AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
I'd like to give you some money...

Get a patreon page right now!!!
Lol, thanks. Maybe for v0.2

Good morning. Okay, one last round before work.

I get what you're saying. But those examples (fucking Alice while drunk or raping Elly) are terrible ideas that any normal person would recognize as terrible ideas, so most people wouldn't miss choices like that. And people who would like to see such choices implemented can just think up a nice game-over-screen for themselves. Those choices not being there can just be seen as the MC's personality, he just wouldn't even consider it. That's fine. On the other hand, being scared of the scary CS seems like a natural thing to me, and therefore, once that meeting was over and he has some time to process all this...
On the other side, I don't want to demand that you figure out an alternate storyline where MC rejects CS and still goes after Alice and Elly. That is would clearly be a massive undertaking.

Well, yes obviously neither of us is gonna build a spaceship anytime soon. And neither your MC. What I was trying to say is (and maybe I'm being an idiot): The MC isn't just an average guy. Yes, you make him out to be, but there is one thing he is neither of us are. He's the main character of a story. Have you ever looked at the group of people with that description. Some crazy people in that group. The whole point of main characters is that they always find some way around anything that stands between them and their happy end. Unless you wanna write a tragedy or something. And like I said, they don't always find the way without help, and CS could be the help he needs. I just feel like a more plausible source of help would be much easier to swallow for the readers.

I'm not sure why I said that either. I guess I was rambling. It was pretty late... To clarify, I don't demand a CS history lesson. In fact, I don't think that would be super interesting. I think my point was that implausible things become plausible if you see them happen right in front of you. In short, seeing is believing.
For example let's say someone tells me, "I know a guy who fucks a bunch of girls all the time, he's got a regular harem." I would think they're screwing with me, but I'd be interested enough to, say read all about it in a book. Or a game such as this one. Now I may or may not believe what I read, depending on the details. But let's say something really weird also appears in that book, like... a secret free love society that... well you know the rest. I'd probably close the book, thinking no way I can believe that. Of course I know that this game is fiction, but it's about the suspension of disbelief, and mine is taxed rather heavily by this introduction. And I don't think having their origins explained in whatever amount of detail is gonna help much.

Right. Now this one I really don't know why I wrote anymore. I just tagged that onto the end without thinking... Sorry about that.

One final point and then I gotta run. And this one isn't even about CS.
During two scenes, one when you're supposed to wake up Elly, and the other when Alice is passed out drunk, you're given the option to jerk off. Now if you do choose to do so, you get interrupted. That's fine. But by choosing not to, the narration later on makes it seem like he did it anyway. This is really stupid. It's not quite as big a deal here as it is in some other games I've played, but now that I've complained so much, I figure I might as well say that too.

Aaaand I'm off. Have a nice day, man.
Good morning man (fun fact: I will go to sleep after this)

The personality that lets me avoid adding rape options in the game (MC's personality) is the same reason that lets me avoid adding a path without CS in the middle. MC knows that raping Elly would be a terrible idea but it isn't like he never raped her because he knows how bad it would be and that he could end locked in a jail (and the player will see a game over screen). Even if rape was legal in that world and MC could rape everyone around him without facing any consequence, he wouldn't do it just because he doesn't want to do it, because he is a good guy and raping others doesn't fit in his personality, but the thing that does fit in his personality is that he is curious enough about CS to willingly want to be part of it and he is such a good guy that he doesn't let his fears distort his interest towards facing his feelings for Alice and Elly.

I understand that the MC in a game is the one capable of doing, somehow, whatever he wants and achieve his goals but this guy in particular isn't capable of achieving his goals by himself (Why? Is he an idiot? Yes, probably), and by chance CS existed, and by accident MC meets them. That is the story I want to tell. I thought about Jenkins being the one that helps MC in his travel instead of CS and I writed a lot about how Jenkins was in the same situation than MC but he did achieve his goals and now he sees himself in MC so he wants to help him, but I liked CS more.

I understand if you or someone else thinks that CS is a little too much even for this kind of games and that I could find another way to develop the story, but again, I liked CS more.

Lol.

That's also my b. I fixed a few of those lines but I always find more after an update. So far I already took note of two of those lines, consider them fixed for v0.1-c.

I just wanna say I love your game! Don't change it because people say so. It is important that it's your game with the style you like. Otherwise you will not enjoy making it anymore. I have seen devs starting polls about how people want their game to be and it usually ends up too much for the devs to handle. Do it your game that you love and we will love it too.
Thanks! And don't worry, I'm not capable of writting stories that I don't like (I'm not really a creative person). I write things for fun and my creativity is limited only to what I think it could be fun for me.

LGM

Nov 22, 2018
Hey, hope you slept well.
Alright then. I think I've argued enough about it and got my points across. Thanks for your time. Keep up the good work. I'll keep an eye on it for as long as I can stand it. And who knows, maybe you'll change my mind and I'll be singing CS's praises soon. Finally:
(I'm not really a creative person)
I disagree. What you've written so far seems to indicate far more creativity than I have. Which doesn't mean much, but still.

