4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
LOL why would it be offensive?
Anyway, you didnt miss anything, the story is just a bunch of Israeli ex IDF guys showed op with a plane and a bunch of weapons. I wonder how are they going to explain the box with the body to the government tho, as you need so much paper work filed to transport a dead body to Israel for burial purposes.
I think that would be a lot easier to explain than how he could bang Jaye, Mal, Amanda in a row, each of them multiple times, and still has a boner on Bianca after that :)
But actually, I understand your skepticism about these unrealistic details. I feel the same way every time I see hackers in mainstream movies. It seems the most valuable skill for a hacker is lightning-fast typing. Sometimes they even show a Linux shell with a root prompt on the hacker's monitor, apparently to convince the most incredulous that the guys here are doing serious business. It looks so funny and stupid to anyone who has anything to do with software development. But if the rest of the movie is good, I have to put up with this nonsense.

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You can always get together with other guys(Like Stone Fox did) and be the programmer and let someone else take care of the story and the graphics. It's probably a hard thing to do but it's doable I think.
Well, I collab already with most devs I mod on periodically... I don't really want to get into their projects more than I have already as my goal is really separate. I'm not looking for a job or creative outlet, I'm just creating toys to enhance the products I personally enjoy. That's more than enough for me as I attempt to enjoy early retirement by my rules and my whims.

Rroarr

Oct 15, 2017
too many walls of text. I reckon it has some to do with the reason i came here but i can't get my head into reading a few pages of vitriol.
My story ended at the MC waking up in the hospital.
Was it the end of the update (chapter 8 just started) or did i use older mod ending the story short?

NVM i found the sanchonote . Thanks Sancho1969

Last edited:
Reactions: PushMyButton

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
SanchoNote

Good morning. I know folks have bit a wee-bit impatient on me getting SanchoMod updated to v0.8 but most hopefully know that I've been in constant collaboration with the dev team regarding the pending v0.8a update coming very soon. I will officially launch the mod's update at that time as I have been trusted with inside data for the moment.

With that said I posted a "just for grins" v0.8 update last night for testers to kick the tires on. I don't want to release this fully public since once the new v0.8a drops Players will have to replay Chapter 7 anyway. The reason for this is changes have been made during the transition of Chapter 6's "Summary" and the start of Chapter 7 behind the scenes. These changes are of vital importance to your playthroughs. I would describe them more in detail but again, that's not info I'm at liberty to disclose at the moment.

The dev team is always a pleasure to work with and we've worked together well from the get-go. I truly feel that the pending v0.8a is the real release of Chapter 7 as intended by the team and will be fully polished to your expectations. If you have not played the update yet then please wait for the pending update... you will be better off for it, trust me on this.

Regards.

(Hype train is leaving the station.... all aboard!)
While I wait for the devs to respond to the green light on my end...

Since I've already giving you this:
1683652569741.png

I'll work on finalizing this (preliminary feature only, subject to change):
1683652723783.png

How 'bout those apples?

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
Hi, I've been having a few issues trying to load my saves from v0.7. I've tried loading a save from the very end as well as a few autosaves. Every time I load a save i get ghe below error. Any advice?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003d74730>
I got this error too, i'm unable to load any previous saves. :cry:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi, I've been having a few issues trying to load my saves from v0.7. I've tried loading a save from the very end as well as a few autosaves. Every time I load a save i get ghe below error. Any advice?

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
AttributeError: Can't get attribute 'O000O00O000OOO0O0' on <renpy.python.StoreModule object at 0x0000000003d74730>
I got this error too, i'm unable to load any previous saves. :cry:
You both previously used SanchoMod when you made those saves. The mod is not updated public just yet. Either load a save that was made without the mod installed inside that unmodded VN installation or be patient a bit longer please.

Reactions: StevenD90

bamachine

Nov 17, 2020
I agree but it will be fun seeing if it's possible and I'll continue to go along this route for now and won't reroll my choice until I hit an end game screen or the game is finished.

This sounds pretty similar to what I got except Jaye didn't throat punch Vince, I took him out on my own and I didn't kill him, I figured we'd be able to get more information out of him if we left him alive.[/ISPOLER]
I throat punched him also, she only kicked him in the nads from behind. I meant that my MC learned the throat punch from her. Also, someone like him, you would not get anything from interrogation plus he deserved death. It is one thing to kill in self defense or in war, even killing other criminals but killing innocents(the MC parents plus was planning on Mallory) is a automatic death sentence in my book.

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
Does the MC miss any scene with these two in the open path?
I don't know yet. I can say that I just reached the scene with Mallory and Amanda (no spoilers here) and I'm holding off on playing more given Sancho's heads up about v 0.8a coming out soon.

Separate topic --

For those who want to complain about the fight with the bad guy, a few thoughts for you:

* Amanda outsmarted him when he pulled the 'I'm looking for my dog' trick without bothering to verify that he was even allowed to have a dog (non-service animal) in this island country.

I'd call that sloppy and lazy for a true professional hitman.

* The MC has better hand to hand than Many others his age, especially for someone who never served in the military.

There is no dossier that would reveal his training from David, let alone his upgrade from Chef Tanaka.

I think overconfidence can be read into the scene.

This is not a missed sniper strike with a do over, time and place TBD; it is hand to hand by someone used to a major overmatch in skill and force, and he Really misread how dangerous the MC was.

If I could have added a bit of fun to this scene, once the MC makes his first parry. I would have gone with the Army of Darkness meme, where the hitman says: I'll swallow your soul and the MC responds: Come get some!

zzzzAshAOD_meme1.jpg

The only thing missing is the Boomstick, so...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

kktcross

Jan 29, 2019
wow ungrateful fck like you actually exist huh, like bruh you wanna play right away then play vanilla or use other mod.
i am not your bruh and when i downloaded the game yesterday 15:41 CET there was no info it would go to new version either on patreon of dev or in mod thread an
I understand your concerns bud, sincerely. If I released v0.8 the Player would have to completely replay Ch7 anyway (as noted in my original post you replied to). Regarding the updates, it wasn't by design and the bugs found were indeed intricate. Honestly though AAA console games that millions purchase for big money have an immediate update these days, right? If Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and others can't get their multi-million dollar operations together then I'd hardly be too rough on the little guys. I honestly believe the smaller teams work the hardest to bring correct and complete updates on the first try. The big boys ALWAYS release shit they know in advance will require massive multi-gig updates just to meet timelines and appease shareholders.

This is the world we've all helped create... remember the days of the PS2? You bought the game and it was done. No patches. Those days are long gone bud, I miss them too but yet here we are.
will be honest with you as i see it you are cutting them slag becouse you have friendly relationship with them IMO if they are getting money for something then they should deliver on time or at least without bugs and not push bugged product out just becouse they are late on promise to release "late april" as it is writen on steam no one would tolerate half baked pizza IRL so why are we ok with devs not delivering when we are talking about same price point around 9€ should we not hold them accountable for product they sell? ... i started gaming on sega beffore PS was a thing so i indeed remember those times when developers didnt hide behind pathetic excuses like "early acces"

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
i am not your bruh and when i downloaded the game yesterday 15:41 CET there was no info it would go to new version either on patreon of dev or in mod thread an

will be honest with you as i see it you are cutting them slag becouse you have friendly relationship with them IMO if they are getting money for something then they should deliver on time or at least without bugs and not push bugged product out just becouse they are late on promise to release "late april" as it is writen on steam no one would tolerate half baked pizza IRL so why are we ok with devs not delivering when we are talking about same price point around 9€ should we not hold them accountable for product they sell? ... i started gaming on sega beffore PS was a thing so i indeed remember those times when developers didnt hide behind pathetic excuses like "early acces"
Oy vey.........

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020

Okay, best I can offer is to give you and others "early access" to the mod for your current DL. You'll still have to replay Chapter 7 from the beginning after the pending VN update rolls out though, there's no getting around that really. It's 1300 hrs here now, I'll tie a ribbon on what I have so far for v0.8 (which has most of v0.8a changes but I can't confirm it's 100% yet) and push out.

It's an olive branch of sorts, certainly not a cave-in on my part. I could have put out a half-assed SanchoMod update on the first day but I elected to roll my update out correctly, so that's our options at the moment. Best to wait but if folks want what I have solid as of this moment then so be it.

Cazzan

Dec 11, 2022
yossa999 ; I can understand his point pretty well, is like the Movies, you see it but it is sooo unrealistic, It don't keep you from not seeing it, but it triggers a lot of chuckels.
As well, it is clarly a Drama component the whole set up, If the guy was after killing them, he would not have botherd with getting Mallory unconcious and handtied in first place he would have striked fast and silent and then focus on the other targets.
Vince was not sent to kill them all. he was sent specifically (and only) to kill Mallory. He abducted her in order to make her disappear without a trace (at sea presumably). Earlier CHristian had taunted Vince about the mistake he made in killing two targets in the same way (The MC parents and the judge's wife), which would likely make Vince more paranoid and careful about how he disposed of Mallory.

You are correct in your comparison to movies. Every movie (that's not a documentary) has scenes ranging from unlikely to almost impossible. You have to suspend disbelief to enjoy ANY media - books, movies, VNs. As long as those media are internally consistent once you've suspended disbelief on their fundamental premise they are doing a good job at telling a "realistic" story.

Of course there is always a risk - I imagine it's much harder for an actual pilot to watch Top Gun:)Maverick) and suspend their disbelief because they are aware of ALL the details that are divergent from reality, and in the same way I can totally see David tripping up any actual (ex-)IDF members. That does NOT make the story bad, or the devs lazy. You just happen to be in a group with knowledge that make you aware of the liberties the devs/storyteller HAS to take to tell their story. When that happens you either chuckle and forcefully suspend your further disbelief for that (or those) scenes, or you quit the movie/book/VN because it's not for you.

This is a very good VN. It's the second VN this year where I've bothered to actually read the entire story rather than fast forward through most of it. Sure it's not winning an Oscar (assuming those were for VNs), but it's miles above the average (adult) VN, and easily comparable to a decent flick or book that you'd definitely watch or read and enjoy if it was a genre you like.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
Okay, best I can offer is to give you and others "early access" to the mod for your current DL. You'll still have to replay Chapter 7 from the beginning after the pending VN update rolls out though, there's no getting around that really. It's 1300 hrs here now, I'll tie a ribbon on what I have so far for v0.8 (which has most of v0.8a changes but I can't confirm it's 100% yet) and push out.

It's an olive branch of sorts, certainly not a cave-in on my part. I could have put out a half-assed SanchoMod update on the first day but I elected to roll my update out correctly, so that's our options at the moment. Best to wait but if folks want what I have solid as of this moment then so be it.
Your dedication is unsurpassed, Sancho! I, for one, will wait. I can see how hard you, the devs and others are working to "uncluster" the cluster. It's a complex issue I'm sure. It will be worth the wait...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Possible good info for those wondering how SanchoCheats is going to deal with the pathing changes in this update and going forward: post in mod's thread here summarizes and not a wall of text.

Reactions: vogelbeest

Cazzan

Dec 11, 2022
Your dedication is unsurpassed, Sancho! I, for one, will wait. I can see how hard you, the devs and others are working to "uncluster" the cluster. It's a complex issue I'm sure. It will be worth the wait...
Just want to echo this. I'm am very grateful for (and as a software developer impressed by) the work Sancho does. Truly excellence.

Reactions: motseer

kktcross

Jan 29, 2019

lol its not about your mod i said it beffore in past multiple times in threads on different mods of yours that you are one of the best modders and i still think its true i did apologize for venting it on you beffore... its about this game getting released bugged all the time

Reactions: motseer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Just want to echo this. I'm am very grateful for (and as a software developer impressed by) the work Sancho does. Truly excellence.
Thanks bud... now if I could actually learn how to code that'd be something. My background is entrepreneurship, consulting, and management. But I've hired very knowledgeable talent in various departments including construction, accounting, and various technical staff in my career. Having selected some sharp technical coding gurus as well to boot. I've always been the type to learn from my emps just as much as I teach them other aspects. It's how I picked up a bit of what I know to date.

I'm no coder though, but I've hired quite a few of them in my days.

Reactions: Cazzan

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Sure it's not winning an Oscar (assuming those were for VNs), but it's miles above the average (adult) VN
Thats very true, but still pointing out some holes or bullshit in the story doesnt mean the game is bad, just parts of it are not well-made.
To this day I didnt find any VN that got a great story without any flaws or little to none so it's all good.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes