3.20 star(s) 17 Votes

varage

Jun 26, 2019
Canon refers to the legitimate works of a writer and/or an approved or accepted group of related works. In order for the NTR not to be canon, it would have not to exist in the VN in the first place and have been forced into the game (like via a patch). For example, if someone added a patch that implemented aliens in this game, that would be non-canon. If something is written by the developer themselves, it is canon. That's the very definition of canon — officially approved / accepted by the developer, either put there by them or approved by the author for inclusion through someone else.

It is not the intended "good" path for the MC, but that doesn't make it non-canon. If I played the game, say, 50% of the way through and then intentionally chose an NTR ending, that would be canon for that playthrough. Different endings in VNs are all canon; otherwise you wouldn't have different paths for different LIs in any VN ever. The NTR ends the possible story early, but since the outcome of making certain choices results in the NTR by design, it is by definition canon (i.e., written by the dev and put in their own story by them).
Thanks for the English lesson but if the story ends with one girl falling this makes this "game" a kinetic novel not a virtual novel. As there is only one choice for every decision and your decisions don't matter. That is what I mean. The story will not change based on your decisions it simply exist to get a bad end.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
The Dev could have continued on after a failure to save a family member and let you try to save the others, but that involves a lot of in-game tracking and extra programming. By making it so any failure to save a family member results in game over makes it so the game doesn't have to keep track of who he's saved and who he hasn't. If you look at it from that standpoint, it makes sense (at least to me).

I see restarting the game from the 'bad' choice as a good thing. The alterative is for the player to have to reload from a previous save point, assuming one was made.

Last edited:

varage

Jun 26, 2019
The Dev could have continued on after a failure to save a family member and let you try to save the others, but that involves a lot of in-game tracking and extra programming. By making it so any failure to save a family member results in game over makes it so the game doesn't have to keep track of who he's saved and who he hasn't. If you look at it from that standpoint, it makes sense (at least to me).

I see restarting the game from the 'bad' choice as a good thing. The alterative is for the player to have to reload from a previous save point, assuming one was made.
I don't deny it would be hard and cause a lot of additional work it's fine as it is im not complaining per say. I'm just saying that it makes it kinetic there are no other choices in this game but do i want my aunt to fuck my family or not. No as it were flavor choices at all. If that is what the creator wants for this peice i can't say anything but my thoughts on it and my thoughts are the ntr scenes lose their ntr feel if you dont have to deal with the aftermath it's simply, meh. When i think ntr i dont think cheating thats why there is a cheating tag. NTR is where the bitch is stolen. Dont care about you anymore and would do anything for the stealer. I suppose thats just my oppinion.

varage

Jun 26, 2019

I see your point, but does it matter what label is used?
Well yes and no man. If someone doesn't enjoy kinetic novels he will play it get pissed off make bad review etc. -note not me i just wanted to state my opinion. I'm still playing and enjoying the content mate. It's just a labeling thing because some people find games through the labeling system, and it could annoy someone looking for a virtual getting a kinetic.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Well yes and no man. If someone doesn't enjoy kinetic novels he will play it get pissed off make bad review etc. -note not me i just wanted to state my opinion. I'm still playing and enjoying the content mate. It's just a labeling thing because some people find games through the labeling system, and it could annoy someone looking for a virtual getting a kinetic.
I tend to agree with you about the NTR. I think it is best used when it drives the story. But, to each their own. :)

Reactions: varage

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Thanks for the English lesson
I was merely trying to say that, if you're going to be strict on other labels (like NTR), you should be consistent and not use canon when it's something the dev put in their own game. But I'll stop belaboring that point.
I'm just saying that it makes it kinetic there are no other choices in this game but do i want my aunt to fuck my family or not. No as it were flavor choices at all. If that is what the creator wants for this peice i can't say anything but my thoughts on it and my thoughts are the ntr scenes lose their ntr feel if you dont have to deal with the aftermath it's simply, meh. When i think ntr i dont think cheating thats why there is a cheating tag. NTR is where the bitch is stolen. Dont care about you anymore and would do anything for the stealer. I suppose thats just my oppinion.
I agree with you on this. Per F95's rules, the tag is added because it's possible to be interpreted by some as that. I don't agree that this game actually has NTR because, as you say, other than a game over there's not really any consequence for letting Silvia steal the other family members. Also (again per F95's rules) it's not technically a kinetic novel since there are choices. And again, I disagree with that assessment; if the choices don't actually matter, isn't the story really one without choices?

But neither of those is my call. So by the rules of the site, the game is tagged correctly, despite my disagreement with these assessments.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
This NTR is noncanonical which is the same as PW.

MC's dick is just as generic as 99.9999999% of all other MC's you see and I never pay attention to dick dialogue in games as it's boring. There are also many times where a MC's dick will get faker with each update. Most of the time I spam past horse cock BJ's and hand jobs as I have already seen enough of those to last a lifetime.

Reactions: Bloodguard

varage

Jun 26, 2019
I did like seeing legend of dragoon in this game good shit by the dev one of the best rpg's ever.

Reactions: dartred

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Damn, got me all excited when you said Mom scene. Almost forgot it will be at least another year before we can bang her. ;)

Guyin Cognito

Gentleman Pervert
Donor
Feb 23, 2018
Oh, wow! It's my first ridiculously long post for this game! It was bound to happen. I always end up doing this. Sorry-not-sorry. Okay, "let's get right into it."

I have to be honest, I don't understand why people are finding it so weird with the format of the non-canon bad ends.
Let's set aside that this game is openly inspired by a more well known game that's been around for like two years and works exactly the same way, just without a futa.
Ignoring that, there are lot's of AVN's and other types of adult games that have bad ends. That's really all this is. They're obvious bad ends, that are easily avoidable, and have a specific type of content, but that's still all they are. It's really not that uncommon. There are even games where the only content comes from bad ends.

There are lots of AVN's where the choices don't really matter. Hell, I once read a lengthy article on "the art of the illusion of choice." It's a skill that some AVN authors actually utilize on purpose. So, even if it's a more extreme example, I don't think saying the choices don't matter is really a valid argument for kinetic, if we're gonna get technical about it.
To be fair, I don't care a whole lot about that argument, because I think the two terms are confusing. Visual Novel vs Kinetic Novel? They both have pictures, so they're both visual. Doesn't kinetics have to do with movement? Wouldn't it make more sense for the one with choices to be called kinetic? It should be more like:
Visual Novel: no choices, it's just a story, with pictures
E-Gamebook: computerized version of adventure books where choices determine the path of story

On the canon thing:
Saying anything like non-main-story, non-moving-forward-with-that-path, not actually part of the story-- it's all clumsy. Saying non-canon might annoy the inner grammarian in some of us, but it's close, it's relatively clear, and it's convenient.
Didn't the author refer to them as non-canon? If the argument is about the author's approval, doesn't him saying "it's not canon" mean that it's not?
It's kind of like alternate scenes that were fully filmed being included on a DVD as extras. "This isn't how we decided to go with this scene, but it was fun, so here it is." Just because it's made by and released to public by the creator, doesn't necessarily mean it's canon. If Don Coscarelli released a series of humorous one-panel comics that all depicted the Tall Man making cute animals out of Play-Doh and acting out them having tea parties, the fact that Don made the comics himself would not automatically mean they were canon to the Phantasm films.
As far as I know, canon means whatever the creator decrees to be canon. A fan could pitch a great backstory about a character that doesn't have one yet and the original creator could just say, "you know what? I like that! From now on, that's his real origin story!" Boom. It's canon.

NTR... that damn NTR tag... here's the thing.
People who are fans of NTR and might be looking for the tag on purpose, tend to like the emotional and psychological aspects of an NTR story. If the NTR doesn't dive deep enough into the turmoil created for the protagonist or doesn't progress through a lengthy process, they may be unsatisfied and say "that's not NTR, I was cheated."
People who hate NTR and might be watching for the tag to avoid it, tend to not want any part of any living being (or possibly even inanimate objects) to come within striking distance of any potential love interest, which includes any female, even an inflatable doll. If they see a dick that doesn't belong to the protagonist entering a potential LI and there wasn't an NTR tag, they will cry foul.
There is SO MUCH room in between those two extremes. So, how do you label the majority of games that fall in between? There's no winning. Someone is going to be disappointed. Thus, all you can do is ask, "what is the basic premise of NTR?" Answer: someone who is not the protagonist getting one of the protagonist's girls. By that definition, anything even vaguely resembling NTR needs the label. That's not gonna please the NTR fans, but at least there's some logic to it, and it's a simple rule.
This game is best enjoyed if you are someone who neither hates nor loves NTR but rather is able to laugh at it, because, much like Power Vacuum, those scenes are designed to be funny.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Its power vacuum but with futanari and emphasis on humour. This is going to be some marmite stuff right here. Good luck dev.
You included "emphasis on humour" after the "but". However, I assume the "but" only applies to the futa content, since Power Vacuum is hilarious IMO. Or were you saying this had less emphasis on humor?

TrueJackal

Jul 7, 2020
I won't lie: when reading chapter 3, my horny brain half-expected the MC to give Silvia a cavity check to make sure she wasn't smuggling drugs into his mom's room.

• Wow
Reactions: -CookieMonster666-

the_fluff

Jun 26, 2020
I won't lie: when reading chapter 3, my horny brain half-expected the MC to give Silvia a cavity check to make sure she wasn't smuggling drugs into his mom's room.
Damn, that would have been great. I hope we get chances to humilate her and give her a taste of her own medicine(literally and figuratively) in the future.

Reactions: TrueJackal
3.20 star(s) 17 Votes