4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Dude, did you even read the story and recognized her mental state? She doesn't work "normal" from our "normal people" POV but when you see her actions towards the people she cares for, you can see she's not an asshole or self-centered. She just have a big problem with boundaries because of her two decades living with Rett Syndrome.
Of course I've read the story, that's why I find her "poor little disabled girl" schitck so infuriating!

We're TOLD that the cured Amanda has no social skills of her own and will need to rely on her friends to develop them. That's not an unreasonable request at all. But look at what actually happens in game: we never get a chance to teach her better skills because she will invariably call out the latest transgression herself, then opine at length about how the rule she's breaking is silly and she doesn't need to follow it anyway. Amanda's social skills are just fine, she simply likes the excuse to misbehave.

I suppose you could argue there's a difference between recognizing a rule and having the discipline to follow it, that Amanda's problem is less about social skills than it is about impulse control. That might make sense, but if so we really ought to be able to push back a lot harder when she starts rationalizing her misbehavior.

As for treating the people she cares about differently, that may be true but it's largely irrelevant. As they say, even evil has loved ones. And frankly, I still see more than a little asshole in how she treats her friends. But just to make this clear, I'm not saying Amanda is evil or malicious, just that she's an unpleasant person I wouldn't want to spend time with.

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Oh, common... You can't be serious on this one here. I've read postings from you on other threads and you don't seemed to me as one who don't understand mental disabilities. Amanda has a lot of problems, but you called her an asshole and self-centered. That's not how she is. If she was self-centered, she wouldn't search for MC and Lisa, and she wouldn't have guilty conscience because of MC being stabbed when Mallory was trapped on the boat. Sure, she has no boundaries and her social skills aren't really evolved, but she sure cares for her social circle.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
Oh, common... You can't be serious on this one here. I've read postings from you on other threads and you don't seemed to me as one who don't understand mental disabilities. Amanda has a lot of problems, but you called her an asshole and self-centered. That's not how she is. If she was self-centered, she wouldn't search for MC and Lisa, and she wouldn't have guilty conscience because of MC being stabbed when Mallory was trapped on the boat. Sure, she has no boundaries and her social skills aren't really evolved, but she sure cares for her social circle.
We're going to have to agree to disagree on this. Being self-centered doesn't mean that she's megalomaniacal (that IS a joke) or completely incapable of empathy, it just means she sees herself as the center of the world - that other people are only "real" to the extent she cares about them. And IMHO she does behave that way.

If you want to say that's latent fallout from her illness, fine; I have no way to dispute that. But the game certainly doesn't treat Amanda as though she's still suffering from a long term malady. It treats her as our zany best buddy, the very soul of wit and guile. So that's how I judge her.

Reactions: Alfred the Fallen

VaderExMachina

Nov 21, 2022
Ummm, because she's a self-centered, entitled asshole who also happens to be the author's pet?

She pretends to be unconscious for hours - knowing her best friend is tearing herself apart! - just to get a jump scare. She constantly flouts social norms - norms she'll helpfully point out just to remind you she is aware of them - because she's far too special to be bound by politeness or respect. She damn near derails Mallory's path by tricking Mal into one of the most awkward sleep fondling sessions I've seen, then helps her self to an uninvited peepshow if it somehow leads to sex. She stalks and sexually harasses the MC constantly, and we aren't even allowed to frown at her, much less tell her to fuck off. And of course she's the one who has to step in and save the big dumb MC from the Prizer conspiracy, because only her super-savant-brain could possibly execute a scheme as diabolically clever as "confront the stooge with evidence and demand he spill the beans" - and that's assuming you talk her out of the assault and battery felicemastronzo mentioned.

I know Amanda is meant to be goofy, sexy fun, but I just find her insufferable. The game would be so much better off without the time wasted on her endless bullshit.
so... she's a female version of Sheldon Cooper?

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

Razrback16

Jul 20, 2020
Hey guys I apologize if this has been asked recently - I've lost track of this story a smidge since it's been a bit since the last chapter, but with the next update coming soon I just wanted to re-familiarize - with all the DNA testing that was going on with Jaye, Mallory, etc. was there a final verdict on familial relations between Jaye and MC?

Thank you in advance.

Kirel

Mar 18, 2018
Hey guys I apologize if this has been asked recently - I've lost track of this story a smidge since it's been a bit since the last chapter, but with the next update coming soon I just wanted to re-familiarize - with all the DNA testing that was going on with Jaye, Mallory, etc. was there a final verdict on familial relations between Jaye and MC?

Thank you in advance.
No, it was intentionally left ambiguous.

Reactions: Razrback16

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018

Thank you in advance.
The *official* report is that the MC and Jaye are not siblings. But as soon as the Patreon inspector noted that down and left the room, we got a post-credits scene where the lab technicians imply they might have accidentally tested Amanda's DNA instead of Jaye's...

In other words, make up whatever story you prefer.

Jonmanchu

Apr 15, 2024
No hate to the developers but since they said it will be out by the weekend i was curious if it is gonna release any time soon since it missed the deadline twice.M a fan of the game so asked it out of excitement

PaxHadrian17

Sep 8, 2020
No hate to the developers but since they said it will be out by the weekend i was curious if it is gonna release any time soon since it missed the deadline twice.M a fan of the game so asked it out of excitement
They did not say it would be out by the weekend.

Here is part of the Dev Log I posted on August 9, 2020:

Here's what's left to do:
  • Re-dialoguing one scene that didn't quite hit the note we were looking for (about 100 lines)
  • One animation remains pending
  • End-of-Chapter Summary update
  • Music finalization
  • Achievement and image unlock finalization and testing
  • Beta and feedback-based fixes/refinements

The bulk of this can be completed tomorrow and Friday night. We expect to be in beta this weekend, with a great chance of release the following week.

So - high chance of a release sometime this week, and if they find something 'big' that needs to be fixed, they will tell us in another dev log.

Cheers!! :coffee:

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes