4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
You definitely need a Jaye route, it's even mandatory. Or it's also good if there's only him.
Jaye is a Goddess, remember :love:
I have a Jaye solo only. It sucks you can barely be friends with Mal on that route due to missing out on all those points.

Reactions: Acsuka

cooties69

Jul 3, 2022
So this seems to be a shared universe game, is the a "canon" order to the games? And if possible can I get either likes to the other ones, or an easy search term?

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
So this seems to be a shared universe game, is the a "canon" order to the games? And if possible can I get either likes to the other ones, or an easy search term?
Not shure if I get your question right, these are 3 independent games with own storys and characters, the only thing, is that the dev know each other and feature "cameos" on each other games, latest is in this game where one of the characters has an chat via internet with one of the characters, there is also fan art that shows them together like in my profile pic it is DJ Kink (Artemis) with Lexi from (Leap of Faith)

Reactions: PaxHadrian17

qvcatullus

Sep 17, 2020
They reference each other but there's no order. It's mostly just a sort of friendly cooperation by devs where they reference each others' games, mostly for fun. The other games are here if you search for the title.

There's a significant mutual shoutout between this game and Leap of Faith; Jaye appears for a bit in that game where the main character gets to have a chat with her, and she gets a selfie with the rock star in that game that shows up in CS. There's another connection to Summer Scent; doing the Jaye route will have the characters from that game show up in CS, while Jaye meets them for dinner in SS; there's also the running joke about the "naughty French captain" in CS, since the dev of SS is "Naughty Captain" and is French. There is a tiny crossover with Artemis in a scene where Amanda is chatting online with someone who turns out to be from that game.

There are also other crossovers in those other games that extend the universe further. Leap of Faith crosses over a lot with Artemis, with a lot of jokes that both games use the same base model for their main characters. LoF also crosses over with a new game by the same dev, u4ia, since one love interest in that game is a character in LoF. LoF also crosses over with some others; there's a cameo by a character from STWA Unbroken, and the end scene has a concert with tons of crossover guests, but that's more of a funny than a canonical shared universe. There are no doubt more.

All of the ones I've mentioned are good games, worth playing. My one warning if you go into them knowing nothing is that Leap of Faith is spectacular, but it's a game that is absolutely an emotional gut punch; if you are feeling fragile, leave it for later. The game is best if you don't spoil it at all, but it confronts severe mental health issues and doesn't pull punches. You'll have a sense by the end of chapter 1 if you'll be okay, but chapter 6 (of 8) in particular is crazy dark from beginning to end, so consider not playing it if you're struggling. That said, it's a great game, maybe my favourite (though CS gives it a good run honestly); it's genuinely a great story that is good at using comic relief and sex to relieve the heaviness some (indeed, one of the main characters even meta-references that) and is the best "novel" as literature I've seen in AVNs -- definitely some dropped plot lines and things that I wish were a bit cleaner, and it's a good example of the danger of too many romance paths in one story. Honestly, I wish there was a less NC17 version I could get friends who don't do AVNs to play because I really want to talk with someone in real life about that game.

Barrazin

Oct 27, 2022
So this seems to be a shared universe game
No, it's just a matter of creators supporting eachother and making cameos, it's not an actual shared universe, more like some winking shoutouts.

It's why Jaye and Kink from Artemis appear in Leap of Faith and why Lexi is shocked to see the MC in Artemis.

Oct 10, 2022
No, it's just a matter of creators supporting eachother and making cameos, it's not an actual shared universe, more like some winking shoutouts.

It's why Jaye and Kink from Artemis appear in Leap of Faith and why Lexi is shocked to see the MC in Artemis.
I think it is safe to assume, at least, Artemis and LoF is shared universe. We could say Chasing Sunset ones are cameos but DJ KinK is part of LoF universe and Lexi is part of Artemis universe.

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
pretty sure all devs agreed on it being a single universe that encompasses the 3 games. as for a timeline of cameos, what i could comeup with is, in order from oldest to most recent in timeline:

1- Jaye in Summer Scent since she mentions her parents as still being alive (although i consider this AVN as not being part of the shared universe, imma add it here for continuity)

2- Jaye at the harbor in Leap of Faith where she talks to the LoF MC and takes a selfie with Lexi.

3- Lexi's selfie with Jaye is sent to Tara.

4- DJ Kink (Kindra) appears in LoF and kisses the MC, mistaking him for the ARTEMIS MC

5- Kindra calls Lexi to ask for a favor and shows her the ARTEMIS MC, telling her she "also had one at home" and Lexi mistakes him for the LoF MC (meaning this cameo is after a "Lexi Ending" in LoF, however that doesn't mean this is the canon ending)

6- In Ch.7 of Chasing Sunsets, Artemis talks to Amanda in a group chat.

7- The Siblings from Summer Scent talk with Jaye on advice with her "relationship" (again i personally don't consider this game as part of the shared universe)

Unknown point- Christine (Sea) LoF MC's half-sister appears in U4IA, still clumsy as ever (this i may consider as part of the shared universe since it's a direct sequel to LoF), Jaye and Mallory in Single Again, Lexi and Cece in Fog of War, Cece in Dreams of Reality.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes