3.20 star(s) 17 Votes

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
I don't think we are actually discussing NTR, it's more about how advertisement would impact the popularity of this VN.

Reactions: laeg15

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
you don't get it, if the NTR/Futa it's the canon of the story, the people who are not into that content will not play the game because to them any time spent on the game will be useless, because in the end they will always lose, by making it avoidable they can attract the players that don't like that content but want to see the MC get them for himself , By making the NTR the canon of the story they will alienate that player base, they won't play a game where they already lost.
There can be 2 canon's to a story. People all the time remember things differently from their own perspective. Ask any sibling about an event and they will tell you how it happened differently. Now of course the difference here is much more dramatic. It doesn't make sense why any non-NTR would care if there is a different version to the story. The logic fails. Anyway no need to debate further. Obviously we see things from a different perspective. I just want you to see things my way... ;)

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
:unsure:after reading comments, he is now doing two diferent paths?
Kind of. The NTR/Futa versions are possible bad endings. I'm hoping he will change that so that the NTR peeps can get their way too and get more support that way.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
There can be 2 canon's to a story. People all the time remember things differently from their own perspective. Ask any sibling about an event and they will tell you how it happened differently. Now of course the difference here is much more dramatic. It doesn't make sense why any non-NTR would care if there is a different version to the story. The logic fails. Anyway no need to debate further. Obviously we see things from a different perspective. I just want you to see things my way... ;)
I do see your point, you want the NTR bad endings to be a canon storyline no? The problem with this is the additional work for the dev, by making them a bad ending he doesn't have to worry about consistency between scenes, to make it a full canon storyline means that the code will have to be expanded to accommodate the new variables , And more content will have to be made in that storyline, which means longer development times, less content for the vanilla (hate that word) storyline, which means less support, which increases the chances that the game gets abandoned.

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
dartred Another option, like I was saying, is make another side to the story where the aunt is an option to be the protagonist that way you get the futa supporters, but I think you would be better off doing a NTR version and would get more supporters that way. There was someone who was actually doing two different versions one NTR and one non-NTR and ended up actually having two different threads, but it must have been too difficult because they have unfortunately abandoned it. I think you would be better off keeping it as, but with some changes.

RandyTyr

Game Developer
Apr 30, 2021
:unsure:after reading comments, he is now doing two diferent paths?
Definitely no, as far as the current version is concerned. There is a single main path, and in addition you can view individual hypothetical scenarios that would have happened had the MC done something different. But after each scenario you get right back to the branching point until you pick the main path option. For the record, I really like this system.

Kingkoopa97

Nov 10, 2018
Have you seen some of these fanatics? wont say what side is worse we all know who is more crazy... say dart does it your way and makes 2 paths both cannon, he will be bombarded with "your spending too much time on NTR" and "your spending too much time on vanilla" there is no winning.

Rannell

Jul 29, 2020
I do see your point, you want the NTR bad endings to be a canon storyline no? The problem with this is the additional work for the dev, by making them a bad ending he doesn't have to worry about consistency between scenes, to make it a full canon storyline means that the code will have to be expanded to accommodate the new variables , And more content will have to be made in that storyline, which means longer development times, less content for the vanilla (hate that word) storyline, which means less support, which increases the chances that the game gets abandoned.
Yah unfortunately I know diddly squat about coding.

dartred

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 30, 2017
This is a real question, but it is not important to the story or people's enjoyment. (y)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
If you didn’t watch the futa scenes, you will see that in first scene a police officer is giving Silvia a BJ. Meant to be a big sign that she has power in high places. Her father was also a former politician so she may have ties in there too.

also, incest isn’t illegal in 2 states in the US. The game takes place in one of the two. So him recording her having sex and taking it to the police, even if they weren’t in her pockets, wouldn’t do anything. Maybe actually get MC in trouble for recording people having sex without their consent.

Last edited:

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
The problem with this is the additional work for the dev, by making them a bad ending he doesn't have to worry about consistency between scenes, to make it a full canon storyline means that the code will have to be expanded to accommodate the new variables , And more content will have to be made in that storyline, which means longer development times, less content for the vanilla (hate that word) storyline, which means less support, which increases the chances that the game gets abandoned.
If you don't allow for the opportunity to fail or have multiple endings in this style of game then what's the point? it's more of a comic than a game. I love the story in this game however by not allowing for someone to fail, compete, or have multiple paths then your leaving ground potentially unexplored. Think of it as a fight or game of tug of war. It's fun to win when there's a challenge. However if your playing a game you can never lose then it's significantly less fun. I get that its more work however that's what makes for a better game. When I playing the game Power Vacuum it's the same thing. I want to compete against the old man but instead I can never lose to him. I love this game's storyline and I think it has potential but by forcing everything on one "correct" path your limiting it's potential.

Norman Knight

Jul 6, 2018
If you don't allow for the opportunity to fail or have multiple endings in this style of game then what's the point? it's more of a comic than a game. I love the story in this game however by not allowing for someone to fail, compete, or have multiple paths then your leaving ground potentially unexplored. Think of it as a fight or game of tug of war. It's fun to win when there's a challenge. However if your playing a game you can never lose then it's significantly less fun. I get that its more work however that's what makes for a better game. When I playing the game Power Vacuum it's the same thing. I want to compete against the old man but instead I can never lose to him. I love this game's storyline and I think it has potential but by forcing everything on one "correct" path your limiting it's potential.
the problem here its that you see it only from the perspective of the player, you want what its best for your enjoyment, I see it from the perspéctive of the dev, to make what you suggests possible, it would require about 60% more effort from the dev, both in coding and in renders, and of course a longer development time between updates , You want this game to succeed no? , if the dev does what you suggested, then the most probably outcome its this game getting abandoned, the amount of players interested in the project won't be enough to sustain its development.

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
the problem here its that you see it only from the perspective of the player, you want what its best for your enjoyment, I see it from the perspéctive of the dev, to make what you suggests possible, it would require about 60% more effort from the dev, both in coding and in renders, and of course a longer development time between updates , You want this game to succeed no? , if the dev does what you suggested, then the most probably outcome its this game getting abandoned, the amount of players interested in the project won't be enough to sustain its development.
I get what your saying and I agree that it's more work. I'd agree with your statement that I'm looking at this threw the perspective of the player, and I'm just trying to give some advice that hopefully would lead to a better game. Whether it gets abandoned or not would be up to the developer if anything. Most people would play a game if the NTR was avoidable, and from my experience most gamers enjoy having an NTR system set-up for punishment or failure (not saying that most people are approving of NTR). I'm like that with a lot of the games I play. It keeps you on your toes... When I was playing Power Vacuum and this game as well, while I love the storyline I find the gameplay horribly predicable with very little risk or replay value. This is directly due to the lack of multiple paths and predictable storytelling. Again I love the overall theme of this story however I think he's just going to repeat the same thing Power Vacuum has done. Will the game succeed? Yes. Will it be a good game? Maybe. You could put in some time and get a quick fap but the game/experience would be easily replaceable. I'm just looking out for the overall quality of the game. Again I completely understand what your saying about the development process and when I reviewed the game Power Vacuum I admitted that I didn't agree with the game style but I'm trying to let it ruin my gaming experience. However I keep coming back to this subtle disappointment of not being able to fail and constantly go down the path the developer has set. Hell, I've played RPG's on this site where they allow subtle choices that impact the fate of specific characters... I know it's possible. I'm not pounding the table demanding anything, just offering my two cents. I just think that constantly teasing the possibility of failing without ever allowing it is dishonest and a huge let down. In the beginning of the game he shows you what the aunt wants to do. Yet with this play style I know for a fact that it'll never happen or as you put it become "cannon".

This was part of my review of Power Vacuum and I think it's going to equally apply here as it did for that game:

"The only thing I'd be unsure about is the inability to live with a bad decision. So far as of Chapter 3 (again, as far as I've gotten so far) you can't. If you make a wrong decision there's a quick NTR scene the game gives you. I love when games use NTR as a punishment however I'm not too sure how I should feel with the quick reset after. I do enjoy being forced to live with consequences but I'm not letting that stop me from enjoying this game. I just like to have a game with a little risk and the risk-free style to this game takes a some of the fun out of it. However thinking back on it... allowing you to live with the consequences would significantly increase the workload by trying to come up with different storylines and paths, so I understand the quick NTR scene and a reset to choose the right decision. I don't necessarily agree but I understand."

Satyr90

Dec 23, 2020
Norman Knight to give you an idea of what I'm talking about look at the game The Spellbook. I had some issues with the storytelling and every choice being painfully obvious however they were able to pull off a possible NTR path while trying to tell a story. Again, I'm not looking for an NTR game just the risk of failure and they were able to create a sizeable following. I don't want to and I'm not going to sit here trying to disprove what you're saying. I'm just saying that I think it's possible, you just have to effectively come up with a plan and properly communicate it to the community.

Also, how quickly he's able to produce is also depending on his computer system. But that's another matter all together.

zackjack177

Apr 2, 2020
ATTENTION ALL PEOPLE!!! THERE WILL NOT BE TWO CANON PATHS EVER.
Dart is a one man team and creating two paths aka two stories, basically two seperate game universes is a no. Its just him with some help from me and friends on the discord doing this game.

You can write a 90 page thesis why or why not 2 paths and get a change.org petition started, it will not change anything. The only way that would happen is if this game somehow blew up financially enought that people get hired.

If you want to try to give input on anything in making the game you can via Patreon msg or join the Discord.

Reactions: Edrick23

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Bad choices lead to bad consequences. Seems fairly basic.
Maybe the dev should add a path where the aunt corrupts the MC into helping her out. NTR haters don't seem to have a problem if it's the MC doing the NTR.

• Angry
Reactions: LordSinner
3.20 star(s) 17 Votes