would have been unrealistic not because we do not have people who can fire laser beams from their eyes in real life but because this was not part of the game's universe.

I hope what I tried to say make sense.

diolo

Jan 19, 2021
Out of curiosity, which games are you talking about? Because I feel that there are quite a lot of games with good story and characters (I always mention Leap of Fate, and to some extent Acting Lessons)
i played LightofmyLife + nowandthen just before ... and then i was looking for a game that has a good story ... supposedly the game here has a good story ... but honestly visually the game here is good but storytechnically worlds away from a good story ... but each as he likes claims are different

Reactions: WastedTalent

OWSam000

Mar 1, 2022
Well I'm keeping the door open just in case the open relationship goes up in flames next episode.
They will be missed but I would gladly leave them both to take another bite out of Chef Tanaka.
Yeah! My playthrough is in open relationship with Mallory and Jaye. And still mess with the chef Tanaka and Bianca. But I really hope Mallory and Jaye threeway can work out.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes