4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Chasing Sunsets Chapter 9 Development Cycle 10 Update

Kentyrr and I have been hard at work on Chapter 9 since shortly after the Chapter 8 launch in November.

Obviously, the holidays are a busy time for us both, but that hasn't prevented us from hitting the ground running for the penultimate update to Chasing Sunsets!
Threads will continue to converge until the end of the chapter brings us to the threshhold of the story's long-awaited conclusion.
For those who would have liked more Mallory and Jaye in the last chapter, you'll be happy to know that they return with a vengeance in our next update!
Chapter 9, tentatively titled "Chain Reaction, returns the cast to the US with the inheritance resolved, but looming uncertainties ahead.
What was on that flash drive? Will Jaye or Mallory draw lines in the sand for their affections? Will others MC has met along the way make a play for his own?
Speaking as the storysmith, I can say with significant excitement that Chapter 9 will contain several scenes I've waited a very long time to see visualized.
As of this writing, we are nearly 300 renders and three scenes into Chapter 9 from a development perspective. We have a lot to wrap up in the last two instalments, so it's hard to know for sure what the total render count will be for the update overall, but we won't put a fork in it until we've achieved all of the worldstates necessary to deliver the endings.

Chapter 9 will also see UI and feature refinements, as well as represent the beginning of our modernization and refinement effort on dated animations.
I've begun music selection earlier in the cycle than usual, and have inquiries for song licensing out to several artists which I hope will come through.
With the finish line in sight, our motivation to stick the landing has never been higher!
We'll keep you all updated as the development cycle progresses, and don't forget to check the #Previews channel in our Discord for exclusive sneak peeks at what we've got in the oven for you!

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Chasing Sunsets Chapter 9 Development Cycle 10 Update

Kentyrr and I have been hard at work on Chapter 9 since shortly after the Chapter 8 launch in November.

Obviously, the holidays are a busy time for us both, but that hasn't prevented us from hitting the ground running for the penultimate update to Chasing Sunsets!
Threads will continue to converge until the end of the chapter brings us to the threshhold of the story's long-awaited conclusion.
For those who would have liked more Mallory and Jaye in the last chapter, you'll be happy to know that they return with a vengeance in our next update!
Chapter 9, tentatively titled "Chain Reaction, returns the cast to the US with the inheritance resolved, but looming uncertainties ahead.
What was on that flash drive? Will Jaye or Mallory draw lines in the sand for their affections? Will others MC has met along the way make a play for his own?
Speaking as the storysmith, I can say with significant excitement that Chapter 9 will contain several scenes I've waited a very long time to see visualized.
As of this writing, we are nearly 300 renders and three scenes into Chapter 9 from a development perspective. We have a lot to wrap up in the last two instalments, so it's hard to know for sure what the total render count will be for the update overall, but we won't put a fork in it until we've achieved all of the worldstates necessary to deliver the endings.

Chapter 9 will also see UI and feature refinements, as well as represent the beginning of our modernization and refinement effort on dated animations.
I've begun music selection earlier in the cycle than usual, and have inquiries for song licensing out to several artists which I hope will come through.
With the finish line in sight, our motivation to stick the landing has never been higher!
We'll keep you all updated as the development cycle progresses, and don't forget to check the #Previews channel in our Discord for exclusive sneak peeks at what we've got in the oven for you!

it was of course predictable that the game's 2 LIs would have more space in the next chapter after being sidelined in the last one.

But the announcement that the other encountered characters might also manifest is less comfortable. Liza and Tara we know are basically out of the picture. Fiona is really strange that aside from sending the dildo she has basically disappeared, so will it be mother and daughter's turn to come down the mountain? we shall see

Deleted member 6168082

Jun 5, 2023
Is this game finished? ver 0.9a only right, because I don't see the label "Completed".
The game is set to have 10 Chapters.

From the Dev

"There were originally going to be 9 chapters, but we ran out of runway, and decided to add a 10th. So Prologue + 10 chapters, or 3 to go!"

The game is on Chapter 8 (the 0.9a doesn't mean Chapter 9) so, not too long before the end.

I imagine the version number will be 1.0
Yeah, completed games have 1.0 or above (plus it having the completed tag) Just check out the completed games list.

FunkyMunky60

Jul 9, 2022
Devs have suggested that apart from Jaye & Mallory, others who the MC has met along the way may make a play for the MC’s affections in the remaining chapters. Difficult to say who they could be referring to. Lisa & Tara jump straight to mind, but as both of them are to feature as LIs in the Dev’s next game, I think they can be ruled out. Others are not really serious prospects…Fiona fell off the radar long ago…nothing much developed with Kaili…Rinko’s pretty much been established as a friend with benefits…Linda’s content has been restricted to early game & according to Erica she’s rekindled her relationship with hubby. As for Erica, she’s not a deeply fleshed out character, and despite the suggestion in Ch 8 that she may well drop in to see MC in Boston, it’s hard to imagine anything big developing. So that leaves Amanda and Bianca. Hard to tell with Amanda… but she consistently gets content in the game, and if she keeps transitioning to “normality” and keeps working closely with MC in dismantling the insider ring, things may further develop between them. Bianca may well also be a candidate for making a play for the MC. She featured prominently in Ch 8 and her relocation to Boston at the invitation of MC will definitely set the stage for more interactions between them. One thing’s for certain … the next update won’t arrive soon enough!

Reactions: Walter Victor

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
Devs have suggested that apart from Jaye & Mallory, others who the MC has met along the way may make a play for the MC’s affections in the remaining chapters. Difficult to say who they could be referring to. Lisa & Tara jump straight to mind, but as both of them are to feature as LIs in the Dev’s next game, I think they can be ruled out. Others are not really serious prospects…Fiona fell off the radar long ago…nothing much developed with Kaili…Rinko’s pretty much been established as a friend with benefits…Linda’s content has been restricted to early game & according to Erica she’s rekindled her relationship with hubby. As for Erica, she’s not a deeply fleshed out character, and despite the suggestion in Ch 8 that she may well drop in to see MC in Boston, it’s hard to imagine anything big developing. So that leaves Amanda and Bianca. Hard to tell with Amanda… but she consistently gets content in the game, and if she keeps transitioning to “normality” and keeps working closely with MC in dismantling the insider ring, things may further develop between them. Bianca may well also be a candidate for making a play for the MC. She featured prominently in Ch 8 and her relocation to Boston at the invitation of MC will definitely set the stage for more interactions between them. One thing’s for certain … the next update won’t arrive soon enough!
You are discounting Mom coming back from faking their accident :cautious: :Kappa:

felicemastronzo

Devoted Member
May 17, 2020
Fiona in my opinion has every right to raid. She has been his bedfellow and has never been officially left

Reactions: EndlessNights
4.60 star(s) 308 Votes