Have a fantastic day, man.

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Hello everyone, it's time for the weekly's newsletter.

For those of you who met The Game with v0.1-b, I usually do a "Weekly's newsletter" once a week talking a little about what's going on with the game and what I did last week.

(By the way, I did it again)

The SSB weeklies tournaments are 100% functional now. MC will be able to play against the best players of his city and travel to a total of 8 cities to prove who is the best Super Squash Brother player in the state. The cities will have different difficulties, number of players, inscription fee, venue fee and quantity and % of money for winning and by winning you will increase your popularity, but that’s something for the future.
I also started working on the CGs. It’s been almost 3 weeks since the last time I did it so I was kinda rusty, but my rustiness wasn’t a match for how rusty my notebook was (oh boy... I did half of Word of Light plus while waiting for it to unfreeze). My notebook (I call it Notty) it’s almost like a person with good days and bad days, hopefully tomorrow will be better. Right now I am working on Lucile’s event after what happened in the rooftop.

sc.png

By reading people comments on this thread and other threads about other games/things in this forum I thought about implementing two "modes" to the game.

One of them will be playing with a Hint system where the options in the menu choices will show/suggest the effects of each option like adding/losing RP with a character and tell people about an upcoming scene. This Hint mode will be a waaay more hold handing experience than the regular game. I guess I could give player the option to use it or not at the beginning of the game and them turn it on/off in the Preferences menu. The only downside of this system (applies only to this "mode" and not the regular game) would be that I won't be able to explain ALL the repercussions of every option so I guess just a regular WT on a PDF would be better.

The other "mode" I thought would be an option at the beginning to play the game as a VN instead of a Sandbox. I saw a lot of people saying that they avoid Sandbox games as the plague so this would be a good way to "please" both audiences. The downside of this VN mode (also only applied to this mode and not the regular game) would be that some parts of the story won't make too much sense like for example: How would you get to be the best SSB player in the world if you never had the free time of the Sandbox mode to train SSB? Jenkins will play a big role in the future but why would he do anything for you if you didn't spend your free time helping him? I could put a clarification at the beginning of the game warning about this one.

And the general downside of those two "modes" would be that they will take time from the original game (because those modes wont code themselves) so let me know what you think about it. That's all for now, thanks for reading.

Reactions: Nocturnal85
Dec 29, 2018
Hello everyone, it's time for the weekly's newsletter.

For those of you who met The Game with v0.1-b, I usually do a "Weekly's newsletter" once a week talking a little about what's going on with the game and what I did last week.

(By the way, I did it again)

The SSB weeklies tournaments are 100% functional now. MC will be able to play against the best players of his city and travel to a total of 8 cities to prove who is the best Super Squash Brother player in the state. The cities will have different difficulties, number of players, inscription fee, venue fee and quantity and % of money for winning and by winning you will increase your popularity, but that’s something for the future.
I also started working on the CGs. It’s been almost 3 weeks since the last time I did it so I was kinda rusty, but my rustiness wasn’t a match for how rusty my notebook was (oh boy... I did half of Word of Light plus while waiting for it to unfreeze). My notebook (I call it Notty) it’s almost like a person with good days and bad days, hopefully tomorrow will be better. Right now I am working on Lucile’s event after what happened in the rooftop.

By reading people comments on this thread and other threads about other games/things in this forum I thought about implementing two "modes" to the game.

One of them will be playing with a Hint system where the options in the menu choices will show/suggest the effects of each option like adding/losing RP with a character and tell people about an upcoming scene. This Hint mode will be a waaay more hold handing experience than the regular game. I guess I could give player the option to use it or not at the beginning of the game and them turn it on/off in the Preferences menu. The only downside of this system (applies only to this "mode" and not the regular game) would be that I won't be able to explain ALL the repercussions of every option so I guess just a regular WT on a PDF would be better.

The other "mode" I thought would be an option at the beginning to play the game as a VN instead of a Sandbox. I saw a lot of people saying that they avoid Sandbox games as the plague so this would be a good way to "please" both audiences. The downside of this VN mode (also only applied to this mode and not the regular game) would be that some parts of the story won't make too much sense like for example: How would you get to be the best SSB player in the world if you never had the free time of the Sandbox mode to train SSB? Jenkins will play a big role in the future but why would he do anything for you if you didn't spend your free time helping him? I could put a clarification at the beginning of the game warning about this one.

And the general downside of those two "modes" would be that they will take time from the original game (because those modes wont code themselves) so let me know what you think about it. That's all for now, thanks for reading.
As much as I like the idea of a hint system, if it means less time being put into the regular game, then I don’t want it. It would be nice to know for certain decisions, but then again I always save at choices I feel are important anyways, so I suggest that you focus on main game first. Try and atleast finish the regular game before you start adding modes to it, otherwise the project won’t be finished until maybe 2 years later... anyways that’s my take on it.

kira07

Feb 28, 2018
Sandbox is a game when you have to click on where you want to go, correct?

If yes, I see it much better IF the game has a real walkthrough tha actually tell you where to go, in fact, the most popular games in the forum are all sandbox

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
I believe I did the dishes, but Alice never shows up outside. Oh well. I'll wait for the next release or something.
That shouldn't be possible but you are the third person telling me that and none of them gave me any info when I asked about it. Could you tell me, step by step, what you did before and after the dishes?

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
I just made this account to tell you that I like this game, the only thing I don't really like is Cody, I don't really know why, maybe it was because he had the first sex scene in the game (for me at least) or because he seems way too smug (again it may be just to me), so can we later get ride of him? or avoid him all the time if that isn't posible?

Anyway I'm eager to see more of this game and I'm even thinking of giving you some money if you ever make a patreon, so keep the good job.
Hello, welcome to the forum.

You aren't the first to think that about Cody. My intention with him was to made a guy who is able to do jokes on situations where he probably shouldn't joke at all but even with that he still is a good guy who loves Cadence and he is very happy to meet MC. He will be there for MC a few more times to help him achieving his goals but don't worry, his screen time will be nothing compared to the rest of the characters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nocturnal85

Robert rivers

Feb 6, 2018
dude this is like the most promising game I have ever seen this year, I have great hopes it this, even the part of the complex society drives me insane with the possibilities, perfect breast size, perfect dialogue, perfect progression, with just a bug in the star gallery option, I can't thank enough to the devs for this gem, I will certanly look foward to it, keep the good work fellows

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
dude this is like the most promising game I have ever seen this year, I have great hopes it this, even the part of the complex society drives me insane with the possibilities, perfect breast size, perfect dialogue, perfect progression, with just a bug in the star gallery option, I can't thank enough to the devs for this gem, I will certanly look foward to it, keep the good work fellows
Hi, thank you for your kind words. What bug did you find in the gallery?

• Love
Reactions: Robert rivers
Feb 7, 2018
That shouldn't be possible but you are the third person telling me that and none of them gave me any info when I asked about it. Could you tell me, step by step, what you did before and after the dishes?

Sorry, no. I was basically clicking through as fast as possible to get to the good stuff.

I do remember one thing that was weird, but I don't remember if it was related to the dishes quest or not. I went out to the kitchen via one route and clicked on the mother and it was a nothing response. When I left and came into the kitchen via another route - the one with the parents bedroom, it triggered some event that didn't trigger before.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
When I click the gallery I got an exception:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope it helps fellow, and thanks for asking, I would try to inspect even more on the details if you agree (some little misspellings for example)
:facepalm:

When I converted the files to save space (The game was 1.6GB with .png and now is +350MB with .webp) I forgot to change the code in the gallery and that 'images/intro/b01_01.png' should say 'images/intro/b01_01.webp'. Here is a link with all the bonus content in the gallery:

I'm already working with a proofreader but if you want you can report those typos and misspellings in the typo section of the

• Love
Reactions: Robert rivers

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
EDIT: 08/19/2019

These posts are about me answering to a troll and his 5-7 account before I realized what was happening. Those accounts and their posts were deleted so now it looks like me multiposting a lot. I guess that guy liked my game that much, or maybe it was a coordinated attack by ICSTOR and DarkCookie because they think that my game will became a threat for their Patreon's income (?), who knows, a man can dream...

I won't delet them because I don't have any good reason to do it, but most of them are looongs walls of text and it can be annoying to scroll down so I put then in a spoiler box. There aren't anything worthy to read tbh.

Last edited:

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019

These posts are about me answering to a troll and his 5-7 account before I realized what was happening. Those accounts and their posts were deleted so now it looks like me multiposting a lot. I won't delet them because I don't have any good reason to do it, but most of them are looongs walls of text and it can be annoying to scrol down so I put then in a spoiler box. There aren't anything worthy to read tbh.

Last edited:

AbrokenA Productions

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019

These posts are about me answering to a troll and his 5-7 account before I realized what was happening. Those accounts and their posts were deleted so now it looks like me multiposting a lot. I won't delet them because I don't have any good reason to do it, but most of them are looongs walls of text and it can be annoying to scrol down so I put then in a spoiler box. There aren't anything worthy to read tbh.

Last edited:

jamdan

Forum Fanatic
Sep 28, 2018
LI = Love Interest. Someone the MC can have a romantic relationship with.

Most of their posts shows that they immerse themselves as MC, so they dont want to see the girls get with any guys regardless if its in the past or present. It doesn't really have anything to do with the story or "vanilla" or anything else.

3.80 star(s) 46 Votes