MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
so gwen is damaged at the start of act 2, when you get the character cards for the first time. I'm assuming she's damaged for everyone and my game didn't bug out and give her the quirk immediately? is that like her regular in game state?

is gwen always damaged?

edit: my mistake, the damaged quirk wasn't activated. It just says damaged and i assumed it was already active, but activated quirks are highlighted in white.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2021
so gwen is damaged at the start of act 2, when you get the character cards for the first time. I'm assuming she's damaged for everyone and my game didn't bug out and give her the quirk immediately? is that like her regular in game state?

is gwen always damaged?
Nope that's a bug.

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
anything on the new update ? aka is it better to wait a bit or start playing already from start?
updates come out fairly often for this game + it is a pretty long game if you read everything. I would recommend starting now and just playing through it at your own pace, and updating when the update comes out

DarkExecutive

Apr 8, 2019
Just wanted to make sure that nothing is missable right? I can just take my time with the sandbox? in act 2 now, where it opens up.
Aside from making choices which give you one scene or another (you'd obviously miss the scene you didn't choose) or choosing not to help/recruit characters (you'd miss any scenes involving them) - nothing is really missable as long as you remain in Act 2.

However, plenty of things are missable or no longer viewable if you advance the story to Act 3 too early. I'd recommend you keep a save in Act 2 just in case.

MangoTree

Apr 27, 2017
Aside from making choices which give you one scene or another (you'd obviously miss the scene you didn't choose) or choosing not to help/recruit characters (you'd miss any scenes involving them) - nothing is really missable as long as you remain in Act 2.

However, plenty of things are missable or no longer viewable if you advance the story to Act 3 too early. I'd recommend you keep a save in Act 2 just in case.
I'm assuming following up on the leads progresses me to act 3 eventually? so if I hold off on that, I can just do all the other activities at my own pace?

shitass1001

Jun 8, 2021
I'm assuming following up on the leads progresses me to act 3 eventually? so if I hold off on that, I can just do all the other activities at my own pace?
It has been a while since I played that section, but I am pretty sure the game warns you that the action you are about to take will progress you to act three.

Reactions: MangoTree

micmitja

Forum Fanatic
Aug 6, 2017
EARLY ACCESS RELEASE - v0.19.7 - CREATE A CHARACTER APPEARS! (Patreon)

Content

The weekly update has been released!
The Create A Character... Character... is here! Yes, it's time for the grand unveiling of the character that everyone helped build over the course of two whole livestreams! Also, a long-awaited fix to the UI, reverting the textbox size back to the old size, and allowing text to stretch across the full width rather than bunching all up to the right. Plus, a whole buncha bugfixes! I hope you enjoy! :)

NOTE:
It's my birthday next week, so I'll be taking two weeks away to spend the time with family and recharge my batteries. And also probably scribbling out scripts and story drafts because I just can't help myself :p

KNOWN ISSUES:
Due to the necessity of changing the User Interface some screens (such as the skill, inventory, fighter and crafting screens) haven't had a UI pass and look kinda janky. All this will be fixed in the next few updates, so please bear with me until then. Thank you!

CHANGELOG:
  • Viola: The new community-created character is finally revealed! Viola Zann! Just head to Lily's bar after the events of 0.19.3 to meet her!
  • Viola: After meeting Viola, you can talk to her in the bar and learn a little more about her
  • UI: HUGE User Interface refurbishment! Because of the discrepancy between the early game and late game renders, the cutscene bars were causing ugly issues when overlayed by textboxes. Because of this, I have decided to shrink down the new textboxes to better fit the old bars. Along with this change is the following:
  • UI: Character titles have been temporarily removed! I have a better idea of how to incorporate them in a more attractive and less forceful way, but I need to polish it a bit, so for now they're hidden
  • UI: Prefix "think" and "speech" images are now attached to the start of each dialogue line, so they follow the text rather than occupying a fixed position!
  • UI: When no paperdoll (side image) is on the screen, dialogue text will expand to fill the textbox - no more bunching up to the right!
  • Misc: Removed the "are you sure you want to..." confirmation when you cancel power or lead usage. Too many clicks!
  • Bug: It was possible to try to confront Lily in the evening, resulting in an image error. Now you are forced to let her sleep, you meanies
  • Bug: Added a line of code to prevent Jessica from popping up in scenes she isn't supposed to be in. She's just so worried about you!
  • Bug: Some of the navigation icons had artifacting, and not the fun green girl kind!
  • Bug: Telling Chloe to go to her room for naughty fun with her assassin form kept you in the war room. Now you will move correctly!
  • Bug: The Goons were overlapping the text in the train and roadblock maps. They've been told to shuffle a little more to the left
  • Bug: The Dread Arc rises from his seat and his form grows to fill the chamber, the shadows themselves seeming to reach out and trail around his gargantuan form, lit only by the flickering light of a single computer screen. Silently, Typo Hero steps forward and raises his sword...
I hope you enjoy this week's update! Next Early Access update will be Monday, 14th of August.

------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD BELOW:
PC/LINUX:
-
MAC: -
ANDROID: -

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: "CJ" and elymid

Crazy_Chameleon

Game Developer
Jun 1, 2019
Eh seeing as he still seems to be determined to develop shallow content for these rando anime stereotype 'boss girls' I doubt it. But at least you can skip the new combat system now.

HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I think Arc has let the scope of this game get insanely out of hand. He's adding a brand new character when like 80% of the characters from Chapter 2 are not even in Chapter 3 yet. Is this community character also not going to be finished like that the last one? He simply let the previous community character's story end and has yet to even address what's going to happen next.

There's almost more bugs than features every release and nothing is improving or moving along. All the great story that Arc had at one point, all the loveable characters and moments are just figments now. Chapter 3 is a travesty and it's so sad because there was no reason for it's inclusion. Nobody asked for a turn based battle system and now it's derailed everything on top of eating away at valuable development costs.

It sucks greatly but it's Arc's game to derail. I really hope he can get the scope back on track because the story I used to adore is not even here anymore.

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
Decided to start over in this game, but no matter what I do I simply cannot seem to get the 'Meet Jessica' scene to fire, (She simply refuses to show up in front of the apartments and I've exhausted every other option/choice available to me) I've done everything else and all Pixie goes on about is some lady who hangs out around the front, but no matter what time of day I return to the flat Jessica is never there, either I've done fu**ed up somewhere or something else is wrong, anyone got any ideas as I'm tired of going in a loop trying to get this crazy broad to appear.

Last edited:

COTe

Mar 9, 2019
Didnt played the game sine 0.17.5.... There is so much grind now, does anybody have a save with fully conquered map?

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
Didnt played the game sine 0.17.5.... There is so much grind now, does anybody have a save with fully conquered map?
It's in there some where but haven't played this last update,also MC stats are boosted for 1-2 hit kills

AxellW

Oct 26, 2018
How do you conquer more zone on the war map? I have most of the top left but the option to fight doesn't appear in any of the other zone. Am I missing something ?

4.40 star(s) 232 Votes