AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
author completely unaware that any person on estrogen develops "normal breasts"? I started at 19, well past my very early male puberty, and in 2 years I had C cups, most transfems I know had similar, age isn't much of a factor for developing breasts

Also I have to say, for a game that's going through the trouble of explaining the childhood experience of this transfem protag, and going as far as explaining puberty blockers then HRT, it feels odd that they ignore that having a functioning penis after that process would require using testosterone cream to make the genital area develop, or even testosterone injections, I've known girls who've done both. Also big fail in the "i never masturbate bit", she would have massive health issues as the penis can atrophy which would lead to pretty significant *relevant to the story* issues, also, asexual people jerk off too lol, overall lots of misses in this intro

Author really needs a transfem consultant on this to flesh out these parts. Hell, I'm offering, maybe even for free if they take up the offer, if a game about a trans woman is going to actually approach the subject and be exposed to many people, it should be written in a well informed way

ps: come on, if the motivation for the character to go to the gym is that she's insecure about her weight, at least make her a little chubby rather than lean with a flat stomach, to have boobs her size without working out regularly and being on a diet, you literally have to be chubby and curvy, because if you lose enough weight to not be chubby, all the fat on the breasts goes away as well
Well, thanks for playing my little story. As to your comments:

You presume that I didn't do any research into the transfem experience. (Or, on a related note, that I needed to in the first place...) Breast size is going to differ based on family history, etc., but several studies show that a majority of patients (around 70%) barely achieve even an A-cup size after three years of therapy. One such study can be found . You would be lucky at a C-cup because the study showed that only 3% achieved that (300-450cc) after three years. The three year mark is important because breast size tends to plateau by that point.

Studies also show that puberty blockers and then early HRT therapy increases the chance for more fully-developed breasts. In the story, Alex takes puberty blockers starting at age 10, and then begins HRT at age 13.

I purposely left the mechanics of maintenance out of the story. It didn't seem interesting having to reinforce that Alex was going to have to continue hormone therapy and any other maintenance (such as the testosterone cream you mentioned). After all, this story was meant to be about her trials and tribulations and her overcoming them, not about how often she has to go to the bathroom or swallow pills. And, yeah, there are some liberties taken in the story, but I could argue any of them. Especially presenting them in this forum, to this audience. I would guess that to more than half of the people here, futanari and transfem means the same thing, and that they're only sexy if their dick is 18 inches long and 6 inches around. Baby steps. ;)

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
I do think it's good when people do research on the kinds of characters they're going to write, I imagined you'd done some research but in a faulty way due to a variety of little things spotted throughout the story.

First of all I wouldn't trust most of those studies, especially one that has no mention of progesterone, and wrongly concludes that breast development only happens during the first 3 years of HRT due to wrong methodology. They only looked at trans women using what's regarded as a fairly low dose of estradiol, and acceptable anti-androgen, it fails to account completely for how breast development is heavily influenced, for everyone really, by diet and metabolism, and how HRT might interact with that.

Overall, the idea that breast growth (and other changes) plateaus at the 3 year mark is spread due to how poor the quality of transgender care is, and how poor and sparse the research into it is. I've met hundreds of transfems irl helping run a trans youth support group, I've helped dozens get access to HRT and helped many others deal with their endocrinologists to get better HRT. The sample size of transfem people I know IRL, not counting online, is already bigger and significantly more diverse than the sample size of 69 people from that study you picked. Most don't even start getting breast growth in the first couple years because of how badly handled HRT is by endocrinologists.

I didn't get lucky, I put on weight so that the HRT could do the job and later got on progesterone and had some more growth, I've got friends who had almost no breast growth, started progesterone after 4 years of HRT, and had breast growth in the following 2 years, I've also got friends who were getting no breast growth because their endocrinologists literally told them that they'd take away their HRT prescription if they gained weight (this is also fairly standard, I had to lie about my pre-HRT weight to keep access to it), once they had access to diy HRT and stopped dieting, they developed perfectly normal and well sized breasts. These aren't like, flukes, but rather the more common stories. It's fairly rare for people on estrogen to end up with breasts significantly different in size from the family average, and when it happens it's usually due to awful HRT (which is the standard) or just a lack of weight gain due to dieting or a very fast metabolism.

Don't trust studies about trans people more than trans people who've worked with their communities, you'll find there's a lot of fault in the research, like how there's 0 research about how a significant percentage of people who start feminizing HRT after a male puberty will lose height.

Overall, "I got to grow normal breasts" is really the part that doesn't make sense and prompted me to comment, because all breasts grown with proper HRT are normal breasts.
The participants in the mentioned study were given progestogens. They don't call it out, but I'd guess that they were given progesterone (or more likely, a progestin of some type). I don't question your and your friends' successes given your particular parameters, but you can't project a trend from a few anecdotal points. And there have been studies that show that, like any steroid, the more is not the merrier. Estrogen has been proven to be less problematic especially in patients that take it over a lifetime.

But that's neither here nor there. I don't want to argue over opinions. I was merely responding to what I read as "you don't know what you're talking about." I'm not a celebrated novelist, and I'll be the first to admit that my story that was written almost three years ago during the pandemic, could be improved in a myriad of ways, including dialogue choices. (For example, a male transitioning to female in a family of all C-cup women might consider A-cup breasts "not normal." Whether it makes sense or not. Same for weight. How many women have you ever met that were happy with their weight, regardless of their actual body type? Yes, these ideas could probably have been presented better. I'm trying.) :)

RC-1138 Boss

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2017
Putting this here since i bet most people here don't look at subscribestar or patreon.;)

==========================================

Public post

Bi-weekly status #40 (20240119)
This has been an eventful fortnight. Just as we were finishing up scene 8, Snax decided to merge it into scene 6 to improve the flow of the story. This involved some hefty story rewrites, and a bunch of replacement renders owing to a change in location. (And, 11 animations...)
We managed to nail down the new Frankenstein scene 6/8 and are now most of the way through scene 9.
While Snax was busy working on story rewrites and new renders, we managed to finish coding on a couple more of the scenes that are left. That's why the "Coding" gauge seems out of whack. Don't worry, though, we'll get back to our "just-in-time" coding in the near future. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
State of the Project
As of this week, we've completed over 8,000 renders total over the project, for both images and animations. That's 8,000 renders that actually made it into the story, and doesn't include the many (way too many) aborted renders and animations that were created as part of the quality control and editing processes. Some of these renders take 15 minutes; some approach 2 hours...
Rounding out the audit of the project so far, we've created around 52,000 words of dialogue and almost 50,000 lines of source code, spread over 242 files. That's a far cry from Confusion's humble single-file HTML Twine beginnings...
News
We conducted an interesting poll on our Discord server this week. The question had to do with how players "handled" Zoey in Chapter 7. (Spoilers ahead.) Interestingly enough, one of the options that was added to the story in response to a bunch of messages we've received, wasn't chosen by a single player in the poll (i.e. ending things with Zoey). The other two options came out about how we expected: 38% chose counseling/redemption for Zoey, and 62% chose the, um, less PG-13 route.
A word about future releases: after getting some input from some fellow creators, we're going to extend the time that VIP and Patron+ supporters get for exclusive access to the story, starting with chapter 8. Credited Supporters will have 3-week exclusivity, Super Supporters will have 2-weeks, and standard Supporters 1-week before the general release. We're doing this to better recognize our patrons' levels of commitment to the project. We hope you'll be supportive of why we're doing this.
And now for something completely different ...
Welcome to our new supporters! We really appreciate it—you're the reason we keep doing this. If you haven't already, please join us on our and say hi!
Fair patrons, cast your eyes upon these two visual treasures, born of our recent efforts!
Progress chart.png jo200_composite.jpg as252_composite.jpg

Surprise buttsex for Alex? :p :p

Also 62% of perverts will corrupt Zoey.

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
Will the update arrive at the end of February?:unsure:
Principal art should be completed this coming week. We lost almost a month to Windows tomfoolery and getting hit with a pretty nasty hacker attack. It's been a slog—we`re up to 1150 renders for Chapter 8 and there are still a few animations left to go for the last scene. Not making any promises, but it's looking like the Ides of March for a general release date. :confused:

NunyaBiz123

Apr 3, 2022
I'm glad everything is back on track and feel bad some douche nozzle(s) felt it necessary to cause you issues on top of Windows tomfoolery. Word usage points to you. Looking forward to the next update. And I have really enjoyed the work you've put into this. It's been a very cool change from a lot of adult games/VNs. The story is definitely an attention grabber for me over the sexy stuff. Plus, well done on using the Ides of March for a reference. :)

Mihawkgod

Oct 5, 2019
Does alex bed her 'mom'? That's something i am defo curious about. Idk if this is a harem game...with the story which, seems too realistic i don't imagine harem would be possible but who knows.

Knight_of_the_lance

Feb 23, 2020
Does alex bed her 'mom'? That's something i am defo curious about. Idk if this is a harem game...with the story which, seems too realistic i don't imagine harem would be possible but who knows.
No Alex does not bed her mother figure yet. The game in the next chapter, I think, will either feature a great deal of choice to choose a significant other or will end up a harem with the cliff hanger moment at the end of the last chapter.

Reactions: Mihawkgod

AVNSnax

Story Teller
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2021
ac605_composite.jpg
Principal production for Chapter 8 has wrapped!

It's about damned time, too! The closer we get to the end of the story, the more branches and dialogue variations have to be accounted for. This chapter features some interesting additional background histories for some characters, as well as some requital for others.

Testing is more important than ever! If you're interested in beta testing the Windows version and can devote the time to do a full pass on the game, making different choices along the way so that we can test conditional situations, please drop us a line. Testing would need to be completed by 27 Feb. During this period, we'll be building and testing the Mac, Linux, and Android versions.

Our Patreon and SubscribeStar supporters will be seeing a staged rollout over the next three weeks, depending on their level of support. The public release for Chapter 8 is set for 20 Mar 2024.

fairyglen

Aug 14, 2017

Chapter 8 is live! Hello, faithful supporters! Hope you're all doing well! It's time for our [VIP Patron] release of Chapter 8.

How long do we have to wait

Reactions: damnedfrog
4.10 star(s) 36 Votes