lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
I've been making the game for two years and it's doing very well, but you're right, I should completely change everything about it to fit with what one random guy on the internet who is not paying me anything thinks.
I look forward to the scenes of MC being tentacle raped by pan-sexual cthulu-esque creatures :cool:

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
That's what I've done with most games and it's worked for the most part or at least improved everything so it wasn't too noticeable, but this game is just extreme - almost every other click is not even exaggeration at this point.
Changing the versions (compressed to regular) hasn't helped either.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
This is the weirdest and most trippy thing I've ever seen. I have no idea how that could happen.

It looks like you're trying to play on an Apple II or something lol

Sadowdark

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 4, 2020
That's what I've done with most games and it's worked for the most part or at least improved everything so it wasn't too noticeable, but this game is just extreme - almost every other click is not even exaggeration at this point.
It looks like your graphics card is dead and you have artifacts.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
That first image it looks like an image of Tammy at the cafe has been overlaid over the correct image.
Exactly that. Looks like an afterimage, gives me "that's a hardware issue" vibes. Never seen anything like it. o_O

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Could be a hardware problem, the notebook is a couple years old, but the old program I have this kind of problem is ren'py, not all of the games though and not all of them as bad as this one.
As I said I've updated the drivers one or two days ago, so they should be as up to date as they can be.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
not all of the games though and not all of them as bad as this one.
The only difference between CH and other games that comes to mind is that most other games use jpgs where Come Home uses webp, but that would only be a codec problem. I mean, it can't hurt to update all the codecs too (I usually use the K-Lite Codec Pack Mega), but I don't think that's the underlying problem. :unsure:

Reactions: Lotex

Lotex

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
The only difference between CH and other games that comes to mind is that most other games use jpgs where Come Home uses webp, but that would only be a codec problem. I mean, it can't hurt to update all the codecs too (I usually use the K-Lite Codec Pack Mega), but I don't think that's the underlying problem. :unsure:
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try anyway. Now that you mentioned the codec pack I've installed a fresh copy of windows like 2 months ago, but haven't installed any extrenal codec packs, because I never really had much time to play these games again until recently, so it may very well be the root of the problem here.

Reactions: Grimtown

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try anyway. Now that you mentioned the codec pack I've installed a fresh copy of windows like 2 months ago, but haven't installed any extrenal codec packs, because I never really had much time to play these games again until recently, so it may very well be the root of the problem here.
k-lite and webp/webm codecs help.

Reactions: Lotex

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Yeah, seems like the codec pack that Grimtown suggested did the trick, so far I haven't encountered another one of these glitches.
I'm glad that I was wrong about the underlying cause. Faulty hardware would be a much bigger pain in the ass. (y)

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Hey everybody. There were a few bugs in Update 12 that I felt like were important enough to release a new version to fix them.

PC:
Mac:

Changelog:
- Fixed what Suzy says she's doing in the morning when she sleeps over.
- Fixed Suzy's line showing it is from Lisa at end of Lisa's business trip.
- Fixed missing images in juliana12 replay
- Fixed Welch12 replay opening the wrong scene.
- Fixed Adrian12 replay not ending correctly and causing the game to reset.
- Fixed a line in a conversation being attributed to Tammy instead of the MC.
- Fixed hint text for Juliana Missionary Sex that was repeating.
- Fixed Dana sex replays not ending correctly and causing the game to reset.
- Fixed last image of Jamie Grotto Sex not appearing if DLC outfit is chosen.
- Made library girl scene replayable in Lisa's Business Trip replays.
- Fixed Tammy sex replays not ending correctly and causing the game to reset.
- Fixed Kendra Anal Missionary replay not ending correctly and causing the game to reset.
- Fixed Reba Date replays exiting after first conversation.

4.30 star(s) 108 Votes