4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
In what chapter do we leave the bar and the action starts happening in the present? I missed this somehow.
You mean in the past? Alex is still in the bar during present time. The story is still being told to Walter, despite not cutting to the bar scenes. Those scenes end in early chapter 1, just before the funeral.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: alex13_zen

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
You mean in the past? Alex is still in the bar during present time. The story is still being told to Walter, despite not cutting to the bar scenes. Those scenes end in early chapter 1, just before the funeral.
So everything is a damn flashback... it all seems less important this way. BaDIK does this stupid thing too though at least there all the images shown are from the past, no stupid Walter.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: JosephH151

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
What difference does it make? We are still shaping the story with our choices.
A part of me doesn't like knowing that everything has already happened. I simply can't get as invested in the story as much, though Jaye's loveliness will surely make it better :)

If for example we'd see the MC telling the story to some children, we'd wonder if they were his, and who the mother was. It's not original ofc but it would add something. But the way this storytelling device was used by the dev - what value does it add?

Jul 1, 2022
If everything is a flashback then how does that explain one of the bad endings where everyone dies on the boat? Is he telling his story from an afterlife?

• Haha
Reactions: alex13_zen

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020
A part of me doesn't like knowing that everything has already happened. I simply can't get as invested in the story as much, though Jaye's loveliness will surely make it better :)

If for example we'd see the MC telling the story to some children, we'd wonder if they were his, and who the mother was. It's not original ofc but it would add something. But the way this storytelling device was used by the dev - what value does it add?
If everything is a flashback then how does that explain one of the bad endings where everyone dies on the boat? Is he telling his story from an afterlife?
The story he tells differs according to the choices we make, since we are shaping it it's not really relevant that it's all a flashback since the story will differ based on our choices.

It's just a way of telling the story, that's all.

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
He isn't. Walter has been hallucinating all this time o_O
Alex was never there in the first place, and Angelo technically didn't see Alex either. Walter only shouted he had a guest. Dun-dun-dun.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
You know, I pointed this out once I got that outcome first time I played, the inconsistency. Stoya mentioned something like "we can assume the MC never died in that case". Would be nice to have gotten a game-over scene like the one at the end of CH4. Nice to imagine how it'd have played out.

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
This brings me back to my original question: if the flashback ended, when did that occur? I don't remember seeing or reading anything in this regard. Though I do like to have a few beers when playing AVNs, especially now in the summer :)

Oct 10, 2022
This brings me back to my original question: if the flashback ended, when did that occur? I don't remember seeing or reading anything in this regard. Though I do like to have a few beers when playing AVNs, especially now in the summer :)
Wait, what? I thought that talk was before everything started. Like just after funeral and let us the catch up and after that was preset time. :unsure::confused:

Oct 10, 2022
Nope. The entire bar section takes place in CH10, according to devs. CH10 will probably reach present time then. The CH4 gameover is another indication of this section taking place in present time.
Oh I did not know that. What I thought he came back to town, went to funeral and after that to bar. Then next morning, story caught up the present. :confused: If that was not the case, I also am wondering what is the explanation for bad endings too.:unsure:

• Thinking Face

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
Oh I did not know that. What I thought he came back to town, went to funeral and after that to bar. Then next morning, story caught up the present. :confused: If that was not the case, I also am wondering what is the explanation for bad endings too.:unsure:
The only explanation I can think of is that Alex showing up at the pub is retconned in that particular ending. I know that doesn’t make sense in a story-perspective, but there it is. Temporal paradox?:O

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
Just checked the walkthrough, there are 3 separate situations when you can get a game-over.
The first is if you let Jaye drown and the last is in the fight at the end when you need one of these to survive: agreed to learn defensive techniques from Tanaka or got Jaye's back with Christian. Not sure about the second, the conditions are more complicated.

Anyway, maybe a retcon in an older chapter is plausible. But one in the most recent chapter? Something doesn't add up. And it's definitely not chef Tanaka's spare change :LOL:

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
Just checked the walkthrough, there are 3 separate situations when you can get a game-over.
The first is if you let Jaye drown and the last is in the fight at the end when you need one of these to survive: agreed to learn defensive techniques from Tanaka or got Jaye's back with Christian. Not sure about the second, the conditions are more complicated.

Anyway, maybe a retcon in an older chapter is plausible. But one in the most recent chapter? Something doesn't add up. And it's definitely not chef Tanaka's spare change :LOL:
The second ending is you double-timing Jaye and Mal. Both serious relationships, not open ones.

Last edited:

alex13_zen

Sep 30, 2019
The second ending is you double-timing Jaye and Mal. Both serious relationships, not open ones.
So if I stay away from everyone but Jaye it will be considered serious (non-open)? This seems like a big deal, looks like I need a new playthrough for Jaye only.

JosephH151

Apr 25, 2023
So if I stay away from everyone but Jaye it will be considered serious (non-open)? This seems like a big deal, looks like I need a new playthrough for Jaye only.
You can choose which relationship to have. You’re OK if you have a serious relationship with one and an open relationship with the other, I believe(?) No bad ending. Having an open one with both also works. They are choices you, yourself, can make when presented with them in CH6

Last edited:

Acsuka

Mar 25, 2023
You definitely need a Jaye route, it's even mandatory. Or it's also good if there's only him.
Jaye is a Goddess, remember :love:

• Red Heart
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes