QuestionTime

Dec 6, 2019
Idk why he didn't just get community opinion on models in like groups of 3 or something. He could have modeled 3 at a time and we could have pointed out that some of the chins looked like they could slice through stone amongst other opinions we had. It would have saved him a ton of work.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I mean, we can keep just in case.

Personally I don't expect that much of an effect.
There's always gonna be those folks that not only bend over, they bring their own lube.
It's definitely significant. There's always a sharp drop at the end of the month but it doesn't usually wipe out all of the month's gains. I don't think I'll be dropping it but damn, I really liked Qarinah. And I don't know about getting used to new Chloe either, I've been avoiding her since it happened.

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Well shit. I suppose at this point the story's got me interested, if nothing else. Still 50/50 on whether I should even keep the pledge up considering his attitude towards this whole debacle. After finally talking myself into trying the new models, Chloe and hell, even Chastity do nothing for me anymore, not sure I can "get used" to them.

Was really hoping he wouldn't turn out to be one of those "I ain't hiring any help/comissions because they're definitely going to backstab me" kind of devs who thinks every professional out there is out to get them.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
Was really hoping he wouldn't turn out to be one of those "I ain't hiring any help/commissions because they're definitely going to backstab me" kind of devs who thinks every professional out there is out to get them.
I think the motto is
Keep-Calm-and-Let-Them-Eat-Cake.png

Besides if he was unwilling to give other artists credit why would he give other artists money? The only reason he did 0.7.0 was because someone rattled the cage, it wasn't by fan request, and he really didn't seem interested in the feedback besides giving platitudes.

I'm waiting to see if the 0.7.X series brings anything good... Last I recall Mouse Girl ain't got a tail and it doesn't seem like Arc is that good with Monster Girls in general, I think he even commented in the live stream about homogenizing the fey cast to be more human. So will we see the MC take on Morgana before the 0.8.X series? The MC's combat skills range from taking on ninja girls, mafia, and radical extremist to shitting themselves when the plot demands it.

Reactions: Hmm... and User1230

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
The MC's combat skills range from taking on ninja girls, mafia, and radical extremist to shitting themselves when the plot demands it.
That's one of my pet peeves in fiction of any kind, especially games. When the MC gets the everloving crap kicked out of him/her when you know they can do so much better than that, just because plot.

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
Main things regarding the update:
Fey:​
  • Pretty sure Hana's surname is Shagwell. Shagwell by name, shags-very-well according to Ard
  • You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I think looking at the way the story goes it will be, nothing at all unless Arc decided to have the mc remember that he has such a thing has..powers..some knowlege from the prior events, and those other things that only matter when the story calls for it.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Besides if he was unwilling to give other artists credit why would he give other artists money? The only reason he did 0.7.0 was because someone rattled the cage, it wasn't by fan request, and he really didn't seem interested in the feedback besides giving platitudes.
And there it is, friends! The ugly truth! We are the children of man! Talos is th- wait wha?

Jokes aside. That's pretty much it, grabbed cards from a large megapack; made a game with them; didn't expect the game to get so big that the authors of those models would try to track him down; then did a rushed job of remodeling to get them off his ass and complained about how much work he had to do.

I mean, the feedback poll was run by me partly to stop people from flooding this thread with complaints and also to gather what the community at large felt.
Part of me expected him to actually take a look at it but nah, only picked the 5 most hated models and tweaked them a bit to make them atleast passable.

And besides, since most of the koikatsu community happens to be asian, tracking down the folks that made the models would be a royal pain in the ass. Also money.

Also I don't get that logic of "dev is making {money} a month, he should hire a new coder/writer/artist". Like seriously, they have no real obligation of doing so. If people are still throwing money at him for the project, why add more expenses?. Do I agree with this? OF COURSE NOT YOU FUCKING WANKSTAIN.
But let's be honest, who is the real problem here. The one that milks or the ones that line up to get milked?. We can go all out about a debate of how bullshit business practices are profitable in the game industry but it doesn't really matter. There's always going to be idiots with money, I mean ffs, there's a reason that FIFA games are still a thing

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
Am i the only one that is not seeing why i should care about 2 out of 3 plotlines? The fey stuff is a whole buch of nothing were the mc just goes full idiot, all he learned until now in terms of powers? useless 90% of the time, he is not learning nothing or advancing, just going back and forth betwen talking with people that dont say a single thing of worth and probably will not end in anything that advances much the whole "geting free of Morgana". The Organization thing seems to have the same problem to the point i dont even remember what is the point to the brain dead mc to think that the same organization that kept an eye on him would not just make him go after one of the many girls of magical origin he knows. The eldritch one is at least passable, still strange that gramps seems has helpfull has a door in the middle of a desert with the whole "its life or death but why should i give you this critical information when i can just sit on my ass and let you waste your time figuring it out by yourself", but at least it has some sense of things being acompliced.

The games seems to realy shine on the small events and fall flat on having ones that progress a story, even if it was not cut up on chunks the things i mentioned would still have the problems. But all in all , i am still interested to see what will come out of future story updates

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
I'm waiting to see if the 0.7.X series brings anything good... Last I recall Mouse Girl ain't got a tail and it doesn't seem like Arc is that good with Monster Girls in general, I think he even commented in the live stream about homogenizing the fey cast to be more human. So will we see the MC take on Morgana before the 0.8.X series? The MC's combat skills range from taking on ninja girls, mafia, and radical extremist to shitting themselves when the plot demands it.
To be fair,the mafia and radical extremists seem to mostly consist of shotas and highschool girls of dubious age.
Not a huge accomplishment to take that lot on.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
The one that milks or the ones that line up to get milked?
I can't resist the urge...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Am i the only one that is not seeing why i should care about 2 out of 3 plotlines?
I am vaguely curious if we can bang the MC's mom :sneaky: Really been kicking that horse since the game started with every lead going "we can't tell you anything, not even a flashback"

Organization were like Fey are evil so we must defend ourselves. We got cute fey (mostly thanks to Zolla) then it was like some Fey are worth saving. Then it somehow went to a teen cafe worker that has mommy issues... Because after being kidnapped he couldn't try the back door instead of barging in the front or use Jessica, Chloe, or Gwen to get him a Key-card.

Fey are too loose to be threatening. Morgana becoming more erm "bitch" then "birch" has diminished her appeal. Really besides the mouse girl I would be more interested in taking Lil' Roxy over to her place to play with matches :devilish: Though I wouldn't be surprised if the MC either goes unexpectedly super saiyan to actually advance the plot or takes it like a bitch and eats her out (either way would be more in the H Scene development then her masturbating that one time). The other Fey seemed like side quest that didn't tie into anything so whenever we get around to that.

Eldritch is eh we don't really know any Eldritch Girls and it doesn't seem promising that will change. As for the plot well Gramps isn't saying anything, Chastity isn't saying anything, and unlike Chrono Trigger at the end of the world they still didn't say anything, at least Chrono's team got to see a quick video of how the world ended :cautious:

The others while besides being in the story don't seem involved with any of the above. Maybe a short appearance to say they are there like Emma being Morgana's agent that just quits her job and Morgana is like tots chill with that.

To be fair,the mafia and radical extremists seem to mostly consist of shotas and highschool girls of dubious age.
Not a huge accomplishment to take that lot on.
Eh getting men out of waifu generators is hard :LOL: Still two of our powers are Summon Puppy and Brainwashing armed thugs which we could have amassed a small gang by now even if they were just .

Still for the mafia goons remember how Lily kicked more ass then the MC?

Saraf

Mar 16, 2018
Eh getting men out of waifu generators is hard :LOL: Still two of our powers are Summon Puppy and Brainwashing armed thugs which we could have amassed a small gang by now even if they were just punks.

Still for the mafia goons remember how Lily kicked more ass then the MC?
While true you certainly can do better either through upping the male physique while obsfucating facial features or clever camera technique.
The escape base scene completely deflated of all tension for me after the cast of a moege trailed their guns at the MC while the narrative tried to make me believe how dire the situation is.
Hell I stared at the screen for a whole damn minute looking for the threatening security forces before it even occured to me that they are supposed to be it.

As for brainwashing an army thing,I guess that can be chalked up to not wanting to draw attention but quite frankly with the erratic behaviour shifts of the MC I cant even tell.
He constantly shifts between kind hearted soul that does everything for his harem,over a manipulative mastermind that gleefully corrupts a whole school just to achieve his goals,to an asshole(like demeaning Chloe with her "original" option,going completely against his stated goals in the Justice opening) and thats only if he doesnt pull something utterly idiotic.
The dual routes approach(which as it seems was mostly abandoned by now anyway)seems to be too much for Arc´s writing skills and he probably would have been better off by simply drafting a specific character and sticking with it.

loner0125

Jan 31, 2018
I think I'll wait a while longer, not wanting to flame or anything, I had some personal favorites in the game and now they're heavily altered and can barely recognize them, kinda sad really . . (still not a fan of overly huge boobs, lol)

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
I am vaguely curious if we can bang the MC's mom :sneaky: Really been kicking that horse since the game started with every lead going "we can't tell you anything, not even a flashback"

Organization were like Fey are evil so we must defend ourselves. We got cute fey (mostly thanks to Zolla) then it was like some Fey are worth saving. Then it somehow went to a teen cafe worker that has mommy issues... Because after being kidnapped he couldn't try the back door instead of barging in the front or use Jessica, Chloe, or Gwen to get him a Key-card.

Fey are too loose to be threatening. Morgana becoming more erm "bitch" then "birch" has diminished her appeal. Really besides the mouse girl I would be more interested in taking Lil' Roxy over to her place to play with matches :devilish: Though I wouldn't be surprised if the MC either goes unexpectedly super saiyan to actually advance the plot or takes it like a bitch and eats her out (either way would be more in the H Scene development then her masturbating that one time). The other Fey seemed like side quest that didn't tie into anything so whenever we get around to that.

Eldritch is eh we don't really know any Eldritch Girls and it doesn't seem promising that will change. As for the plot well Gramps isn't saying anything, Chastity isn't saying anything, and unlike Chrono Trigger at the end of the world they still didn't say anything, at least Chrono's team got to see a quick video of how the world ended :cautious:

The others while besides being in the story don't seem involved with any of the above. Maybe a short appearance to say they are there like Emma being Morgana's agent that just quits her job and Morgana is like tots chill with that.
I think you actualy hit the nail in the head on one element that makes the plotlines kind of flat , at least for be, beyond the unreliable mc powers, inteligence level and personality, the 3 plotlines actualy go worse than the small events in terms of what is actualy happening and why, little roxy has an example, mc found building on fire, used one of his powers, found the little girl and events are starting to show how it works in a good progression. The plotlines: Mc goes from one situation that makes no sense when one thinks about it (going through the front door of the organization alone , decidind to play along with the now not-actualy-a-murder mistery), it goes from kinda of random thing to kinda of random thing without much sense, and not one event gives usefull information or teaches anything beyond the most obvious. The eldrich, what did we learn? multiverse is strange? Big lovecraftian thing bad? , we already knew both those things. And in all that every single character refuses to give some kind of info. Chatisty is ok , she is the "main bad girl" of the plotline for now, but everything with gramps seems to be a waste, even more when the combat training does nothing and the mc might has well be alone training in the mountains.

SnowyS

Jan 4, 2018
Right so the livestream happened earlier today.

Good news and bad news.

The good news is that 5 of the most disliked characters got redesigned or retouched.
Caretaker, Alexa, Gwen, Claire & Luna

The bad news is that Arc decided to not touch the rest of the characters and the designs from this point on will be final.
The reasoning behind is that it's too much work and the ones that weren't redesigned got ratings that were dancing between acceptance and indifference, with a couple of oddballs that really disliked them. So he went "you can't please everyone" and kept going. Part of me understands this, while the other part is still scared of Jessica without glasses looking like Momo(the creepy thing) or that Madison ridiculously large tits are gonna clip a fuck ton.

To the people that the redesigns are a complete turn off he just told them sorry to see you leave and to go and fan a chicken with a palm leaf.
DISCLAIMER: HIS STATEMENT WAS ALTERED FOR COMEDIC EFFECT, NOT HIS ACTUAL WORDS

So, I managed to snag a couple of screenshots of the redesigns/retouches they're a bit low quality but they'll have to do.
I'll show them with some commentary of my own and some explanation the reasoning behind the changes.

Welp, my only real remaining disappointment here is Qarinah's whole face (but I'm in the minority there), Chloe's chin (but it's nowhere near as bad as Gwen's was, and seems to look slightly less sharp in animations than in the relationship screen), and Emma's bulbous alien forehead (no but here).

I can't notice the problem you mentioned with Lily's mouth (it would bother me, if I could). The other girls that were slightly worsened (Madison's misshapen mammaries, Luna's revealing outfit) weren't my favorites anyway. Meanwhile, a couple I didn't like so much were improved in my eyes. It's a harem game, so whatever :p

Wrr

Apr 24, 2018
Very late to the party on this game, judging by a few posts beforehand a bunch of drama, but I'm liking it a lot. Just got to act 2. My big critique right now is that it REALLY needs an editor, and that when the animation kicks in the characters' mouths should be moving, it would help pull some of them out of the uncanny valley.

Edit: So Gramps is wearing a bald cap right? Thats why he looks like that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: masterdragonson

mangawizard

Nov 4, 2019
My big critique right now is that it REALLY needs an editor, and that when the animation kicks in the characters' mouths should be moving, it would help pull some of them out of the uncanny valley.
With how recent events went, thats asking for a LOT.

Really been following this game for a long time, been trying out every time new 'plot' points come out, but after the 0.7 fiasco, I'll be waiting for 1.0 if it ever comes. Unless Arc feels any of the criticism is actually valid and doesn't try to do everything on his own.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson
4.40 star(s) 231 Votes