4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Oh good, I had never seen that. Better than 2!
This is what they wrote in their latest Patreon post (29th June):

"Chapter 8 says goodbye to Tonalu and sets up the final two chapters in Boston.

As always, updates will become more frequent the closer we get to chapter release.

Once again, Kentyrr and I are humbled by your support and grateful you've come along with us for the ride.

As the Chasing Sunsets story approaches its penultimate chapter, keep checking back for announcements about what Stone Fox has lined up next! "

THIS IS WHAT THEY WROTE. Meaning? I daresay it's NOT 100% clear.

The truth is that their first sentence is open to 2 different interpretations:

1) chapter 8 will be the last chapter in Tonalu, therefore we'll have chapter 9 and 10 set in Boston;
2) characters are leaving Tonalu (have they already left? is the final hospital scene set in a Boston hospital?) and chapter 8 is (mostly?) set in Boston, therefore chapter 9 is the last chapter.

The last sentence tells they're "approaching" the penultimate chapter. Should I interpret "approaching the penultimate chapter" as "next chapter is the penultimate chapter"?

Approach (verb): 1. come near or nearer to (someone or something) in distance or time. "the train approached the main line"

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
This is what they wrote in their latest Patreon post (29th June):

"Chapter 8 says goodbye to Tonalu and sets up the final two chapters in Boston.

As always, updates will become more frequent the closer we get to chapter release.

Once again, Kentyrr and I are humbled by your support and grateful you've come along with us for the ride.

As the Chasing Sunsets story approaches its penultimate chapter, keep checking back for announcements about what Stone Fox has lined up next! "

THIS IS WHAT THEY WROTE. Meaning? I daresay it's NOT 100% clear.

The truth is that their first sentence is open to 2 different interpretations:

1) chapter 8 will be the last chapter in Tonalu, therefore we'll have chapter 9 and 10 set in Boston;
2) characters are leaving Tonalu (have they already left? is the final hospital scene set in a Boston hospital?) and chapter 8 is (mostly?) set in Boston, therefore chapter 9 is the last chapter.

The last sentence tells they're "approaching" the penultimate chapter. Should I interpret "approaching the penultimate chapter" as "next chapter is the penultimate chapter"?

Approach (verb): 1. come near or nearer to (someone or something) in distance or time. "the train approached the main line"
I don't think it's all that ambiguous, Otto. Chapter 8 is the subject of the sentence and we're told it "sets up the final two chapters." Unless we think Chapter 8 is somehow setting up itself, there must be two separate chapters to follow. Now I suppose there could technically be a whole bunch of extra chapters between Chapter 8 and the final two chapters, but I think the meaning is clear.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I don't think it's all that ambiguous, Otto. Chapter 8 is the subject of the sentence and we're told it "sets up the final two chapters." Unless we think Chapter 8 is somehow setting up itself, there must be two separate chapters to follow. Now I suppose there could technically be a whole bunch of extra chapters between Chapter 8 and the final two chapters, but I think the meaning is clear.
Well... technically, grammar and lexicon shouldn't be ambiguous. Words have a meaning: "penultimate" means "penultimate", "final" means "final" and "approach" means "approach".

They wrote that chapter 8 is the penultimate chapter, but I'm betting my ass that they're gonna say that they meant "approaching" in a kinda poetical sense: they're "approaching" it, like a sort of a distant goal at the end of the rainbow.

Reactions: hawk784563

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Well... technically, grammar and lexicon shouldn't be ambiguous. Words have a meaning: "penultimate" means "penultimate", "final" means "final" and "approach" means "approach".

They wrote that chapter 8 is the penultimate chapter, but I'm betting my ass that they're gonna say that they meant "approaching" in a kinda poetical sense: they're "approaching" it, like a sort of a distant goal at the end of the rainbow.
Here's exactly what they wrote.
Chasing Sunsets Ch8 Dev Update #2
You clean up nicely, Mr. Campbell...

View attachment 2733533

Happy Summer!

With the weather heats up, so does the development cycle here at Stone Fox.

Chapter 8 is progressing with no speedbumps so far, and a focus on showcasing some relationships that may have been simmering in the background for a while now.

That doesn't mean there won't be quality time for our two main girls as well!

Kent has over 500 renders complete covering the first four scenes of Chapter 8, and is taking next week off from his day job with the intent of testing what full-time development feels like.

Sound and music selection are nearly complete, and Kent has managed to resolve some issues with some models that were causing us genital asset headaches.

As for features, we are looking mostly interface tweaks this time around. The named save function is a little finicky with character input, and I'm looking at cleaning up a few other items.

Chapter 8 says goodbye to Tonalu and sets up the final two chapters in Boston.

As the Chasing Sunsets story approaches its penultimate chapter, keep checking back for announcements about what Stone Fox has lined up next!
What you've done is mix up the meanings of 2 separate paragraphs separated by 2 additional paragraphs in between. Words have meanings, but just as equally, paragraphs have meanings too. 2 paragraphs separated by 2 additional paragraphs in between means it's not one continuous thought.

So no, they DIDN'T write that Chapter 8 is the penultimate chapter. That's only your misinterpretation of what they wrote by mixing up the meanings of 2 different sentences.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
Here's exactly what they wrote.

What you've done is mix up the meanings of 2 separate paragraphs separated by 2 additional paragraphs in between. Words have meanings, but just as equally, paragraphs have meanings too. 2 paragraphs separated by 2 additional paragraphs in between means it's not one continuous thought.

So no, they DIDN'T write that Chapter 8 is the penultimate chapter. That's only your misinterpretation of what they wrote by mixing up the meanings of 2 different sentences.
Are you a lawyer?

Honestly, what they told doesn't really matter.

Philly had announced that City of Broken Dreamers was going to have 12 chapters. Now they're already 14, and we're not sure whether 15 is going to be the last one. Just an example.

They can change idea as much as they want, as long as they stop ruining their game by adding pointless cameos from unfinished VNs.

Last edited:

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022
I wonder how many players are going for both Mallory/Jaye route, and now we have a throuple Mallory and her friend this could end very badly I hope getting stabbed earns some sympathy points :HideThePain::HideThePain:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
Are you a lawyer?
You were the one bloviating that "words have meanings" but now that the table has turned you don't like it?

Philly had announced that City of Broken Dreamers was going to have 12 chapters. Now they're already 14, and we're not sure whether 15 is going to be the last one. Just an example.
Maybe it's just me not paying enough attention but I don't recall anything about Philly announcing CoBD having 12 chapters. There was a quote about being "around the half way point" after 7 chapters and some people mistook that as a confirmation that there would only be 14 chapters. But it was never meant that way, let alone only 12 chapters.

Reactions: ename144

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
Maybe it's just me not paying enough attention but I don't recall anything about Philly announcing CoBD having 12 chapters. There was a quote about being "around the half way point" after 7 chapters and some people mistook that as a confirmation that there would only be 14 chapters. But it was never meant that way, let alone only 12 chapters.
That and the fact that Philly is not SFS. It's silly using another dev as a metric to judge another. They both probably have their own roadmaps. Philly's game and how he goes about making it has absolutely nothing to do with Chasing Sunsets.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
14 chapters was always planned for CoBD but it will be 15 (and maybe a follow up epilogue).

But as Jericho said, it has absolutely no bearing on this VN.........

Reactions: Jericho85

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
Damn, every thread is just a discussion? It is not up to us when there will be an update. Of course, I'm also waiting for updates for more games, but I'm not going to get ahead by crying.
It's summer, it's hot, I understand that everyone is a bit aggressive... but it will pass...

Lostanddamned

Engaged Member
Mar 29, 2019
Jaye only. There is no other option. :LOL:;):p
LizaS have you been praying while you are away? :unsure::Kappa:

Our red-head, who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Queendom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us today's Lisa ending.
And forgive us our sins,
as we forgive those who sins against us.
And lead us not into only MGs ending,
but deliver us a Lisa/Tara ending.

"Jaye is love, Jaye is life"
Amen.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
In what chapter do we leave the bar and the action starts happening in the present? I missed this somehow.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes