Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
I've already answered on our Discord channel, but here is my take:

The reason for the major rewrite was that the system for calculating and accumulating "points" (God, I hate that word) needed to change in order to give people access to choices that they thought they should have based on their previous decisions. That involved re-balancing the "points" system and how they're calculated. Even if you play through the story the exact same way as before, you might end up with different results. By providing save files for what you presume is the "right" way to play, you're potentially robbing others of paths that they might have chosen on their own.

There was never any presumed "right" path. I fought against having any outward sign of points or disabled choices from the beginning, but was told by play-testers that they felt robbed because they didn't know what impact their choices were having on the overall story. But that was always kinda the point. I didn't want this to be about "100-percenting the game" as there is no such thing. It was always meant to be played as you would if you were the MC. If you wanted to go back later and see what other choices would have done, fine. But people should be able to choose their own play style.

If players are only in it for scenes to fap to, there are tons of other VNs here to choose from where that's their only purpose. I've said enough (stepping off my soapbox). ;)
Hang on ... isn't the reason we're here to hear you on your soapbox?

• Haha
Reactions: PapaPhat

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Good read, good update.

Though I will say the 'new look' made her look very much more like a boy to me.
Would have expected something either more tame or more feminine, not so butch.
Exactly. Alex wants to be more feminine, to feel comfortable as a 'woman'. Instead, looks 100% more manly...

... Something clearly went wrong at the barber...

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Though I will say the 'new look' made her look very much more like a boy to me.
Would have expected something either more tame or more feminine, not so butch.
The haircut was supposed to say more about agency and less about "femininity." Hair styles are so very particular and individual. And subject to extremes in personal preference.

Although, I don't know that you could call any of these actresses "masculine"...

1699368943709.png 1699369461585.png 1699369521810.png 1699369146946.png

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Exactly. Alex wants to be more feminine, to feel comfortable as a 'woman'. Instead, looks 100% more manly...

... Something clearly went wrong at the barber...
As pointed out by a few people including the developer the hair style is a statement from Alex, that she refuses to be the victim anymore for a bunch of criminal bigots (her sister included).
Also i completely disagree about the idea that short hair equates less femininity.

Last edited:

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
As pointed out by a few people including the developer the hair style is a statement from Alex, that she refuses to be the victim anymore for a bunch of criminal bigots (her sister included).
Also i completely disagree about the idea that short hair equates less femininity.
Short hair, depending on the both the look and facial structure, can work surely. However, with Alex, again as stated from others, it makes 'her' looks more masciline and more of a butch rather than feminine. As said from me and others, not exactly our cup of tea.

And statements can be better said with better hair style choices. Just saying.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
The haircut was supposed to say more about agency and less about "femininity." Hair styles are so very particular and individual. And subject to extremes in personal preference.

Although, I don't know that you could call any of these actresses "masculine"...

View attachment 3067547 View attachment 3067561 View attachment 3067563 View attachment 3067554
One of the most unbelievably sexy singers of my youth (that recently died) shaved her head to make a powerful statement. She not only didn't loose an ounce of sexiness, she actually gained a ton of sex appeal.

Please do ignore these bigots that want to lock gender roles under a strict formula of looks and dress codes. None of that matters in the slightest, unless you are either a bigot, or extremely superficial (or both).

Women, trans or cis, can wear whatever hair style they fucking want. For whatever fucking reason. While making whatever fucking statement. It ABSOLUTELY isn't about the observer, it is about THEM and ONLY them. Yes, they want you to look and see, they aren't asking you to like it or dislike it. They don't need or want your approval or disapproval. You (and me) are only part of the statement as onlookers without EVEN the right to an opinion. Oh, you can have them, spades, TONS of them. Just keep them to yourself, because they are NOT WELCOME and are actually NOT NEEDED.

Whether you like or not, none of that is about YOU (or me). None of it. The sooner you understand your role, the better.

Yes, I am aware that anyone that addresses Alex as "her", will NOT like this post. Well, guess what, it wasn't meant to be liked by the likes of you. So...

Peace :)

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
One of the most unbelievably sexy singers of my youth (that recently died) shaved her head to make a powerful statement. She not only didn't loose an ounce of sexiness, she actually gained a ton of sex appeal.

Please do ignore these bigots that want to lock gender roles under a strict formula of looks and dress codes. None of that matters in the slightest, unless you are either a bigot, or extremely superficial (or both).

Women, trans or cis, can wear whatever hair style they fucking want. For whatever fucking reason. While making whatever fucking statement. It ABSOLUTELY isn't about the observer, it is about THEM and ONLY them. Yes, they want you to look and see, they aren't asking you to like it or dislike it. They don't need or want your approval or disapproval. You (and me) are only part of the statement as onlookers without EVEN the right to an opinion. Oh, you can have them, spades, TONS of them. Just keep them to yourself, because they are NOT WELCOME and are actually NOT NEEDED.

Whether you like or not, none of that is about YOU (or me). None of it. The sooner you understand your role, the better.

Yes, I am aware that anyone that addresses Alex as "her", will NOT like this post. Well, guess what, it wasn't meant to be liked by the likes of you. So...

Hang on ... When did having a preference for long hair and referring to Alex by their preferred pronouns become mutually exclusive?

• Haha
Reactions: FatGiant

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
Hang on ... When did having a preference for long hair and referring to Alex by their preferred pronouns become mutually exclusive?
They're not. You can have all the preferences you want. While they apply to you and your interests, they don't rule what others can or can't do, right?
The pronouns is the same subset of users that want both to treat Alex as a "her" and don't like women, cis or trans, unless they follow their specific rules about looks and dress code. IMHO I think they don't really like women, they like sex dolls and one model only, what model they like changes from one user to the other...

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
As a male with long hair, I disagree with any argument that long hair has anything to do with gender. If I could grow my ponytail down to my butt, I would.
As a retired pro bassist, I too have worn my hair rather long at times, down to my shoulder blades... I could comb it out like Cousin It of the Addams family at one point even... of course I had a long beard down to my sternum as well... But, I fully agree that hair length has no affect on masculinity, femininity or gender at all. Peace, friend!
Adventure ever on, Phat;)(y)

frozenfeet

Aug 2, 2019

View attachment 3067547 View attachment 3067561 View attachment 3067563 View attachment 3067554
I would still call all of their haircuts hideous though. :( And for Alex, now it looks even more like a guy dressed as a girl. I guess she is the butch dyke trans now?

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I would still call all of their haircuts hideous though. :( And for Alex, now it looks even more like a guy dressed as a girl. I guess she is the butch dyke trans now?
b407.jpg
Interesting. As I've said many times before, Alex and Chris share the exact same G8.1F model. Alex was tweaked a bit to give her a slightly more angular nose and chin. (And slightly larger breasts.) This was done on purpose because of the story. But for all the people presuming somehow that a change in hairstyle suddenly implies a wholesale shift in femininity--it's just a haircut, and not an uncommon one at that. The name of the style says it all. Not the Butch, or the Manly, but the Pixie cut. Nothing else about Alex's model changed except for the hair, and a touch of makeup.

I get that some may prefer longer hair on women. But that's one of the tenets of the story: that what you are inside makes you who you are, not (among other things) your outward appearance. Who decided that longer hair makes a woman more feminine? It's the same argument used against men in the '60's that wore long hair. Polite society deemed that it was deviant and made them look "like girls." Today, people might make fun of a guy with long hair behind their back, but probably don't presume their sexuality based on their hair length.

If you don't like her hairstyle, then great. That's your right. But the "I guess she is the butch dyke trans now" statement was a bit Kevin-y, TTYTT.

4.10 star(s) 36 Votes