jed999

May 26, 2021
Best Ren-Py game I've played in a long while, the models were one of the reasons it was better than most.
Not every woman can, or should have boobs the size of Montana and be perpetually 26.
Well done on keeping the game moving forward with charachters and situations as opposed the the nearly prerequisite grindathon.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Seems like the dev can't handle a whiff of criticism
I get harsh criticism every single day, either from Twitter, from here, from Steam, on Discord, on Reddit. If I think it's warranted and from somebody who actually cares about me or the game, I'll listen to it and let it impact the game. If it's just somebody who wants to feel important by shouting their meaningless opinions onto the internet, then I toss it in the trash and maybe give them a snarky comment. That's how I handle it.

Been doing this for two years now and haven't let the mean voices on the internet slow me down, and I'm still actually reading these sites and seeing what people say about the game. I think a lot of devs just don't do that after a while, because it gets to be overwhelming.

I think I take criticism pretty well overall. Sounds like you just want me to shut up.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Been doing this for two years now and haven't let the mean voices on the internet slow me down
"Hardened by years of toxic comments, having fought off the Hordes of Entitlement (HoE) time and again, and having survived countless REEEviews, a figure steps out of the mists. The dev. She is not the same dev anymore that entered the swamps of f95zone two years ago. Standing tall. Unbroken.
And she made friends. A lot of friends along the way who believe in her and her vision. Who stand beside her.
And so she continues her journey. Confident in her abilities to mold her game in a way that her friends already like and will make her even more friends in the future."

(The Skyhill Chronicles, 2022)

titouille313

Apr 23, 2017
It's a great game, i like the different kind of romanche wor each character and the possibility to see it thought or not ... however, i'm appear to be stuck which is unfortunate.

- To advance with suzy, the game tell me reach level 3 with tammy. So the game says go chat with tammy at her work. But when i go see her, i just get the just chatting line and i stay stuck at level 2 and can't advances both characters.
- Same with jamie, impossible to reach lvl 7.
- I'm level 4 with reba, supposed to wait for her call but nothing happens and i can't anymore when calling her.

Reactions: Grimtown

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
- To advance with suzy, the game tell me reach level 3 with tammy. So the game says go chat with tammy at her work. But when i go see her, i just get the just chatting line and i stay stuck at level 2 and can't advances both characters.
- Same with jamie, impossible to reach lvl 7.
- I'm level 4 with reba, supposed to wait for her call but nothing happens and i can't anymore when calling her.
Hmmm... Reba's story can get locked if you tell Jez about the meth lab too early (and ignore the warning), but the others shouldn't be bugged.
Can you raise Jamie's affection by just calling her at night and chatting?
Not sure about the Suzy/Tammy thing.
Could you post your latest save? Here or in the #help-and-bugs channel of the Discord is both fine. I could take a look. Might be tomorrow though, I'm on my way to bed rn. :D

titouille313

Apr 23, 2017
Hmmm... Reba's story can get locked if you tell Jez about the meth lab too early (and ignore the warning), but the others shouldn't be bugged.
Can you raise Jamie's affection by just calling her at night and chatting?
Not sure about the Suzy/Tammy thing.
Could you post your latest save? Here or in the #help-and-bugs channel of the Discord is both fine. I could take a look. Might be tomorrow though, I'm on my way to bed rn. :D
Played the game several times and never went from a clean slate, don't know if i did something wrong in the past.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Played the game several times and never went from a clean slate, don't know if i did something wrong in the past.
Oof, that save is borked. Izzy has "Scenes 12/11", Jez has "Scenes 10/11", but all scenes marked as seen/complete, Reba has 4 hearts, but still the "reach 3 hearts..." hint... :eek:
Have you been playing Come Home for long? Because sometime in early 2021 between updates 6 and 7 iirc there was an "old saves might not work" moment.
I don't think I'm capable of fixing that save. :( My recommendation would be to start a new game, turn on "skip unseen content" in the prefs and then ctrl-skip the content you know and turbo to the unseen content. Just don't skip the warning when telling Jez about the meth base. ;)

Reactions: Eticketjedi

titouille313

Apr 23, 2017
Oof, that save is borked. Izzy has "Scenes 12/11", Jez has "Scenes 10/11", but all scenes marked as seen/complete, Reba has 4 hearts, but still the "reach 3 hearts..." hint... :eek:
Have you been playing Come Home for long? Because sometime in early 2021 between updates 6 and 7 iirc there was an "old saves might not work" moment.
I don't think I'm capable of fixing that save. :( My recommendation would be to start a new game, turn on "skip unseen content" in the prefs and then ctrl-skip the content you know and turbo to the unseen content. Just don't skip the warning when telling Jez about the meth base. ;)
Yeah i've been following your work for quite some time now, i've must have missed the warning back then ! I'll go from scratch on the next update, it'll make more content for me then :D

Thank you for your help, and for your work !

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Yeah i've been following your work for quite some time now, i've must have missed the warning back then ! I'll go from scratch on the next update, it'll make more content for me then :D

Thank you for your help, and for your work !
I'll take the thanks for the help, but I'm not the dev. That'd be rjrhodes, but I agree with all your praises! :D
I'm just a mod of her Discord and help out with some things now and then, including some save fixing, but since I'm not a coder anything that goes beyond the known bugs is out of reach for me.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hey guys, I've finally come back to play the las couple of updates, but it seems like this game (at least for me) is riddles with graphical glitches, like every other click causes the screen to turn pixelates and colorful.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
like this spoiler, just often a lot more extreme. Almost every word and every character pic is like that and I have no idea what to do. For most games it was enough to just change the render method or something like that, yesterday I updated the driver for my graphics card, but it didn't solve the problem either.
Is there anything else I can do?

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Hey guys, I've finally come back to play the las couple of updates, but it seems like this game (at least for me) is riddles with graphical glitches, like every other click causes the screen to turn pixelates and colorful.
like this spoiler, just often a lot more extreme. Almost every word and every character pic is like that and I have no idea what to do. For most games it was enough to just change the render method or something like that, yesterday I updated the driver for my graphics card, but it didn't solve the problem either.
Is there anything else I can do?
Try changing the renderer - press Shift-G and change it to Angle or Angle2 and see if that does not help. That is a weird problem, usually the letters get blurry.

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Try changing the renderer - press Shift-G and change it to Angle or Angle2 and see if that does not help. That is a weird problem, usually the letters get blurry.
That's what I've done with most games and it's worked for the most part or at least improved everything so it wasn't too noticeable, but this game is just extreme - almost every other click is not even exaggeration at this point.
Changing the versions (compressed to regular) hasn't helped either.

Last edited:

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
That's what I've done with most games and it's worked for the most part or at least improved everything so it wasn't too noticeable, but this game is just extreme - almost every other click is not even exaggeration at this point.
I have no idea, aside from a bad codec or something. You could try going to and ask the community there if they have seen this before. Someone there may know something.

RandMierdin

Jan 17, 2022
That first image it looks like an image of Tammy at the cafe has been overlaid over the correct image. Have you tried re-downloading the game? Maybe you have a corrupted download.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes