mixa007

Jan 15, 2022
It's sad that this is happening to this developer :(. I really hope that he does not mutate into bloggers who only write about personal problems and the difficulties of releasing updates, like icstor and darkcookies.

Xanatos

May 6, 2019
Can't decide if I respect or loathe that honesty.

I decided, it's loathe. You're either a professional or you are not. That is unprofessional.
But they're not professionals. He's not a studio, with employees, executives, and investors, people who can hold him accountable. All he is is a guy with a hobby and a Patreon.

I wasn't a big fan of the transition to 3D models, but it was supposedly for the sake of pushing out updates quicker. That didn't happen, it's actually been slower. He's not making excuses, sure, but it shows you why throwing money at those people isn't really worth it. I don't think it's worthy of respect though, it just shows this guy is just doing a hobby and doesn't feel much sense of responsibility towards his donors.

F4iunyl3x

Modder
Aug 26, 2018

sarsexbalc2tease.gif

A lot of things happened for me during this summer, it also has impacted my work speed.

I don't think the reasons are important, I just present you my apologies.

So, I changed the plans for the next update's content. It was supposed to be a small update with a few scenes.

But now, the next 0.2.8 Update will contains:

- All missing Lv 2 daily life events for Valerie

- Valerie's complete Lv 3 story

- Valerie's complete lv 3 daily life events

Most of Valerie's animations are finished, there is only the most important left for the end. There is still to write some scenes and merge everything.

• There are around 15 new animation for Valerie this update
(So when you'll play it, do Valerie's daily life events first of her level 2, then do her story, then redo her daily life stuff again)

It should then have more scenes than "usual" updates, however I'm not sure I could make it for the end of September, I'm sorry. I know, this is already too much of a waiting, I can't do better with the current situation. It's supposed to go a lot better and faster after 0.2.8

Also I'm trying a kind of movable animation, like you choose to look up or down, to see what you want to see (face, boobs, bottom, etc...) Images has to be bigger, but then it's easier to make a POV that shows everything

As you can see on the GIF above (Gif quality), I also have many animation from other girls that are 90% finished. They are not for 0.2.8 but for the updates after that.

It means that After the 0.2.8, maybe half of the update's art is already complete and should be done by less than a month after the 0.2.8 (Many daily life events for the other girls).

So after Valerie's 0.2.8 update, we gonna take care of other girl's missing events.

The events that involve multiple characters won't be filled right now, because it would be scenes that comes after the ending (like, a roaming map after the final ending resolution)

mammoth123

Sep 28, 2021
The patreon system is not working, you just pay to keep the game in development, instead to pay for a released full game. They work hard until they get good income in patreon then they relax, start getting sick frequently, busy with real life problems, more time between updates, etc. The next update will have X and it will be awesome, you play the update and see that is not the work of 5-8 months of work and is not that awesome where they promised in their weekly/monthly patreon updates..

This is just a suspect until you see that they generate a good income and they dont grow, they dont hire anyone for the team to increase the game speed, because that will increase the speed of the development, if they do they hire 1 new to the team, but that changes nothing because the delay is the same or more personal needed and they can afford.

This happened too in the industry with the early access games that were years in this state before release.

Try to stop supporting this system and force to release a complete game, not milking the same during years.

mammoth123

Sep 28, 2021
There were a lot of games in that state (i don't know now), but the most i recall is Ark, i remember it was years in early access.

As for this game, i remember before it was hand drawn and it were new update every 1-2 months, later he said he was going to change the graphics because its more comfortable to him and it will speed the development times, i was the only i agreed with this change, the graphics wasnt the same but still acceptable, and it was for more frequent updates.

Then he said he hired a writer (1 people) and this will increase the speed.

Now he said his life changed and spent the summer living social life, thats not bad but you have responsabilities, specially with those who were paying you while you were not working. Its ok to live, im not saying that, but not abandon your responsabilities completely. This chain of events put this game in the list of games that is on the state i described in the post above, the developer has a good income and its not willing to finish the game, like summertime, waifu academy...

In other games people defend creators because the game is free and is in development, it because this they are subject to these critics form paid or free users. With another system that is not patron developing eternal game and releasing a complete game and selling it, the critics will center on the quality of the game.

hobobrother

Jul 16, 2020
The patreon system is not working, you just pay to keep the game in development, instead to pay for a released full game. They work hard until they get good income in patreon then they relax, start getting sick frequently, busy with real life problems, more time between updates, etc. The next update will have X and it will be awesome, you play the update and see that is not the work of 5-8 months of work and is not that awesome where they promised in their weekly/monthly patreon updates..

This is just a suspect until you see that they generate a good income and they dont grow, they dont hire anyone for the team to increase the game speed, because that will increase the speed of the development, if they do they hire 1 new to the team, but that changes nothing because the delay is the same or more personal needed and they can afford.

This happened too in the industry with the early access games that were years in this state before release.

Try to stop supporting this system and force to release a complete game, not milking the same during years.
Patreon model is not intended to develop something is made to support and get private assets/bonuses, look at SFW game on crowdfund the minimum for a not really shitty game (yet still shitty) is around 60K$ art, programming, debugging, testing, marketing, + "stupid special bonuses" takes time and money. Adding someone to the team first of all doesnt mean 2x speed on work done at best means 0.9x speed but healthier work environment. It doesnt help either that most games in here are done by people how know very little about programming so the time to takes to implement a simple idea is stupidly high not to mention debugging...

Reactions: Panduxxo

mixa007

Jan 15, 2022
It's really f...ck bad that a dev does this. At first he said that he would try to release the update at the end of August or at the beginning of September, then he postponed the release to the end of September and now he claims that he does not have time to complete the update in September and at the same time it will be very small. Before that, he promised that the transition to 3d would allow him to speed up (which I personally fully supported) and now he again came up with some kind of "miracle method" of development, thanks to which updates will be released faster. :mad:

mixa007

Jan 15, 2022
Well, gentlemen, perhaps we are witnessing the usual process of the death of a developer when he reaches a certain "point of popularity." A similar death has already befallen many - darkcookies, icstor, etc. (their name is Legion).

lybs88

Oct 1, 2017
From what I understand, this was always intended to be a shorter game - but if anything of what the last patreon post is true, it seems like the dev has too many ideas they wanna do instead of focusing on releasing on a steady schedule - which leads to stress from overworking and post-poned releases because of bugfixs or adding more content to compensating for the missed release, which leads to more bug fixes. This has all the signs of creator´s fatigue all over it. I wouldn´t be surprised if he starts working on something else soon and this game is going to be on a hiatus. Sad really, but there seem to be stuff IRL going on on Eroniverse end so it could be inevitable. I am still going to enjoy the game tho, I can´t wait to hate-fuck Valerie.

4.30 star(s) 184 Votes