AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
Chimera: Bloodlines - Game Dev Journal
Support me on . It means everything!

View attachment 2748487
View attachment 2749504

Wishlist on Steam:

Overview:
You're Archer, a renowned Special Exterminator for the Inquisition. Your mission is to hunt Chimeras, supernatural humans born from forbidden unions between bloodlines. Ignite a revolution, uphold the inquisition's power, or succumb to your own primal desires. Pursue intimate connections, or wild sex.

Every move you make, every choice you embrace, shall carve the path that shapes the future of humans and chimeras. Prepare to embark on a treacherous journey, where inquisitors, rebels, criminals, and secret organizations clash in a war.​

Thread Updated: 2023-08-03
Release Date: 2023-08-03
Developer: @FunDi: - -
Version: v0.1 - Demo
Language: English
Store:

Full Description:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Genre:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
PC (Win + Linux): - -
Mac: - -

(Thank you so much for viewing and hopefully enjoying the game: Demo build by @FunDi)

View attachment 2823614 View attachment 2823615 View attachment 2823616 View attachment 2823618 View attachment 2823619 View attachment 2823622 View attachment 2823623 View attachment 2823624 View attachment 2823625 View attachment 2823626 View attachment 2823627 View attachment 2823629 View attachment 2823631 View attachment 2823632 View attachment 2823634 View attachment 2823635 View attachment 2823636

Latest Game Development Update:
i will buy this game on Steam (y)

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
i will buy this game on Steam (y)
I am planning the "Life is Strange" sale model of Chapter by Chapter releases, charging either by Chapter or for the full thing upfront.

Obviously, as a pirate of 14 years experience in the distant seas - I will post it myself to also be available for free xD Since the law of piracy: if you don't do it yourself - someone else would!

Depending on the reactions, I give myself around 1-2 months for the full Chapter 1 release (unless the feedback is bad and I will be killing off some badly received things).

I'm definitely up to make 3 chapters at least no matter what, and will judge the next steps from there.

Thanks!

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
seeing Dev actually working on his/her beloved project is all us gamers dream about,
abandoned games , for example, sometimes are sad because there were very good amazing ideias out there to implement more chapters!

So thank once more, for improving the game bit by bit, it is everything really! (y)

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Welp, I fucked up pretty bad with that banner thing. That's what you want when you publish the game - immediately alienate people and piss them off xD

seeing Dev actually working on his/her beloved project is all us gamers dream about,
abandoned games , for example, sometimes are sad because there were very good amazing ideias out there to implement more chapters!

So thank once more, for improving the game bit by bit, it is everything really! (y)
I like making games, and do them for my real job as well. If I can do the games I want to full-time, that would be pretty lit.

I don't see much point in doing something small, go big or go home...

Thanks for joining the thread! Always good to have more people around!

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
I like making games, and do them for my real job as well. If I can do the games I want to full-time, that would be pretty lit.
I don't see much point in doing something small, go big or go home...
Thanks for joining the thread! Always good to have more people around!
Yes, and adult games are selling well on Steam recently. Growing numbers day by day. We wish for your success too.
And you are right, this forum is good because gamers love to share and talk about their favorite experiences in gaming almost more than playing it themselves sometimes!
:D

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Oh shiiiiit, I'm fixing it urgently
Man, I like the banner and sigs. You can share it here if you want to, put it under spoiler ( or you can put it on your website, just the banner I think since fan sigs has F95zone brand on it). One thing for sure, you didn't exactly break this site rules, otherwise your game wouldn't have been promoted/released, it will still be pending Game Request. The moderator that moved it from Game Request also didn't think it is an issue either.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Alrighty, the game was well received (I guess) - I am now integrating a couple of big things like fixes, typos, and Character name functions and will post it on Steam as a Demo version.

And if it gets rejected - I will smash my head through my wooden desk.

Man, I like the banner and sigs. You can share it here if you want to, put it under spoiler ( or you can put it on your website, just the banner I think since fan sigs has F95zone brand on it). One thing for sure, you didn't exactly break this site rules, otherwise your game wouldn't have been promoted/released, it will still be pending Game Request. The moderator that moved it from Game Request also didn't think it is an issue either.
I thought when it comes to epilepsy my banner was kinda similar to your Artemis fan sig, but apparently it was a bit too glitchy, maybe because there are no stills.

Yes, and adult games are selling well on Steam recently. Growing numbers day by day. We wish for your success too.
And you are right, this forum is good because gamers love to share and talk about their favorite experiences in gaming almost more than playing it themselves sometimes!
:D
That's one of the few reasons why I decided to try - seeing the insane sales numbers of games like Fresh Women. If I get amount of money that matches my current salary - I will immediately quit my job (or prob stay as a consultant) and do this thing full time.

Yeah, this forum is lit, for SFW gaming, people just shit all over whatever you make and tell you a terrible person for trying to promote it to get feedback xD That is a nice change of pace - the community is def great

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
actually, we absolutely love adult games so much :love:
(better yet with excellent animations, artwork, stories, character creations, sandbox elements, amazing DAZ models, etc)

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I thought when it comes to epilepsy my banner was kinda similar to your Artemis fan sig, but apparently it was a bit too glitchy, maybe because there are no stills.
The fan sigs I have were made by one of the moderator of this site, so no one can argue about it:p, but when some nobody, relatively a newcomer tries something similar, usually will not end up so well received:LOL:.

Anyway, I never mentioned Desert Stalker to you before, on purpose,
#1 is because it is a very well-known game on this site,
#2 I don't want you to get hooked playing on it, but rather work on your game instead:p
#3 I am trying to steer you away from being too inspired by it, that Chimera becomes or rather be known as Desert Stalker clone, I want to play 2 great games instead of 1 and +1 clone

Having said that, the 'sandbox' or 'freeroam' aspects of Chimera is pretty much in the same vein as Desert Stalker, which is awesome IMO. If it just like that, then you don't have to worry about players not liking it, since Desert Stalker is very well received(y). The other aspect that Desert Stalker do well is the pacing of the story, writing and storytelling, while for some it is very slow athough very 'action' packed, but overalll is good, like introductions of the chacters, backstory, factions, worldbuilding etc. It is like peeling a 'layer' upon 'layer' of stuffs, which gets the players hooked into the story & lore as much as if not more than the lewds. The game is almost 3 years in development now but the game introduction is still not complete yet, there is one faction left which was briefly introduced earlier but still has many questions regarding it.

I think the feedback on the Demo will help you decide either to keep the current 'fast' pace or really taking the time to deliver the story by taking que from others, notably Desert Stalker. I'm game for either, a game that is complete complete after 1 to 2 years is great, or an ongoing epic game/saga is also great:D.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
We are trying to search this game on Steam and whishlist it right now (among other adult games Steam is allowing too) (y)
As long as you are not in Brazil or Germany, those Steam stores are on almost complete lock down when it comes to anything adult, unfortunately.

The fan sigs I have were made by one of the moderator of this site, so no one can argue about it:p, but when some nobody, relatively a newcomer tries something similar, usually will not end up so well received:LOL:.
Who doesn't like some gatekeeping, ehhh? When I get some energy back and new animations, I will try making another unique signature and banner in the style I actually want without causing any seizures....

Anyway, I never mentioned Desert Stalker to you before, on purpose,
#1 is because it is a very well-known game on this site,
#2 I don't want you to get hooked playing on it, but rather work on your game instead:p
#3 I am trying to steer you away from being too inspired by it, that Chimera becomes or rather be known as Desert Stalker clone, I want to play 2 great games instead of 1 and +1 clone

Having said that, the 'sandbox' or 'freeroam' aspects of Chimera is pretty much in the same vein as Desert Stalker, which is awesome IMO. If it just like that, then you don't have to worry about players not liking it, since Desert Stalker is very well received(y). The other aspect that Desert Stalker do well is the pacing of the story, writing and storytelling, while for some it is very slow athough very 'action' packed, but overalll is good, like introductions of the chacters, backstory, factions, worldbuilding etc. It is like peeling a 'layer' upon 'layer' of stuffs, which gets the players hooked into the story & lore as much as if not more than the lewds. The game is almost 3 years in development now but the game introduction is still not complete yet, there is one faction left which was briefly introduced earlier but still has many questions regarding it.

I think the feedback on the Demo will help you decide either to keep the current 'fast' pace or really taking the time to deliver the story by taking que from others, notably Desert Stalker. I'm game for either, a game that is complete complete after 1 to 2 years is great, or an ongoing epic game/saga is also great:D.
I've been playing Desert Stalker today, and will continue after writing this message, and I definitely like a lot of things about it. Enjoying it just as a casual player a lot, but as a game dev:

Before talking about all the positives, I want to highlight one core negative (I guess it's more toward the genre itself, rather than the specific dev) - this might sound dumb, but I'm not really a fan of when it's too easy for MC to get laid, like in the real world, there must be 'game'...

On the positives, the dev is really good with angles, and uses less renders even for action-packed scenes while still making them exciting -- that I liked a lot and will integrate into my scenes too. I also like how dev makes one single animation, and then does it at different angles which creates a longer scene effect - I am definitely borrowing that.

The sex scenes are really hot (holy shit, especially the first one - that's the shit), but I wish someone told the dev that he can't monetize a game with such obvious incest on Steam (I'm all for it as a casual player, tho)

My game obviously didn't have enough sex scenes (so I can maintain my sanity) - and this will now be actively worked on.

As far as being a clone - that dev and I have far too different visions when it comes to the core loop. Mine is more Disco Elysium-esque with a focus on various dialogues and paths, while their's is more sandbox 'Fallout' approach.

Their writing style works for me, not really stylized, but direct, which reads well, and definitely reduces the cringe factor. Also, I'm realizing I should write a bit more exposition and fun banters between characters, I mostly avoided it for the demo to keep things excited, but I need to tone the pace down (while still keeping the render intensity and diversity).

Anyways, just felt like writing this reflection, more toward myself as I am building out the schedule for next month.

Hey FunDi
Hi,Technical detail for the full version: you have forgotten to explain to the player the 3 paths that the character can take, you can make him a render of the mc in the background and you put that explanation that you have put in this thread... those of us who read this thread do know the 3 routes, but those who have not read this thread will not know exactly what each thing is, you can put that just before mia makes us drink the first decision

The last thing: aesthetic detail, you could put a color to the elections. blue: redemption.
Yellow: corruption.
Red: anarchy.

The latter, I don't know if it's a good idea, I mention it anyway.
Lol, you guessing my next steps with colors, once you enter specific paths and factions, they'll indeed have those unique lightnings, this is in progress.

For 3 routes, I wanted to avoid too much explanation in the tutorial, especially due to the fact that demo doesn't have BIG choices in it where there are significant outcomes on the paths.

In the full Chapter - yep - it will be explained to the players, as all Sandbox elements are introduced.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
The sex scenes are really hot (holy shit, especially the first one - that's the shit), but I wish someone told the dev that he can't monetize a game with such obvious incest on Steam (I'm all for it as a casual player, tho)
Regarding Steam, I am not really sure about its policy but most people said that it allows incest or whatever adult contents, but Steam draws the line with children, underage, minor including models that looks especially if physically can be miscontrued as childre, underage or minor ( which is subjective IMO ). I don't think it has to be involcing sexual acts like penetration, even nudes are prohibited, because anything that are monetized via the exploitation of childre, underage or minor are against the TOS.

But yeah, better check what the policy is all about just to be safe.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Regarding Steam, I am not really sure about its policy but most people said that it allows incest or whatever adult contents, but Steam draws the line with children, underage, minor including models that looks especially if physically can be miscontrued as childre, underage or minor ( which is subjective IMO ). I don't think it has to be involcing sexual acts like penetration, even nudes are prohibited, because anything that are monetized via the exploitation of childre, underage or minor are against the TOS.

Yeah, it's their classical - a 1000-year-old Vampire in school is still a schoolgirl example, which I agree with.

It's still kinda a toin coss with them, some things are just perceived as too much of taboo like incest. Patreon for sure doesn't allow it, they had a huge campaign against it, by the end of which they prohibited that subject, but allowed drugs/rape/violence as long as the worlld is clearly fictional and doesn't glorify it. Makes a whole lot of sense.

I had a well-developed plot where Archer has 2 sisters... one of them Kiri...

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
GAME UPDATE V0.1.1

1) Opacity Box Settings Added to Preferences
2) Nameable Protagonist Added.
3) Minor Typos and Grammar Fixed.
4) Interface changes to match the newly defined protagonist name.
5) Epilepsy warning screen was added at the launch.

Note: there will be no further updates to the Demo version until the full Chapter 1 is released.

I have submitted a similar build to Steam (but without the external links because it is not allowed).

Links:
PC (Win + Linux):
Mac:

Thank you, everyone.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
yes , thank you so much for this upload! :love:
It turns out, after you get enough sleep, things like these become pretty easy to do... So I figured I fix the demo to a good level and proceed with the full Chapter 1.

When I was trying to implement them in a state of delirium (that's what I called overworked + high), everything I wrote just broke the game xD And the demo is now on Steam too, should be verified in around a week, and let's hope the steam page doesn't get nuked by their moderation team!

Oh, and I've been playing Desert Stalker for the whole day - what a lit game

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
The colors are great, it sounds cool. About the tutorial: I'll leave you a more subtle way to do it in case you want it. I will leave you an image so that you have the concept, obviously I have done something quickly, you can convert that into a render and customize it to your liking, you can choose the background, the style, the font, you can add vines, particles of fire, etc... you can do 1 for redemption, another for corruption and another for anarchy. I think it will look good, and above all it will be more subtle and it will save you time.
Untitled.jpg

Yeah, I planned smth along those lines, but I decided to change things up a bit with variables to make the Sandbox system more interesting and remove any possible grind, which I am not interested in adding.

I'm still using the Disco Elysium skill & point system as inspiration.

Stuff on the left is Redemption / Anarchy / Corruption

Stuff on the right are 'traits' that you unlock by pursuing either of those.

It won't be anything complicated like in Disco, but along those lines -- it will also be part of the ChimeraPad interface.

Idk how to call it yet - skills / alignment / stats - will play around

AraKnus

Sep 30, 2021
thanks so much for your comment and input.
So good and nice to get help from informative gamers,
as a test, we were also searching on Steam and we have found the following DEMO of these games below:

https://f95zone.to/threads/wild-life-patreon-build-23-06-2023-adeptus-steve.3810/
https://f95zone.to/threads/fallen-doll-operation-lovecraft-v0-4-9-cracked-project-helius.33403/