StillSlyMarbo

Nov 7, 2018
Really enjoying the game so far. That being said, I have been having some errors which I'm not sure are on me or the game. Whenever I go into the blacksmith there's a really high chance of the game hanging on a black screen with no way to interact or back out. On the few times that it has loaded into the blacksmith, I then have the same hang-up on the help with belt option. Not sure if this is just a bug in the game or on my end cause I am admittedly running it on an older laptop and most of the areas have some load time (5-10 second) when switching to them.

Reactions: NovusPeregrine

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Really enjoying the game so far. That being said, I have been having some errors which I'm not sure are on me or the game. Whenever I go into the blacksmith there's a really high chance of the game hanging on a black screen with no way to interact or back out. On the few times that it has loaded into the blacksmith, I then have the same hang-up on the help with belt option. Not sure if this is just a bug in the game or on my end cause I am admittedly running it on an older laptop and most of the areas have some load time (5-10 second) when switching to them.
Uggggghhhh. It's not just you. Other people have been reporting that issue since pretty much the first release. But I can't for the life of me figure out what is causing it. I even completely ripped ALL of the blacksmith area's code out entirely, a couple of builds back, and redid it from scratch. And you and one other have reported it popping up again STILL, even after that. At this point, I'm literally out of ideas about what could be causing it, since the code I used on the new replacement version is completely identical to the code I use elsewhere for other scenes. The most frustrating part is that I can't replicate it on my own copy, no matter how many times I try, on either my laptop or desktop. Even when I've asked for saved games with the bug and gotten them from a couple of people...it doesn't stay bugged on my completely identical copy of the game.

So far as I know, it doesn't happen on the online version, or in the that can always be downloaded in . Which, if that's true (no one has reported the bug on those versions, but not many people use the workaround version and the bug is seemingly random in the first place), means that it's got something to do with the hardware it's played on. But even that doesn't make any sense, since it uses the same code as the rest of the game and the bug has never been reported anywhere else except the Blacksmith. Ever.

Important Note! I don't usually post that workaround version here for a couple of reasons. One, some versions of some browsers require you to disable CORS security (there are instructions in the post) to use it, making this very much a use at your own risk sort of version. Two, aside from this stupid annoying bug, the primary reason I release that version is actually to allow people to play on not-officially-supported operating systems. That version runs in-browser but using offline files. Much like a TWINE or similar game. Which means it would probably run on a sufficiently advanced toaster. Assuming the toaster didn't have the CORS security issue.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
So, this post isn't about Chastity Quest...there is a release coming later this month. But...this post is about the fact that the Patron alpha this month will actually be of the game's final build. Essentially, aside from any bug fixes, development for Chastity Quest will be finished at the end of August. Though, there will of course be the usual delay for Public Release. Now, I'm mentioning this now, rather than when I post this month's public release post , regarding the game that will replace Chastity Quest in the development cycle. While there is also a patron-only poll on the topic that will be more heavily weighed in the decision, the public poll DOES matter. Very much so given that the patron-only poll is currently a very close race (two of the three game options are actually tied for votes as of the time I wrote this). If you want to get a glimpse of what might be up for development next...not to mention have a say in which concept gets made, hop over and take a look! All three game concepts that are up for voting have public posts with sample art, descriptions, and so on. Which you can find linked in the poll post! Or, find them directly at these links:

Note that all three games are intended to share some of the niche themes of Chastity Quest. There will be at least some level of Chastity and Bondage play content, though likely with a less central focus. And those sorts of themes can also be found in my other currently-ongoing work, Haven's Port.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
It sounds like you really want to do a harem game, which isn't my bag so i probably won't play any of them, but Lefthand Magic sounds, to me, like the most interesting idea by far. Magitek, done well, is a lot of fun for the reader (and also the author, I'd imagine) as it makes the familiar (magic and technology) unfamiliar (a blend of the two). The other two ideas are beig developed into games by other developers right now.

So, a vote for Concept 3, for what it's worth.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
It sounds like you really want to do a harem game, which isn't my bag so i probably won't play any of them, but Lefthand Magic sounds, to me, like the most interesting idea by far. Magitek, done well, is a lot of fun for the reader (and also the author, I'd imagine) as it makes the familiar (magic and technology) unfamiliar (a blend of the two). The other two ideas are beig developed into games by other developers right now.

So, a vote for Concept 3, for what it's worth.
Left Hand Magic in particular isn't really a harem game, so much as a classic Visual Novel with a Harem Route available in a New Game+ mode. The other two, admittedly, are more oriented towards a harem from the start. And I do understand that those aren't everyone's cup of proverbial tea :). I admit I'm curious where you've seen a space station game, as I don't think I recall something like that. Though I do recall at least one game (which I found frustrating and thus didn't play very far) with a similar starship concept as the second game. Though, like the vast majority of games, from what I remember of it, it was pretty vanilla. Where my games...definitely aren't.

Joe Steel

Engaged Member
Jan 10, 2018
One starship game is TiTS, and the space station game I don't recall the name of, but the MC inherits at least part of a space station that is bankrupt, and has a female AI/hologram helper. It was another sandbox type game, so maybe not directly competing with what you would do. Make money, repair various things on the station to make more money, etc. Not very interesting, but still in development so who knows.

I don't think magitech has been done well in games (or in books, for that matter) so you'd be doing something new by making a good magitech universe. I like the idea of that being a universe where technology can't work without the use of, say, demons and the like, but the demons and the like have to be carefully controlled so that they don;t take over the tech that they are supposed to be serving. Maybe even make it so that normal humans can't tell if the demons are really doing what they are supposed to, and the MC has to troubleshoot what is actually going on in various scenarios: technical glitches or feisty demons.

Good luck in any case. You've got the chops to make this work, I think, because you understand the elements and tensions that make stories work.

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
One starship game is TiTS, and the space station game I don't recall the name of, but the MC inherits at least part of a space station that is bankrupt, and has a female AI/hologram helper. It was another sandbox type game, so maybe not directly competing with what you would do. Make money, repair various things on the station to make more money, etc. Not very interesting, but still in development so who knows.

I don't think magitech has been done well in games (or in books, for that matter) so you'd be doing something new by making a good magitech universe. I like the idea of that being a universe where technology can't work without the use of, say, demons and the like, but the demons and the like have to be carefully controlled so that they don;t take over the tech that they are supposed to be serving. Maybe even make it so that normal humans can't tell if the demons are really doing what they are supposed to, and the MC has to troubleshoot what is actually going on in various scenarios: technical glitches or feisty demons.

Good luck in any case. You've got the chops to make this work, I think, because you understand the elements and tensions that make stories work.
Ah. I am, of course, familiar with TiTS. Since it's a non-graphical game, I don't really consider it a competitor (thank goodness, who wants to try and compete against one of the most successful adult creators of all time?!). The starship game I was thinking of myself was The Solarian Project, which has very good art and a somewhat similar concept, but whose developer made some very strange and awkward choices. And which is both very vanilla (at least to the point I played) and very railroady, not allowing much in the way of player agency. Which is something that annoys me. Even in VNs I consider that bad form, as a good VN will at least provide events that change based on player choice. And I think I may have played that station game a bit, but hated it because it was a heavy non-consent game. That's only if it's the same one, though. Could be entirely different. I suppose Orange Trainer also fits the description, though that's mostly a parody game for Star Wars rather than being a game about a space station. Still some crossover, I guess?

And yeah, the lack of good magitech stories is depressing, as I've always loved the idea. In truth, I'm a little wary about my ability to pull it off, given that there aren't many assets out there specific to the genre, so it will take a lot of mixing and matching. But I think I can do it (or I wouldn't have made it one of the possible stories).

And thanks for the compliment :)!

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Hidden Temple 2.jpg Lesbian Threesome 2_1.1.1.jpg Memory 4.jpg Troll Transformation 2_1.1.1.jpg Greeter Dom 2.jpg Pussy Amulet 2.jpg

Wohooo! A few days ago, I finally released the Final Version (excepting bug fixes) of Chastity Quest for testing by my $5+ Patrons. This, of course, means that Build 14 has been released free to the public! The Final Build added roughly 15 scenes to the Island of Sezori area, plus three different fairly involved endings. Build 14 was also a major build, having added 30 new sex scenes, introduced the final Quest Hub (The Island of Sezori!) of the game, plus added a bunch of other stuff. Other stuff including music for the whole game, better fast travel, and some other quality-of-life improvements.

Links in the original thread post have been updated for the new Public Build.

Release Notes for Final Build:

Whew! This last release has a lot packed in it! First and foremost, there are the Three Endings, each of which represents a fair bit of content, as I didn't settle for simple epilogues. There are quite a few scenes in each ending and very little shared between them! In addition, there are also 15 additional scenes added to The Island of Sezori, a few relating to the Default Path Unlock, but most simply fleshing out the island a bit more, including expanding its Futa content! A few more details follow...but they are mildly spoilery.

The Dominant Ending: The only ending where Kiralia actually gets completely free of chastity! Take over the Hidden Temple...

The Submissive Ending: Kiralia's enjoyed herself far too much, and ends up in a lifestyle of Submission to the new leader of the Hidden Temple...

The Default Ending: Having acted neither completely dominant or completely submissive, Kiralia ends up finding a middle ground for her new life post Quest...

Additional Sezori Scenes: New scenes have been added to the Resort, Tavern, and Potion Shop. Likewise, Sezori now has its own Lust Effect scenes, and there's a small bit of new content for the Milk Farm as well.

Other Stuff:

-
I updated the Title Menu...it still kinda doesn't look great? But it's better than it was, I think.

- Some music added to places (such as the potion shop).

- Credits Updated (Annnnnddddd I just realized I forgot to update the Patron credits. I'll do that with the inevitable bug-fix build. I promise).

- A few bugs squished and Typos fixed

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Congrats on finishing your game. After polishing the final of Chastity Quest, what do you have in mind for the next game?
Thanks! And, part of the answer to your question is to continue working on Haven's Port, of course. Build 11 is in production as we speak. In truth, that game probably as a minimum of another year of development, simply because the world I designed for it is just as large as Chastity Quest but uses all original renders, so takes longer. In addition to that, however, I'm also going to be working on a game tentatively titled . It won the poll I set up for both Patreons and the Public and should see its first release in October. It will actually be a step better than even Haven's Port graphically, as I'm committed to doing proper animations for it. Still working out the details of the art style and a few other things, though.

Another great finished game after The dungeon of Lewdity. Well done. Hope Heavens port will be nice 2 when finished.
Thanks! And I certainly hope it will be even better!

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
Hidden Temple 2.jpg Table Fuck 2.jpg Pussy Amulet 2.jpg Sub Path 0.jpg Sub Path 1.jpg Sub Path 2.jpg

Wohoo! This is the final release for the game. It's complete! And now 100% public, as well. It's even gone through two bugfix releases to clean up some final issues found by patrons over the last couple of months. It's possible there are a few remaining issues...but honestly unless they are very game disruptive, it's unlikely they will ever be fixed. That being because I'm now fully committed to Two other games. One is the ongoing Haven's Port game that's getting its 12th build this month! The second is an entirely new game, a Visual Novel where I'm shooting for an extremely high quality, including animations. That game is called Left Hand Magic and the . Check the end of this post for a couple of images from the new game. It doesn't have its own thread yet, so I can't link you to anything publicly available...

Anyway! About the release itself! I'm not going to put the links here, since I've already updated those in the main post of this thread. Likewise, the changelog has been updated with the release post. I will say, in short, that the final area was significantly expanded...and three completely separate endings were added. And none of that pansy-ass one-page-epilogue nonsense here! All three endings are pretty involved in and of themselves!

Aside from that, I'm just going to say the following...I'm VERY pleased to be done with this game. I bit off waaaaaayyy more than I could chew back when I started this, but I finished it anyway! That said, I've also created a bit of a monster here. The end game has in excess of 300 unique sex scenes, plus quite a few variants, if my count is even vaguely accurate. There might be other games out there that have that number of sex scenes that aren't purely text based...but if there are I haven't played them. And I've played a lot of adult games over the years. So, despite the limitations of the this game, I'm fairly proud of what I accomplished. And now I can move on to much better quality, original graphics to go with everything else. Those who have played Haven's Port will know that I've long since moved on from ripping art from other work, I only continued to do so with Skyrim for Chastity Quest as I felt obligated to finish the work. Haven's Port and Left Hand Magic are both done using Daz3d, with full licensed assets. And, once completed, Left Hand Magic will be my first game to go up on Steam (hopefully). Though, of course, patrons will have access to it as it's being built.

Sneak Peaks from Left Hand Magic
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

AnubiSs2167

Mar 1, 2018
If you are using my animations, could atleast make sure they do not clip...
:cautious: FootIk still on, wrong scaled characters...cmon man...

NovusPeregrine

Game Developer
Nov 27, 2017
If you are using my animations, could atleast make sure they do not clip...
:cautious: FootIk still on, wrong scaled characters...cmon man...
Oh dear waffles. You have no idea how much I hate that I couldn't consistently fix the clipping. The problem is that every time I tried to fix the clipping for one set of animation packs, it broke it in two others T-T. Eventually, I gave up and settled on a 'least bad' combination. I ran into so many problems using Skyrim and the various mods for this game that I thoroughly, thoroughly wished that I had never had the idea and I may never be able to bring myself to play Skyrim again T-T. As it is, I apologize to you and every other animation creator for Skyrim from the beginning of time into the future when my toaster's A.I. is playing Skyrim on my toast, for the horrible horrible mutilations I did to some of your work in order to make them do unholy things they should never have been forced to.

• Haha
Reactions: Highland_Hunter

AnubiSs2167

Mar 1, 2018
Oh dear waffles. You have no idea how much I hate that I couldn't consistently fix the clipping. The problem is that every time I tried to fix the clipping for one set of animation packs, it broke it in two others T-T. Eventually, I gave up and settled on a 'least bad' combination. I ran into so many problems using Skyrim and the various mods for this game that I thoroughly, thoroughly wished that I had never had the idea and I may never be able to bring myself to play Skyrim again T-T. As it is, I apologize to you and every other animation creator for Skyrim from the beginning of time into the future when my toaster's A.I. is playing Skyrim on my toast, for the horrible horrible mutilations I did to some of your work in order to make them do unholy things they should never have been forced to.
Just make sure actors have "basescale 1"
You can check scale by using console command "getscale" and change it by "setscale". Overall sexlab should do it for you with "actor scaling" option on in mcm.
For feet being in wrong position - you need to rotate the scene once using sexlab hotkeys and footIK script will kick in.

Good luck with the project.

3.60 star(s) 8 Votes