4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

underoath27

Nov 22, 2020
Ok, It seems like many people are missing this even though it was set up so beautifully by Sone Fox Studios that I figured this out months back at the same time that Malory did...

MC's mother was a donor for 3 of the eggs for the Crucible project. Her partner at the time (Malory's "dad") was infatuated with her and needed the trials to continue, so he substituted her eggs for 3 of the eggs of other women in the project whose eggs were being treated with the fertility drug and then artificially inseminated them and returned them to the other woman's womb. (three separate other women actually) Two of the eggs miscarried. The third resulted in a birth. The only successful outcome of that project that we have any record of is that Jaye "is even more of a miracle than we thought." Jaye's birth mother was the only one to unknowingly carry MC's mother's egg to full term resulting in Jaye's birth. which means that biologically Jaye and MC have the same genetic mother. Hence they are half-siblings.
Hmmm, got it. Thank you :)

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
I feel like we are going to get a swerve and Jaye and MC are not biologically related for no other reason than to keep Patreon / Steam happy
Patreon and Steam just want us all to be good little Boy Scouts...

Jerry: "Well, I was a Boy Scout. Tom. you were a Boy Scout weren't you?"

Tom: "No, but I ate a brownie once."

(Without a Paddle 2004)

• Haha
Reactions: Kassan06969

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
There are Many great renders showing Jaye and the MC making love now. And they tell the story of a love, lost for years, but now found and enjoyed.

Still - as great as these are, the one that got to me is this one:

Jaye being incredibly loving and tender, which is so much at odds with her fierce personality but so right, celebrating a part of her love reserved for just the MC.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Foreigner10

Oct 10, 2018
I really liked this game, by far the best I've seen around here, it has a very cool story, interesting theme, even a character like Malory that at first the appearance would not get my attention, managed to be my favorite character in the story, she became cute and even sexy, the different color eyes, the change of hairstyle, and the cloning situation definitely caught my interest. I sincerely hope that this reaches the end of the project, and maintaining the quality that it showed here.

Last edited:

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Patreon and Steam just want us all to be good little Boy Scouts...

Jerry: "Well, I was a Boy Scout. Tom. you were a Boy Scout weren't you?"

Tom: "No, but I ate a brownie once."

(Without a Paddle 2004)
Back in the day the joke was I got kicked out of cub scouts. I ate a Brownie. Cub scouts and Brownies were both like 8-10 or 11. Boy/Girl Scouts were the next. Not sure about boy but there are more categories for girls now (my cousin's daughter is a girl scout)

joryh

Nov 8, 2021
Pls tell me that we aren't gong to be railroaded into railing tanaka if we accept her training. I seriously loathe her and if the training includes having to fuck her, fuck that.

Reactions: Vopeco

Grif1001

Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
Back in the day the joke was I got kicked out of cub scouts. I ate a Brownie. Cub scouts and Brownies were both like 8-10 or 11. Boy/Girl Scouts were the next. Not sure about boy but there are more categories for girls now (my cousin's daughter is a girl scout)
What you really have to watch out for are the Scout Masters who eat brownies...

SFS_Stoya

Apr 18, 2023
Pls tell me that we aren't gong to be railroaded into railing tanaka if we accept her training. I seriously loathe her and if the training includes having to fuck her, fuck that.
There is no forced sex in Chasing Sunsets in the present. Only Fiona, Linda, and Tara are non-optional, because from a story perspective, they happened in the past.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I've done my best to play through Chapter 7. It seems my... esoteric playstyle has run headlong into a few bugs, so my impressions may be slightly off base. With that borne in mind, I think the Chapter is very strong, but befitting the numerous Star Wars references, it truly does depend on your point of view.

If you play the game as it was clearly expected to be played, it's a gorgeous spectacle filled with charming character moments and inventive asides. But if you wander off the beaten path and explore some of the other options, the game becomes confusing and frustrating; characters feel isolated, plot threads are lost, and the humor feels mistimed. Like butter draped over too little toast, Chasing Sunsets delivers a rich experience but there's never the satisfying crunch to sink my teeth into.

I don't want to get into a long review when it's clear my perspective is well outside the norm, but here are some highlights of both cases.
That's my take for the moment, anyway. We'll see if that changes if and when Mallory's path is fixed.

tl;dr A good update that highlights all the strengths of the game, but continues to give short shrift to less popular choices.

Last edited:

SFS_Stoya

Apr 18, 2023
aaaaaaaa
I've done my best to play through Chapter 7. It seems my... esoteric playstyle has run headlong into a few bugs, so my impressions may be slightly off base. With that borne in mind, I think the Chapter is very strong, but befitting the numerous Star Wars references, it truly does depend on your point of view.

If you play the game as it was clearly expected to be played, it's a gorgeous spectacle filled with charming character moments and inventive asides. But if you wander off the beaten path and explore some of the other options, the game becomes confusing and frustrating; characters feel isolated, plot threads are lost, and the humor feels mistimed. Like butter draped over too little toast, Chasing Sunsets delivers a rich experience but there's never the satisfying crunch to sink my teeth into.

I don't want to get into a long review when it's clear my perspective is well outside the norm, but here are some highlights of both cases.
That's my take for the moment, anyway. We'll see if that changes if and when Mallory's path is fixed.

tl;dr A good update that highlights all the strengths of the game, but continues to give short shrift to less popular choices.
Quick note...Mallory's path ending after Ch5 was a bug that's addressed in 0.8a. Otherwise, thanks for the constructive criticism.

LowLevelLesser

Feb 8, 2021

The storytelling might not be perfect at every angle but it's pretty damn good all things considered.

Last edited:
Reactions: Walter Victor

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Like others said, you can keep it friendly with her when she departs.
How in the fuck, you have them high. Mine is something like Jaye 65 and Mallory 54.
Don't remember, since I was just continuing an ongoing save and most choices where done a long time ago, probably used a walkthrough to get maximum points, it was basically a focused Jaye path, with the difference that I didn't go for the love path and kept it casual.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes