VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes
Apr 28, 2019
Developer: Gallant Trombe - F95zone - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've made a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight some recommended choices. Enjoy!!
P/s: Updated to Ch2 v6 PtB
Download: MEGA
View attachment 2208625 View attachment 2208629
pleas update when you are able

JJJ84

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2018
Finished the update, and while I thought it was decent I must admit I didn't find it as engaged as earlier updates.
Biggest reason probably would be that this update didn't really have much to do with the MC's squad (they mostly take a backseat in this one), and around 70% of it was Dizzy content.
I suppose it's a great update to those who love Dizzy's character, but as for me who actually prefers MC's dynamic with his squad, I guess it left me wanting.

And before anyone misunderstands me, no I'm not saying Dizzy is a bad character (she's pretty decent, as far as characters go).
It's just that I like the squad characters more.

Though ngl, I did like the interaction between MC & Judge Hilde, as well as Mireille (the best girl!) keeping tabs on our Commander. Why do I get the feeling this is becoming more than just "for duty" for our House Utica agent. :KEK:

Kond

Jul 8, 2018
Finished the update, and while I thought it was decent I must admit I didn't find it as engaged as earlier updates.
Biggest reason probably would be that this update didn't really have much to do with the MC's squad (they mostly take a backseat in this one), and around 70% of it was Dizzy content.
I suppose it's a great update to those who love Dizzy's character, but as for me who actually prefers MC's dynamic with his squad, I guess it left me wanting.

And before anyone misunderstands me, no I'm not saying Dizzy is a bad character (she's pretty decent, as far as characters go).
It's just that I like the squad characters more.

Though ngl, I did like the interaction between MC & Judge Hilde, as well as Mireille (the best girl!) keeping tabs on our Commander. Why do I get the feeling this is becoming more than just "for duty" for our House Utica agent. :KEK:
It was not just this update, at least the last two were quite meh, and it seems that the first updates let people more engaged on the plot/game than the last ones, see, the update got released for a while already and theres not much "comotion" on the thread, i bet that a lot of players will wait 2 or 3 releases to play it again for more content and to wait the plot actually advance...
I dont remember exactly how much time we have between updates, but everytime i have the feeling that the content is not worth the wait, this combo usually makes the game lose popularity.

Last edited:

Tokenugget

Jan 25, 2022
Game should've had music in every event.. Would be much better. Not sure what these devs are thinking.... but the silence is so ugh. I mean with is 2023. Uh, can't you give us a little ambience? It's so stupid to not included at least some sound. What is this 2017? Haha....

Last edited:

Madridfan

Feb 10, 2018
Developer: Gallant Trombe - F95zone - -
Modder: LaikDink
I've made a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight some recommended choices. Enjoy!!
P/s: Updated to Ch2 v6 PtB
Download: MEGA
View attachment 2208625 View attachment 2208629
up pls ^^

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
It was not just this update, at least the last two were quite meh, and it seems that the first updates let people more engaged on the plot/game than the last ones, see, the update got released for a while already and theres not much "comotion" on the thread, i bet that a lot of players will wait 2 or 3 releases to play it again for more content and to wait the plot actually advance...
I dont remember exactly how much time we have between updates, but everytime i have the feeling that the content is not worth the wait, this combo usually makes the game lose popularity.
I'm seeing this sentiment quite a bit regarding VNs from an author who is either inexperienced, or it's their first time they're performing more than just writing the story. This forum alone is saturated with thousands of VNs that fall within a range of performance, but only a dozen seem to create something that is absolutely worth experiencing, and I truly believe that GT can be counted amongst them.

Brandon Sanderson - a popular author in the high fantasy genre - outlined in his advice to new authors that writing 2k words a week would result in a novel being written in a year (not including editing/publishing). Compare a novel - which is purely reliant on words - to a VN and now you included several other aspects that require knowledge and time. Despite RenPy making it easier to code you still have to account for UI design, FX, Visual Design, and 3D modeling to cover the remaining aspects of the "visual" part of a "Visual Novel".

For GT's case specifically, he's allocating a significant amount of time into the visuals, which is evident in every scene as you see an insane attention to detail. Every mesh he uses blends into the world seamless, every model is unique and fits the sci-fi aesthetic, every scene illustrates a world that you can easily immerse yourself into. Without the level of detail GT adds to his work we'd end up with a much inferior product that would get lost in the thousands of average VN's.

Game should've had music in every event.. Would be much better. Not sure what these devs are thinking.... but the silence is so ugh. I mean with is 2023. Uh, can't you give us a little ambience? It's so stupid to not included at least some sound. What is this 2017? Haha....
I tend to find that audio has the highest risk to lowest reward when compared to other aspects of development. It's very easy to get the audio wrong by just implementing the wrong type of music, but very rarely will it enhance the story if done right. It's more prevalent in digital media since that's already utilizing oral communications, but when it comes to a VN it can easily rip the audience out of the story.

to anyone with taste and standards, is this game worth playing?
This is probably more frustrating of an answer, but that ultimately depends on your preferences. If you want to know what content is already implemented, then that's easy enough to describe (see spoiler).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Sometimes no music/sound is better than dumping copyright free music in to a game. Music has to actually fit the theme of the game entirely and fit scene to scene without it being a massive genre jump between songs. Especially in a story heavy VN like this.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
This specific question and topic has been discussed multiple times in the thread already. Dev has explained his position and initial reasons (artistic choice related to MC's backstory) but also has come to accept the repeated requests for audio and made some start towards adding audio sfx in the ch2a release. However he also explained it's not a priority for him compared to renders.

Reactions: Ilhares

Cabin Fever

Engaged Member
Nov 23, 2018
I guess you missed the repeated discussions about why it was done that way on purpose.

TheVicarious

Nov 19, 2017
Is this game focused on maledom or is it just something that's in one scene or something? I see the tag, just wondering how much of it is :D

etool

Jun 14, 2021
I usually mute the sounds/music, and if not full mute, I turn them down to very low

I prefer a good story with good visuals over sounds

but that is my preference

4.30 star(s) 70 Votes