Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
This is Moooing kind of rare, like out there bleeding into your lips with iron flavor.
To be fair, you play this game with a profusely bleeding heart,throbbing incessantly with hope and bulging confidence.
MC was beat and distraught when he left his family high and dry and he found solace in the little things.
People in places where he did not look or expect to be, they turned his life around and gave his the nod that he was still a man child whom some particularly strung out honnies would straddle and defile in the most ravishing way in their minds and, with a coupios amount of game magic, in their arms and between their legs and on top of their bosoms and ...
Pretty surprised by the overall feel of the ending. Even knowing that there is an epilogue still to come, it felt a little under-cooked to me.
Devs know it as they full on disclosed there are loose ends purposefully left untied in this version as the epilogue will strangle them all ... hopefully, unless some get away and we are left with ... a neveending story: Roll Credits.
”Chapter 9 will lock in the player's ending,
which will be explored in greater detail in the final content update hopefully by the end of this year.

There are still some story lines left to wrap up in the next update,
as well as some exposition on how things will evolve for characters
as the ripple effects of their decisions expand both through family,
friendships, and even the world.”

Last edited:

Barrazin

Oct 27, 2022
I just did all 3 romance endings and....yeah it's painfully obvious that the dev wants you to stick with Jaye.

If you go full manwhore you get almost all of the sex scenes and you still get Jaye.

If you're loyal to Jaye and get enough points with Mallory you can still get the throuple ending.

On the other hand, Mallory's great, but there is not a lot of reward in just being loyal to her.

Aug 15, 2017
I'm not particularly in the mood to debate, but I will throw in my two cents: I enjoyed the game, but I was also disappointed. It wasn't just this update. The last two have felt rushed—ever since the stabbing on the yacht. I cannot even fully articulate why. Perhaps it is just my expectations, but I don't even know what I was expecting. I hope the epilogues help alleviate that.

I'm going for Mallory route. Why does it immediately jump to Amanda threesome? What choice did I make for that to happen? Is there a way to avoid it?

EDIT: I also tried to have as low points with Jaye as possible without trying to kill her in the boat, but it doesn't change anything to the story.
That threesome is scripted, but you can reject it. You can choose something like "End This" followed by "I'm not wired that way." It is the only threesome in the game, so in that sense, it doesn't have much of an impact, but it will determine whether you get the Mallory ending OR the Mallory and Amanda ending.

I plan to add a lighthouse mode in the update where Kent updates the art for the preceding chapters.
It will be an in-game guided walkthrough mode.
Some branches and achievements are too tricky to obtain.
I managed to unlock all scenes, photos, and achievements, but the achievements were excessive. There were pointless ones for each of the effectively meaningless responses in the menu. There were the ones for having maximum points after the intro said maximizing points wasn't important. There were the ones for particular combinations of states. Ultimately, I only have myself to blame for being compulsive, and the game was entertaining enough for me not to give up, but achievement hunting in this game did suck a fair share of the fun out of it.

How? Didnt they just give an out of nowhere throuple on a jaye path? How a harem doesnt seem to fit her? She also said what you do with mallory and amanda, i dont want to get involved in that, so that could mean she wont mind if MC gets involved with them, If mallory is already added in the throuple, how is it difficult to imagine she wont bring in Peanut a women mallory is actually attracted to? Jaye could rope in tara as well who knows? After seeing the jaye+mall throuple became true, a harem could very well happen.
I interpreted Jaye's comment differently. She said that what she was offering for Mallory did not extend to Amanda, i.e. she's willing to share with one, not both. I could be wrong, though. :shrug:

Just need to play Depraved Awakening to wash that out of your mouth. Christina is :love:
Truly a man of great taste. I had forgotten about that game. I need to revisit it again soon.

Reactions: ename144

Skylaroo

May 28, 2017
I never used the Joker mod, these are the requirements:

as taken from augustus' post:
- Choose to be in a committed relationship with Jaye at the resort.
- In chapter 9, you need to phone a friend to get Jaye in the John Hopkins program.
- In chapter 9, after spending time at the cabin with Mallory, tell her you wish things could be different.
- In chapter 9, when you have sex with Jaye, her love score must be 95 or higher (this is probably the hardest part) and Mallory's must be 80 or higher.

If you meet all of those requirements, Jaye will offer a polyamorous relationship option after sex. Say you'll talk to Mallory.

You can get that without Joker's mod. I did them accidentally on my first Jaye run. I imagine I'm not the only one.

People might not be realising that's what is causing it?
Thanks for this. First of all, I just want to be clear that I agree it can definitely be achieved without the mod. But as I mentioned before, to get there without the mod, it's an accumulation of our choices as per the requirements that augustus mentioned. So if people didn't use the mod but got offered the polyamory ending, then it's a result of their choices throughout the game.

You mentioned that you "accidentally" got that, and there might be other people in the same boat. But my question to you (and those in similar position), is it really an accident? The reason why I asked this is because of the said requirements being high love score for both Jaye and Mallory, as well as telling Mallory that you wish things could be different. To me, if the goal is to be with Jaye, there is no reason for either of those requirements to be fulfilled by the MC.

While I can appreciate that you might not intend to go for polyamory ending (and therefore "accidental"), IMO this is the beauty of this game where choices actually matter. You did say you wish things were different with Mallory (clearly implying that you wanted more though you didn't act on it). You did keep high love score with Mallory (an accumulation of your choices throughout the game up to that point) so she is still interested in MC despite MC being in a relationship with Jaye. Based on these choices, it seems that the MC did want to have polyamory relationship if possible, and that's what the game gave you. This is the result of your choices.

This is not a knock on you or others btw. This is more of a conversation on a broader context where I think a lot of players do not expect that their choices can matter in an intricate way like this where there is no polyamory path but there is a polyamory ending. This is very different than most other games where often times paths are very obviously marked. As I mentioned on my other comment, this is a positive thing for me though I can understand that others might feel differently.

I hope people who are upset at the ending would look back in a few days time, think about it more, understand why it is the way it is, and able to appreciate the beauty of the game a bit more.

Edit: Separately, I also want to add that my main goal is to correct the false narrative that is somewhat floating around here where they said you'd get the polyamory ending if you're on solo path. This is factually not true. Choosing to be monogamous will result in monogamous ending.

Last edited:

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
So it's the mod that's causing the issue. I was also wondering if it's the mod that's causing the Amanda threesome. It's supposed to just be a walkthrough mod, giving hints on the choices, not outright forcing you on a path. Welp, at least the dev is going to make an official walkthrough mod.
That's why such mods are generally shit. They leads on the players to make the "right" decisions. In the end players are only chosing the "best" choice and ends up confused learning that hunting for the love points high score and all the scenes isn't the best way to play a game. Walkthrough mods are just making players to play it kinetic.

Lord Soth

Mar 8, 2020
This is Moooing kind of rare, like out there bleeding into your lips with iron flavor.
To be fair, you play this game with a profusely bleeding heart,throbbing incessantly with hope and bulging confidence.
MC was beat and distraught when he left his family high and dry and he found solace in the little things.
People in places where he did not look or expect to be, they turned his life around and gave his the nod that he was still a man child whom some particularly strung out honnies would straddle and defile in the most ravishing way in their minds and, with a coupios amount of game magic, in their arms and between their legs and on top of their bosoms and ...
Wut? :WaitWhat:
I really need to learn Canto :KEK:

pitao

May 18, 2023
That's why such mods are generally shit. They leads on the players to make the "right" decisions. In the end players are only chosing the "best" choice and ends up confused learning that hunting for the love points high score and all the scenes isn't the best way to play a game. Walkthrough mods are just making players to play it kinetic.
Depends on the mods, good mods make you do informed decisions, they guide you without make you go this or that choice. I use them so I know what the outcomes are without rolling back every time or save and load all the time and being able to spend the least time on all the branches I want to play in the least time possible.
Joker mods aren't good on this part and rarely are tested enough and this bugs happen and also with saves getting borked often after updates so I usually avoid them.
I never had big issues with Sancho or KoGa3 or scrappy mods for example and when they happen we report and they usually get fixed.

I also use them for other features that improve gameplay, being textbox and UI improvements and option to see after I finish the game replay scenes I missed when I really don't want to repeat a full playthrough. Depends on what you want from them and if they have options to turn on/off features, some even have the option to turn off the choice guide, rarely I use the cheat stat options, I may use some variable change options if that make me not waste much time doing a full playthrough just to change a variable. With all that said my fresh playthrough when I'm done with other games and after read all this mess of a thread :LOL:, I will just use URM.

Reactions: Walter Victor

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
I see it as two different types of mod. One (like Sancho's) gives you the info you need to make the choice you want (although that might not always be clear for long-term impact). The other, that I don't like and won't give a name to (if nothing else, because I don't keep them in mind) will say things like "best choice" or "I recommend" - these are based on how the modder wants to play it, not how you might want to play it.

The issue with mods is usually in the "chair to keyboard interface", unless the modder hasn't done a good enough job and has left holes and other issues in there...

Reactions: pitao
Oct 9, 2021
I don't know if it's required, but I picked an open relationship with Mallory. The following is required:

Choose to be in a committed relationship with Jaye at the resort.
In chapter 9, you need to phone a friend to get Jaye in the John Hopkins program.
In chapter 9, after spending time at the cabin with Mallory, tell her you wish things could be different.
In chapter 9, when you have sex with Jaye, her love score must be 95 or higher (this is probably the hardest part) and Mallory's must be 80 or higher.
If you meet all of those requirements, Jaye will offer a polyamorous relationship option after sex. Say you'll talk to Mallory.
Thanks for this, I just tested it out.

I loaded up my throuple playthrough from my chapter 5 save and chose to be commited to Jaye.
I tabbed through all the chapters to the end, thinking that getting 80 love with Mal might be an issue, but no! it was fine, I had 90 love with Mal, yay!!!
Unfortunately I only had 93 love with Jaye DOH!!!

I will need to play from an earlier save, or even just start from the beginning again lol!

MiltonPowers

Formerly 'Milton749'
Jul 26, 2023
Thanks for this, I just tested it out.

I loaded up my throuple playthrough from my chapter 5 save and chose to be commited to Jaye.
I tabbed through all the chapters to the end, thinking that getting 80 love with Mal might be an issue, but no! it was fine, I had 90 love with Mal, yay!!!
Unfortunately I only had 93 love with Jaye DOH!!!

I will need to play from an earlier save, or even just start from the beginning again lol!
Check your Chapter summaries they will tell you how many points out of how many. You can start from the last one that gives you almost 100%.

TonyMurray

Formerly 'mintymuz'
Apr 8, 2024
The "relationship" consists of her saying "get me pregnant" and her appearing at the bar in the final scene. Other than that pretty much nothing changes in comparison to the open relationship route.
Well, it's the future relationship that you'll see in the epilogue. In the Mallory path, you're together with Mallory. In the "open" path, Mallory dumps you, so you're not with Mallory.

Nezron

Apr 13, 2023
I guess this is a case of reality not meeting expectations. There's no harem tag, there was never an indication that there would be a harem ending. The whole game (as far as LIs go) has been about choosing between Jaye and Mallory.
I understand there is not Harem tag, but the game plays like a harem game in a lot of ways right up to the end, In my play through Jaye and Mallory knew about each other and even helped each other with the MC, and then the end was just Mallory was "I am out".

I understand that the developer for what ever reason wanted the MC to end up with basically either Jaye or Mallory. All I am saying it would be a better game (for me) if it had a Harem tag and was a Harem game.

you have a nice day.
peace

Reactions: xsikal
May 9, 2021
For the most part I agree with you. I don't think the devs changed their mind at the last moment, though.

I think they always intended to punish "greedy/manwhore" behavior and reward loyalty, it's just that they used a very crude heuristic to make that determination. They figured greedy playthroughs would jump at the open relationship while loyal ones would bite the bullet and call things off with Mallory - because that's no less than Jaye deserves. They didn't think through the details, like how players might view those options in a different light and thus make choices out of line with the dev's broad categorization of their motivations.

They basically copied the form of those old secret tests of character (the ones where you need to turn down a reward in order to get it), and thus treated the throuple like a reward to be earned rather than an inter-character conundrum to be resolved.
No surprise the resulting characterizations can be wildly inconsistent.
And in doing so made it incongruent with the characters themselves. I’ve got no problem with Mallory and Jaye rejecting the MC if you choose to go down the open relationship path and fuck anything that moves. That’s not the issue. The issue is that making poly a reward for being loyal makes it seem as though polyamory is a fetish rather than a lifestyle.

It’s a bigger stretch narratively to suggest that a monogamous person who you’ve been dedicated to would suddenly accept a polyamorous relationship than for two people who have already agreed to an open relationship to close it into a genuine throuple (with the greedy manwhore penalty being if you’ve taken advantage of the open relationship by fucking anyone outside of Jaye/Mallory). It’s like they’ve equated the idea of a threesome = poly.

When I played it and found out that the open relationship ended up with no one, I thought “Well that sucks, but it’s congruent with the characters - they just aren’t poly, which is why they tried an open relationship but it didn’t work.”

When I found out that, no, they are poly, but only if you’re completely (and I mean you can’t assign any love points to the other girl at all when it’s a choice between them)…I thought “that’s fucking absolute BS.”
[/ispolier]

Also, I've gone through the code:

Jaye:

Will be okay with poly (state 6) if:

She is in an intimate relationship/has fallen back in love with you/
You get her into John Hopkins (this is the flag to make poly a thing with her)
Jaye love is at least 95 and Mallory love is at least 80 when the last sex scene with Jaye happens (which will push Jaye to 98-100)
You told Mallory you wished things were different (you'll know you're on the right path (>80 love) when Mallory tells you that she loves you)

These states automatically set Mallory and Jaye to state 6 (when both are in state 6, they become ok with poly).

Trust makes ZERO difference to this, which again is complete bullshit in a poly relationship, but whatever.

In my playthrough, Jaye ended with 98/100 love, 83/90 trust and Mallory ended with 96 love/100 love and 87/90 trust.

Mallory:
Will be okay with a poly relationship with Amanda (state 5) if:

She is in an intimate relationship/completely in love with you
You had the threesome with Amanda

Reactions: xsikal and ename144

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
You mentioned that you "accidentally" got that, and there might be other people in the same boat. But my question to you (and those in similar position), is it really an accident? The reason why I asked this is because of the said requirements being high love score for both Jaye and Mallory, as well as telling Mallory that you wish things could be different. To me, if the goal is to be with Jaye, there is no reason for either of those requirements to be fulfilled by the MC.

While I can appreciate that you might not intend to go for polyamory ending (and therefore "accidental"), IMO this is the beauty of this game where choices actually matter. You did say you wish things were different with Mallory (clearly implying that you wanted more though you didn't act on it). You did keep high love score with Mallory (an accumulation of your choices throughout the game up to that point) so she is still interested in MC despite MC being in a relationship with Jaye. Based on these choices, it seems that the MC did want to have polyamory relationship if possible, and that's what the game gave you. This is the result of your choices.

This is not a knock on you or others btw. This is more of a conversation on a broader context where I think a lot of players do not expect that their choices can matter in an intricate way like this where there is no polyamory path but there is a polyamory ending. This is very different than most other games where often times paths are very obviously marked. As I mentioned on my other comment, this is a positive thing for me though I can understand that others might feel differently.
I imagine most people met those requirements by treating this as a game: maximize all the points!

I think the more pertinent question is why this MC who told Jaye "I want all the things" AND told Mallory "I wish things were different" never lifted a finger to address the seeming paradox throughout the course of the game. It's easy to castigate asking for an open relationship as treating this like a typical porn game, but that open relationship is the closest thing the game has to the MC trying to set up a proper polyamorous path properly (rather than waiting for Jaye to do it out of the blue). It doesn't necessarily mean what the game thinks it means.

You say choices should matter, but it doesn't feel that way when an MC who chooses to start an honest relationship with two women - telling them up front and turning down all others (whenever the script permits, anyway) - gets lumped in with an MC who bangs anything that moves. Choices matter when they fit the narrow lens through which the devs viewed them, but can get very muddled otherwise. I remind you that not only will Mallory 'break up' with an MC who wanted to take things slower with her, but the MC will blame himself for 'asking for' an open relationship that he was trying to avoid the whole time. That's not some sort of window into Mallory or the MC as characters, it's a minor game branch the devs didn't spend enough time coding.

Reactions: xsikal and pitao

Adhdclassic

Mar 10, 2024
I understand Mallory having feelings for MC and Amanda in the end, but no Jaye and Mallory scenes with MC was a letdown. I assumed there would have been a intimate scene between the 3.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes