4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
I didnt say it's impossible, I said it's unrealistic that a professional criminal would go out like a punk and gets his ass kicked by an injured trust fund kid.
And Davids Ex military buddies having a private plane on call, they flew it into an enemy state with assault rifles which you can't get legally in Israel.

I like the game overall but some of the "creative freedom" they took here is just bad writing.
I can partly agree with you about realism and all, but I wouldn't call it bad writing. The writing is decent enough to serve the purpose of the plot and fit within the frame of a fairly short scene. What's the scenario? Rivals hired a hitman to finish off the Campbells, MC accidentally tracked him down, he stood up for his family, they got into a fight, MC won, but was severely wounded and barely escaped death. Enjoy your drama! What's wrong with the way the developers showed it? Yes, they slightly simplified the scene at the expense of realism, but I don’t think that this is very important in the context of the whole plot.
I think the same story with the David's merc friends. Just a small episode, simplified in detail but delivering a message of who David was, how his friends respected him and how he felt about the MC. To follow the path of realism here is to write a whole book about mercenaries. Look, for example, at Forsyth's "The Dogs of War". A group of mercenaries are hired to carry out a coup d'état in some fictional banana republic. They prepare for a mission and then attack the target and complete the task. Well the whole 95 percent of the book is about mission assurance. Reconnaissance, training, recruiting, buying weapons, payment, logistics, transport, everything to the smallest detail. And the last few pages of the book are about the combat itself. I don't think that level of detail would be necessary for an adult VN where a lot of the plot revolves around feelings, passion, sex and love triangles.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
He specifically said you won't survive in a street fight and they aimed to trained to survive in a street fight. They trained for that exact situation. Krav Maga was just a part of his training
Thats actually what Krav Maga is, it's supposed to be a martial art without rules or restriction and its sole purpose is to destroy your aggressor in the fastest way. It works in practice but in a street fight it's a different world and you actually got a good chance of getting hurt or die, thats why experience is way more important than practice(especially for the mental aspect of it).
No amount of training can prepare you for a fight(hand to hand or a gun fight) with a real danger of getting hurt or die. I sadly know it from experience.
Thats why every professional army needs battle tasted man because training is just not enough.
This person got specific training from a man who was an ex spec ops in IDF who was a legend, who he escaped from a prison bare handed, malnourished, killed the guards while escaping. They did the training for exactly this sort of situations.
Well, thats another piece of bullshit in the game, if you get captured, you are done basically. POWs escaping from captivity are very, very rare and in the history of IDF it never happened and no super soldier ever killed a bunch of his captors with his bare hands.

Anyway I got a problem with all this because the devs stated that story is the most important thing for them in a VN but its not working if the story is based on bullshit. It's not science fiction or fantasy, it's based on the real world and should somewhat reflect it, not putting super soldiers in and mocking the IDF and make a joke of their veterans.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
I mean having sex with the chef or not before farewell in ep7 at gym. Does either choice lead to any consequence?
Didn't play that option trough yet, but as far as I understood, if you refuse training with Tanaka the sex doesn't happen either.
consequences with Jaye and Mallory not, since that is kept secret, it's a save quickie so to say.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
Nice update. Fuck that was satisfying sticking a knife in that baldie dickheads chin :devilish:
The open relationship path was pretty fun but time for a Jaye solo one cos she is worth it.
Oh and as for realism in this game? it's a freaking AVN not a historical novel :LUL:

Reactions: Bantry

Fun Shaundi

Jun 24, 2021
This VN is about a MC that happens to be rich ad fuck. It's also about not only about cloning, in a way, but has fantastic scenarios, including an asian chef who happened to know how to fight....and with a very questionable (and fascinating) talent with coins.....
Most of the situations are plausible in a way, and in general the story has a serious tone, but it does have 'fantastic elements', so it's obvious it will have unrealistic situations where the MC is just lucky enough to survive a fight and be taught by a (fantastic magical) israeli ops soldier how to do it. And this game shares the same universe with another VN whose protagonist is best friends with a super filthy rich heir who is secretely a famous dj but she's also a scientifc genius and they're tryig to bring to life a cyborg (and said cyborg becomes online friends with Mallorys bff, who got 'cured' of autism...)

So dont read too much into it, some elements are there for pure entertainment, so of course theres gonna be 'out of the ordinary' and 'unrealistic' scenarios every once in a while.

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
yossa999 ; I can understand his point pretty well, is like the Movies, you see it but it is sooo unrealistic, It don't keep you from not seeing it, but it triggers a lot of chuckels.
As well, it is clarly a Drama component the whole set up, If the guy was after killing them, he would not have botherd with getting Mallory unconcious and handtied in first place he would have striked fast and silent and then focus on the other targets.

Reactions: yossa999

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
I think the same story with the David's merc friends.
Let's start with the fact that there are no mercenaries in Israel and the most you can be is to sign a contract with the IDF after your mandatory 3 years of service which is not mercenary work by any means and you definitely can't go off grid and fly to an enemy country with your service weapon and for sure you can't get assault rifles legally in Israel unless you are military or police or a security firm in some cases. Israel got some of the most draconian gun control laws in the west. You can just buy assault rifles in Walmart like in Texas.

kktcross

Jan 29, 2019
It's almost 100% is dropping sometime today... and that post was edited already. I'm communicating the best I can bud, there's dozens and dozens of new posts in the mod's thread. I don't know how to be more transparent than posting in realtime as I work.

When I started the update there's the issue of the VN going from RenPy v7 to v8 which took 24hrs (Saturday night and all day Sunday) to try and work out, then the thought was I was only updating what was there in v0.8 (Monday which was yesterday) but both I and the dev team found bugs... so we kept working. All of this is documented. I sincerely would think all that info no one would get anywhere else provide more than ample detail, right?
are you droping mod for current version v0-8 that is for download for couple of days already or droping today along devs new v0.8a? and if it sounded like i am "atacking" or blaming your then i sincerely apologize sir i am annoyed with devs and should not take it out on you...i just dont understand how can they half ass every update that after release its in need of ..a or ..b update with bug fix etc its pathetic simply pathetic.

lordfassa

Oct 19, 2021
so if i understand your intentions i just wasted my time downloading v0.8 in hopes you update mod... if you dont plan to update mod until v0.8a is out at least go and edit post with your mod and say instead 05/06/2023 - Note: Updating to v0.8 - Please be patient to not updating until next release from devs thx
edit : he apologized.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: kktcross

lordfassa

Oct 19, 2021
are you droping mod for current version v0-8 that is for download for couple of days already or droping today along devs new v0.8a? and if it sounded like i am "atacking" or blaming your then i sincerely apologize sir i am annoyed with devs and should not take it out on you...i just dont understand how can they half ass every update that after release its in need of ..a or ..b update with bug fix etc its pathetic simply pathetic.
theres a "beta" version on the mod page, page 13.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I understand your concerns bud, sincerely. If I released v0.8 the Player would have to completely replay Ch7 anyway (as noted in my original post you replied to). Regarding the updates, it wasn't by design and the bugs found were indeed intricate. Honestly though AAA console games that millions purchase for big money have an immediate update these days, right? If Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and others can't get their multi-million dollar operations together then I'd hardly be too rough on the little guys. I honestly believe the smaller teams work the hardest to bring correct and complete updates on the first try. The big boys ALWAYS release shit they know in advance will require massive multi-gig updates just to meet timelines and appease shareholders.

This is the world we've all helped create... remember the days of the PS2? You bought the game and it was done. No patches. Those days are long gone bud, I miss them too but yet here we are.

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Let's start with the fact that there are no mercenaries in Israel and the most you can be is to sign a contract with the IDF after your mandatory 3 years of service which is not mercenary work by any means and you definitely can't go off grid and fly to an enemy country with your service weapon and for sure you can't get assault rifles legally in Israel unless you are military or police or a security firm in some cases. Israel got some of the most draconian gun control laws in the west. You can just buy assault rifles in Walmart like in Texas.
Sorry if I sounded offensive, mercenary isn't the right word. I just read this as if they were retired ex-military but they showed up fully armed and equipped as a single unit so I assumed they worked for some security firm or something like that after they retired, probably overseas. These details remained unclear from the story, or I missed something. Anyway, in my opinion, this level of detail is beyond the scope of the AVN storyline. From the plot, I see that David was a veteran, a good friend and mentor, he had brothers-in-arms who were ready to help at his first call. It doesn't really matter where they got the arms, maybe they relocated to the country were it's legal or took it from the enemy on the spot.

Reactions: Fun Shaundi

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
I understand your concerns bud, sincerely. If I released v0.8 the Player would have to completely replay Ch7 anyway (as noted in my original post you replied to). Regarding the updates, it wasn't by design and the bugs found were indeed intricate. Honestly though AAA console games that millions purchase for big money have an immediate update these days, right? If Activision, EA, Ubisoft, and others can't get their multi-million dollar operations together then I'd hardly be too rough on the little guys. I honestly believe the smaller teams work the hardest to bring correct and complete updates on the first try. The big boys ALWAYS release shit they know in advance will require massive multi-gig updates just to meet timelines and appease shareholders.

This is the world we've all helped create... remember the days of the PS2? You bought the game and it was done. No patches. Those days are long gone bud, I miss them too but yet here we are.
I remember when games never required any updates or patches... how awesome those times were...

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I remember when games never required any updates or patches... how awesome those times were...
Right? GTA is the largest title franchise on the planet and now even years after being released it still gets fucking update patches... not all for shit for folks to buy in their damn store, but to make the game actually work.

That's an extreme comparison but puts in perspective that this VN has had about the least amount of required "fixes" of most of the leading VN's I'm aware of. This dev team is pretty tight... just (imho) made a curveball move upgrading the coding language version too far.. but I've beat that drum to death already so won't rehash it.

stenchlord

May 2, 2020
I just don't see a long-term harem with these two women. The open relationship feels like a white peace - a temporary respite from being forced to reach a final resolution - who the MC chooses. Truth though - if the MC Has to choose (and I think that choice is coming on fast) - it is still a damn near ultimate win-win scenario! I am a Jaye first MC but it's not like Mallory is a 5 to Jaye's 10...
I agree but it will be fun seeing if it's possible and I'll continue to go along this route for now and won't reroll my choice until I hit an end game screen or the game is finished.

Well just finished my replay including the latest chapter. I am on the J+M Open path. Thankfully I saved them both and seemed to live, thanks to a combo of Jaye(throat punch), David(mindset) and Chef's(defensive maneuvers)plus the prior Krav Maga training. Seems not everybody got the "goodish"(J and M seem not completely on board with the whole open arrangement but I won't go back to change my choices, I imagine, in the end, I will have to choose one but hopefully can keep the other as a close friend, I am guessing if forced to choose, I would have to go Jaye, I think it would hurt her even more than Mallory, who is in ways, tougher due to her traumas plus she will have Peanut, now that we had the "get Mal used to others touching her" sex scene) ending to the current build. Also glad that Vince is taking a dirt nap. I hope in the end, his employers end up dead also or at the very least sent to a maximum, pound them in the ass, prison, not Club Fed. Also thanks you to the devs for not making my MC wear an orange polo during the "Uncle Roger" scene. I enjoy his videos but I hate orange clothes.
This sounds pretty similar to what I got except Jaye didn't throat punch Vince, I took him out on my own and I didn't kill him, I figured we'd be able to get more information out of him if we left him alive.[/ISPOLER]

WastedTalent

Dec 11, 2020
Right? GTA is the largest title franchise on the planet and now even years after being released it still gets fucking update patches... not all for shit for folks to buy in their damn store, but to make the game actually work.

That's an extreme comparison but puts in perspective that this VN has had about the least amount of required "fixes" of most of the leading VN's I'm aware of. This dev team is pretty tight... just (imho) made a curveball move upgrading the coding language version too far.. but I've beat that drum to death already so won't rehash it.
Just curious you ever considered making a vn? As talented as you are at coding I bet it would be an awesome one.

iamnext

Feb 6, 2022
Guys I am having a hard time unlocking jaye's scene in 0.8 her love and trust stat is almost at Max, so any help would be appreciated

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Sorry if I sounded offensive, mercenary isn't the right word.
LOL why would it be offensive?
Anyway, you didnt miss anything, the story is just a bunch of Israeli ex IDF guys showed op with a plane and a bunch of weapons. I wonder how are they going to explain the box with the body to the government tho, as you need so much paper work filed to transport a dead body to Israel for burial purposes.

MF_DOOM

Mar 1, 2023
Bud, even my drawings of stick figures look like ink blots. No, it's not my thing. I'm no story teller without a glass of whiskey in my hand and sitting with folks on the porch swings. Then I'm a hoot.
You can always get together with other guys(Like Stone Fox did) and be the programmer and let someone else take care of the story and the graphics. It's probably a hard thing to do but it's doable I think.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes