Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Just a heads up, Eternum 0.6 is released today, which will probably be leaked soonTM, and members on this site go bananas when it does, so 'no one' will most likely pay any attention to other games during the ~10 days of release:HideThePain:. Some providers of cloud storage also reportedly suffered higher than usual traffic during such time:p.

Just take that into consideration when determining when is the right time to release. On the other hand, it is also a good opportunity to 'promote' your game without promoting simply by making posts on that game thread for example:whistle:.
What the hell, is the developer taking steroids, the quality is amazing?? I wonder if I can slip into the dev's dms and get some advice xD I was trying to go for the highest cinematic fidelity, but I'm clearly below this dev..

Oh well!

Thank you - I think I finally found something good to play.

I like making posts on the game thread, though... it limits the shitstorm you might get compared to when you post on the main :D

You make a good point, I'll see when the update is out.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Not sure how much Caribdis can help though because Eternum is a Honey Select 2 ( with lots of MODs ) based game, different paradigm I think. However, I think he is able and/or qualified to help with story and storytelling wise.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Not sure how much Caribdis can help though because Eternum is a Honey Select 2 ( with lots of MODs ) based game, different paradigm I think. However, I think he is able and/or qualified to help with story and storytelling wise.
I remember playing around with Illusion stuff (a whiiiiile ago), but always ended up giving up due to the various frustrations I encountered (and being broke af with a terrible PC that couldn't play anything except VNs and Dota). I'm surprised the dev made it work.

Spamming people is def one of my core skillsets, I'll reach out xD

Random renders:

13_HandChin_Camera_HD.png
25_Approach_Camera (2)_HD.png
25_Approach_Camera (3)_HD.png

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
You guys have no idea how long it took me to make this work xD

2023-07-27 22-07-50.gif

Well, the movement system now properly works, I might adjust in the future to have some trail effect or to go along some lines.

You might wonder, "Hey, why did you spend 8 hours on this?"

Yep, 8, I can be dumb sometimes because I had to connect a lot of variables together on the back-end (related to the story and choices).

Basically, I want to make sure the player understands that action points matter, and clicking on one option, might mean you miss out on something else.

Anyways, it works now, getting back to renders, I don't want to touch any python code...

Oh, and I did the whole typeface overhaul, new fonts, buttons, designs, etc. I am pretty happy how it looks, a lot more professional than my past wireframes.

BLASTEROID2nd

Mar 2, 2022
Good day to you sir. I just came across this thread and I must say very nice. I read a bit of the story and it's very intriguing, the graphics are very smooth (based on the screenshots), the music is spot on. Will look forward to this once it's released.

Although question, will I need a high processing computer/laptop to play this smoothly?

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Good day to you sir. I just came across this thread and I must say very nice. I read a bit of the story and it's very intriguing, the graphics are very smooth (based on the screenshots), the music is spot on. Will look forward to this once it's released.

Although question, will I need a high processing computer/laptop to play this smoothly?
Hey, thanks for the nice words, but no need for sirs, we are all chill here!

That's the nice thing about this game engine, while you can have as much visual fidelity and features as you want (let's say I build 100+ different features or 1 feature) - it will run with more or less the same performance on any system, because it's just a bunch of python code that isn't that taxing on the system (unless you have some crazy things going inside).

In short - yes, runs on anything.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
You guys have no idea how long it took me to make this work xD
.. snip
Well, the movement system now properly works, I might adjust in the future to have some trail effect or to go along some lines.

You might wonder, "Hey, why did you spend 8 hours on this?"

Yep, 8, I can be dumb sometimes because I had to connect a lot of variables together on the back-end (related to the story and choices).

Basically, I want to make sure the player understands that action points matter, and clicking on one option, might mean you miss out on something else.

Anyways, it works now, getting back to renders, I don't want to touch any python code...

Oh, and I did the whole typeface overhaul, new fonts, buttons, designs, etc. I am pretty happy how it looks, a lot more professional than my past wireframes.
Neat! Typically ( I think ) this type of 'animations' are gif animations but you did sprite 'animation' using Ren'Py and python code. Using code albeit more complicated is more robust and versatile I think.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Neat! Typically ( I think ) this type of 'animations' are gif animations but you did sprite 'animation' using Ren'Py and python code. Using code albeit more complicated is more robust and versatile I think.
Doing GIF animations would be crazy, cause you would need like 100 different ones, a lot easier to just do from Point_A to Point_B and then just update global positions.

A bit clunky, but works.

Also - Eternum is lit, enjoying it.

Knowing Cartman, it's hard to distinguish sarcasm and sincerity in that phrase... And welcome to the thread!

28_Redemption_End2_Camera (2).png
23_Choice_Camera (3).png

• Haha
Reactions: JohnF95zone

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Doing GIF animations would be crazy, cause you would need like 100 different ones, a lot easier to just do from Point_A to Point_B and then just update global positions.

A bit clunky, but works.

Also - Eternum is lit, enjoying it.

Knowing Cartman, it's hard to distinguish sarcasm and sincerity in that phrase... And welcome to the thread!

View attachment 2808176
View attachment 2808174
Before you say much more, just look at the profile first;). A zoner royalty has bless your game development thread with his presence:D.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
A little peek at the banner I will use for the F95 game posting... The final renders are being rendered (I need to make around 10 more to finish the content portion) and knee deep in writing.

F95 - Banner Optimized.gif

One of the goals for when I post the demo - and if any experienced editor is interested and looking at this thread - is to get someone to assist me with editing the in-game text.

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Alrighty, my next update will be me referencing the Game page on F95. For now, I'll just drop a quick bullet point update about the game status:
  • Renders 100% done and post-processed
  • All images are running through lossless compressor for space (already going for 12 hours lol)
  • Coding completed and bugs squashed
  • Text is around 80% done, just finishing up the final scene. This part is what kinda made me fall with delivering on Sunday, I didn't realize how much text I still needed to write, especially given the branches, but I'm overall pretty happy with the quality.
  • Sound Effects - oh damn, I didn't realize how many SFX bits I needed to make things more cinematic xD I will hold off everything for the first chapter release. All music is there, I made about 10 pieces (yes, I call them pieces, not songs)
  • Coding is done
  • UI is redone
Aaand dropping in some new scenes as renders to keep things more interesting:

Intro_02_Camera_HD.png
Intro_04_Camera_HD.png
31_AllDown_Camera (4)_HD.png
34_KiriSpeaks_Camera (3)_HD.png

Last edited:

Deleted member 2282952

Developing I SCREAM
Game Developer
May 1, 2020
Demo done!!! Will be posted tomorrow on F95, stay tuned!

On a side note, to any game devs looking for a good music, I found this banger of a music producer who distributes everything with the CC0 license (meaning everything can be used commercially for free) - and it's super good. I am adding a lot more music to the demo, mixed with my own stuff:

It's definitely missing some sandbox features that I wanted, but all content and some features are there. Probably could add a couple more sex scenes, but I will leave it for full chapter 1 release.

22_WakeUp_Camera_QHD.png
36_37_Door_Camera_HD.png

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
JohnF95zone no offense dude but since the startup was bought out, the Giphy embeds are now 100% cancer with the overlay it shows.

Here is what it looks like for others:

View attachment 2821446
Okay then, it was showing a bit before the 'ads' showed up, and it is always like that as per what I remembered. For some reason Giphy is still one of the allowed sites for embedded media content, but I will delete it nonetheless.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Yeah, these days i just find the actual GIF files and embed them manuallyif I want an animated reaction. The embed services like giphy are just no longer giving away the lulz for free like they used to.

and FunDi sorry to derail your thread with this whinging.