4.60 star(s) 308 Votes

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
What? Wasn't the aim for the final chapter the end of 2024? They moved it forward by 7 months? Wtf?
Well, this chapter was supposed to be out in July...

Who knows if the chapter will be out by the end of August.

The final chapter will use tons of care and will probably take longer than this one.

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
What? Wasn't the aim for the final chapter the end of 2024? They moved it forward by 7 months? Wtf?
They did say that originally, I moved it forward, because this one was was supposed to be July, and it's going to be a few months late. (That's not a complaint). Add in the tidying up for final chapter, I wouldn't expect it before June. But, I'd be very happy to be wrong. Poor choice of words by me in the original post. I edited it.

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
They did say that originally, I moved it forward, because this one was was supposed to be July, and it's going to be a few months late. (That's not a complaint). Add in the tidying up for final chapter, I wouldn't expect it before June. But, I'd be very happy to be wrong. Poor choice of words by me in the original post. I edited it.
not gonna lie im 1/2 tempted to skip this next update and wait till the last one is out unless the next update is really good or something. With my backlog and everything doubt i'll notice the wait very much with this one, I already skipped the last update on accident.

Reactions: Malicre

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
not gonna lie im 1/2 tempted to skip this next update and wait till the last one is out unless the next update is really good or something. With my backlog and everything doubt i'll notice the wait very much with this one, I already skipped the last update on accident.
This one is supposed to be a BIG one. I don't know exactly about renders or such, but it is apparently the biggest update yet and all the pathing is all supposed to be sorting itself out. So I will play it and get all my paths sorted out ready for the big finale. :)

Dessolos

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 25, 2017
This one is supposed to be a BIG one. I don't know exactly about renders or such, but it is apparently the biggest update yet and all the pathing is all supposed to be sorting itself out. So I will play it and get all my paths sorted out ready for the big finale. :)
well I might wait till others play and ask since im not gonna replay it anytime soon unless I push other games to the side and I need to redo all my saves. So if it's like mind blowing good / amazing then i'll play it right away but if it's just good I'd probably wait I think just to replay all paths in 1 go.

Reactions: MiltonPowers

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
I know I'm not going to be able to hold off. I just want to get back to my girls (all of them!)

alain8891

Dec 18, 2023
next chapter is to be released in a few days (it’s with the beta testers since yesterday) and the final one is due by the end of 2024. This is the schedule the dev have announced and there’s no reason to doubt it…

Reactions: vireker

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
next chapter is to be released in a few days (it’s with the beta testers since yesterday) and the final one is due by the end of 2024. This is the schedule the dev have announced and there’s no reason to doubt it…
I think the idea is that the devs announced July for the update we're currently waiting on, and there's no reason to doubt that... Milton's just being realistic, but it would be great to see it completed this year. If it's a little longer than that... that's okay too.

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
Like mintymuz said it wasn't a bitch, I really wasn't complaining. Waiting doesn't bother me, it comes, when it comes. As long as their is communication (which their is), I am happy. I was just doing some maths (poorly), that if this one got delayed, the next one will get pushed back as well. I hope I'm wrong, cause I can't wait to hang out with Mallory again, but I usually err on the longer side in my thinking.

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
A few months late? Says who? The last dev log from a week ago said "We expect to be in beta this weekend, with a great chance of release the following week."
Chasing Sunsets Ch9 - Beta Imminent - Dev Log 080824
View attachment 3912354

Fuck these slackers!
As promised, I will update every week until we have a release ready.
Since last week, we have completed all static art, and have all art successfully folded into the script. We identified a continuity error that required a small scene augment, and we've re-rendered the entire crossover scene because of an error with another developer's asset settings (causing her to look non-canon.)
Here's what's left to do:
  • Re-dialoguing one scene that didn't quite hit the note we were looking for (about 100 lines)
  • One animation remains pending
  • End-of-Chapter Summary update
  • Music finalization
  • Achievement and image unlock finalization and testing
  • Beta and feedback-based fixes/refinements

The bulk of this can be completed tomorrow and Friday night. We expect to be in beta this weekend, with a great chance of release the following week.
We'll post it here immediately if anything happens to change that.
Once again, thank you for your patience, and we'll be happy to ship this instalment as soon as it's ready.

Cheers!! :coffee:

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I think the idea is that the devs announced July for the update we're currently waiting on, and there's no reason to doubt that... Milton's just being overly dramatic about the length of delay, but it would be great to see it completed this year. If it's a little longer than that... that's okay too.
There. Fixed it for you. You're welcome.

mintymuz

Apr 8, 2024
There. Fixed it for you. You're welcome.
Yeah, it wasn't broken, but thanks for the effort. I think you've massively misjudged the sentiment, which tends to happen when you just jump in. No one's being overly dramatic, or they weren't until you decided to go off as if Milton had said the most hideous thing possible. Just chill out and enjoy the game.

4.60 star(s) 308 Votes