Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
And I don't know who should control her. Maybe Tessah, she is suspiciously out of the story right now, but other primordials doesn't make sense.
Tessah was effectively dead until Nael revived her, and that was after Claire started going all nazi mode. She might be manipulating her to make her more heartless but she didn't change Claire's base nature like she did with Az. She would've just turned Claire's genocide dial up from a 6 or a 7 to an 11. I think it's still more likely that Claire is just letting her inner self out now that she's in a position of power.

ProtoJoto

Aug 25, 2021
This chapter raises a lot of questions, like: what is the gestation period of a dark one? How long does it take them to mature (a second? Ten thousand years?) Will the new one be a primordial? Will the MC defect to the Brotherhood, and can he take Emma and Clara with him? Is there a way to get Gab back in the game? I can’t stand waiting months for answers, so speculation is welcome….

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
what is the gestation period of a dark one?
Probably a combination of as long as the mother wants it to be, measured against how long the fetus takes to develop some sense of sentience. Dark ones are shape shifters so if a 12 week dark one fetus gained self awareness then I imagine there'd be pretty much nothing stopping them from just developing themself as much as they want.
Will the new one be a primordial?
Possibly? The only new dark ones in existence are Noel and Amy and they were both instantly primordials. Were they primordials because they were created by a primordial or were then because they were created by Nael? Amy might be a primordial but she's way weaker than Nael so who knows if her offspring would exceed the authority threshold of a primordial. I suspect that her offspring would be an extremely powerful dark one, likely high S class potential but I'm skeptical that without some serious intervention or feeding that she'd exceed a primordial's baseline.
Will the MC defect to the Brotherhood, and can he take Emma and Clara with him?
Probably, depending on your stats. I've got 81 brotherhood points on my main save, it'd be weird if MC didn't join them, or possibly even promote to leadership of it. Then again who knows if there'll even be a brotherhood after what that shitbag Claire did.
Is there a way to get Gab back in the game?
Last time Gab died Nael destroyed the entire fucking universe. I think he'll die at some point but not until Nael mentally and emotionally develops a bit more. He'll probably get rescued at least this once.

What I find really interesting is what will happen to Two. MC and Blake aren't going to fight him on a busy passenger airplane when all 4 of them need to get home first, but they're gonna be locked in tight quarters on a trans Atlantic flight. That's a lot of time to bury the hatchet and Two is by far the most pragmatic of the 4 horsemen that we'd seen.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: ProtoJoto

Rodrigoofb

Aug 24, 2020
Another banger of an update. But after all the events unfolded it became clear, Claire needs to go. Right now she is more of a threat than anything we've seen despite not being a companion. And personally this whole "My child is in danger so now i have to become Hitler" is fucking crazy. I hope the dev doesn't pull some weak ass shit and have her being controlled/manipulated just to avoid having to kill her, because right now i'd like nothing more. I love Clara but Claire won't get a pass just because she's her mom.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Made a kind of "UI restoration" Mod which reverts some of the new game screens back to the ones from Ch7. Also added are my usual game enhancements (textbox/textsize/quick menu/named saves etc).
I also integrated a replay gallery unlocker + the WT Mod from here is also already included.

Download Mod Ch8 (~6MB)
(extract and put the files into the .../game folder)
Pixeldrain

Some ingame screens of the Mod
View attachment 3562064 View attachment 3562065 View attachment 3562066 View attachment 3562067 View attachment 3562068 View attachment 3562069 View attachment 3562070
Are you planning to update this and are you waiting for the WT to update?

Kinky Boi

Jul 15, 2024
Damn she has really lost the plot went from just saving my daughter to this.Also the blue haired bitch seems quite involved as well she needs to go aswell for a millennia or two.
I think dev is trying to make story more interesting, I would like to see how things will end up.

But seriously didn't expect a sweet caring mother became a real monster.

thekkiller

May 11, 2018
the fact that the only reason Claire didnt choose to nuking the whole continent or releasing an human apocalipse virus because Clara would be affected is crazy, right now clara is the most important person in this universe and she went to talk to an eldritch horror being like she went to buy snacks, fucking hilarius

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
I have no issues with Claire whatsoever, Legion did send her messenger's head back to her. Refused to back down. At some point the "good" guys have to make a stand. You can't be good forever when every time you exercise your good will you are taken for a fool. Legion or anyone else messing with Claire should know what fear is. The only reason why all these other factions even got to this point was because they thought Claire and her Org were toothless. On an equal footing and with all cards upfront this sends a direct message to every wannabe gangster "in town" that if you mess with them you get the stick.

I'm fully on board with the way the game is going. What did you expect would happen? For the bad guys to say "naww sowwy my bad we'll just stop being evil and stop doing evil things to hurt you guys"? Nah my dudes. This is how you set boundaries and make sure nobody breaks them.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I have no issues with Claire whatsoever, Legion did send her messenger's head back to her. Refused to back down. At some point the "good" guys have to make a stand. You can't be good forever when every time you exercise your good will you are taken for a fool. Legion or anyone else messing with Claire should know what fear is. The only reason why all these other factions even got to this point was because they thought Claire and her Org were toothless. On an equal footing and with all cards upfront this sends a direct message to every wannabe gangster "in town" that if you mess with them you get the stick.

I'm fully on board with the way the game is going. What did you expect would happen? For the bad guys to say "naww sowwy my bad we'll just stop being evil and stop doing evil things to hurt you guys"? Nah my dudes. This is how you set boundaries and make sure nobody breaks them.
Were you born without a sense of reading comprehension or something? Legion killed her messenger because they were attacked by Ren's people and assumed they were assassins from the order. Then at the end of the update we learn that Claire had contracted Ren to attack the legion. The order aren't the good guys. They literally paid assassins to kill their own people so they could declare war on the other factions. Claire is the entire architect of her own messenger being killed, she intentionally sent him there to die to manipulate the situation so she could wipe out not the "bad guys" but her rivals. Claire's as far disconnected from being one of the good guys as is humanly possible.

robertfierce

Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Am I the only one that thinks someone crazy should be in charge? Why? Well nobody wants to mess with crazy and because of it, the only outcome is peace because everyone is too afraid to do anything. Nah man. I think Claire is right on the money with this one. The Order is what keeps the order. How poetic.

4.30 star(s) 104 Votes