HaseoOfDeath

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Sep 13, 2017
I'm glad they are changing to 2 week releases, even it only temporarily.
Would probably be nicer if they kept it that way or even 3 week releases.

Very glad they are having a rethink on the battle part. I had to 'disable' it
due to the way it displayed and making me feel 'seizury'... lol

Cheers
He spent months in getting it to this "point" and now has to waste more time to fix horrible design choices and already problematic gameplay changes. It just feels like nothing but bandages and everytime he wants to add to the Story, the bandages come off and again has to spend weeks fixing them.

His game is falling apart and the Corrupted Kingdoms of the past is slowly getting forgotten. Like I can't even remember most of the characters anymore and that's because they're still fucking missing in this stupid ass Story Chapter. It's the biggest shame and disappointment in 2023 that CK which was highly rated, loved, and respected (Hell as a Dev even I wanted to be like Arc) has fallen this far and it just continues to fall further and further.

Malkavian

Jun 8, 2017
I gotta agree with the recent criticism. I've discovered the game recently and was VERY into it, the story was pretty cool and I liked the characters, had a fun time going through the story, then the power-reveal before the war started was cool... But it doesnt really feel like the same game anymore.

The idea of the war-game mechanics is interesting, but this is supposed to be a story game above all, it should be about characters and not about symbols going from red to yellow. It felt so weird having this in the game that I quit thinking that maybe I reached the end of the current version, but there was actually some content in it. Then I had to disable the combat because while it is an OKish feature, each region takes at least 2 combats and sometimes 5 combats, and each day is limited to 2 interactions so it was a HOG to get through the same minigame again and again...

And the boss rehab mechanic is STUPID, the bosses are barelly characters and their interaction is literally just holding CTRL to skip the same "you do therapy yay!!" dialogue again and again until they go "ok i'm now an item in your inventory", interrupted by having to sleep every 2 sessions. They are literally just empty archetypes that contribute nothing to the story, and while this stuff got added the actual girls we were already used to and wanted to interact more with are reduced to a single "chat" interaction with only a single dialogue available for each.

It sucks, but I think the game reached a point where the developers had no idea of what to do with the story, decided to do something "cool" with it and ended up abandoning everything that made the game interesting in the first place.

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
He spent months in getting it to this "point" and now has to waste more time to fix horrible design choices and already problematic gameplay changes. It just feels like nothing but bandages and everytime he wants to add to the Story, the bandages come off and again has to spend weeks fixing them.

His game is falling apart and the Corrupted Kingdoms of the past is slowly getting forgotten. Like I can't even remember most of the characters anymore and that's because they're still fucking missing in this stupid ass Story Chapter. It's the biggest shame and disappointment in 2023 that CK which was highly rated, loved, and respected (Hell as a Dev even I wanted to be like Arc) has fallen this far and it just continues to fall further and further.
He could've skipped all this battle crap, he already had all of us engaged with the last fight after the church with gramps showing up but instead he gave us these useless battles that took our minds off the real story. This game was never about battles so whoever idea was it was a bad idea. This game was in my top 3 games but dropped it to top 10 and if dev keeps it up would even lose that spot. Not gonna lie Pixie was the npc that had me hooked up if she wasn't in this game would probably never played it.

Jomi90

Jan 5, 2019
So, sending the girl bosses to nothern lights helps you on anything or the only way to get content is sending them to the dungeon? Ngl since the begining of the war arc i been pressing CTRL so idk if i miss some kind of explanation and seeing the same scene with different girls is disappointing.
Also im in the 0.19.0 version but seeing some comments about the updates gives me the feeling im not losing too much

fgh24

Feb 8, 2019
well shorten chapter 3 and make chapter four where you get everything back and being able to repair and you should rule the city in chapter four cause having to fight all those people

Reactions: chicho1958

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
Does winning via seduction vs damage matter? does it change the dialog at all?
edit: it seems like it makes breaking their will in the dungeon happen faster. saving time. you can still see all the various willpower levels if you fuck them again after they are recruited

===

I was told I can check if a girl has a skill I might want to learn. but where exactly do i check it?
so far only way i found is to go into battle with her in front

Last edited:

Taunka

Nov 16, 2021
Kinda sad how this game lost its Mind Control angle, I get that Mind Control, is used often to just hurry up the sex scenes and not develop anyone, but that is a very superficial way to see mind control/hypnosis, I see games like Star Knightess Aura, Caliross, or Succum Brewery, witch use mind control in an excelent way to tell its story and also develop its characters, I hoped this game would do some of that eventually, but it seams "awaken" is already been forgotten.

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
I see games like Star Knightess Aura, Caliross, or Succum Brewery, witch use mind control in an excelent way to tell its story and also develop its characters
well now I have to look these up...
Star Knightess Aura
Caliross
Succum Brewery

hmm... all of these are female protagonist. if i understand it right you play as the person being mind controlled (also raped a lot).
not really comparable to this game where you are the male protagonist with the mind control powers.

Reactions: ijstxywa

Penitensary

May 10, 2020
well now I have to look these up...
Star Knightess Aura
Caliross
Succum Brewery

hmm... all of these are female protagonist. if i understand it right you play as the person being mind controlled (also raped a lot).
not really comparable to this game where you are the male protagonist with the mind control powers.
There's a couple male protag ones, but The Last Sovereign is one of the better ones out there. Ultimately it depends on the kind of game you're looking for though, and how much other stuff you want to have going on in it.

Taunka

Nov 16, 2021
That's fair, however I can give examples of ones with male protagonists, Overwhored, Snow Daze, Going Deeper, Nano Control, lab rats 2 is pretty fun, my point is that, yes, for every good mind control game, there are like seven mediocre ones, I get that, and I get why mind control gets a bad rap for that, but the trope itself, the genre is very promising, and can be a catalyst of very fun and engaging story telling, but it seems the autor decided to walk away from this angle, and its a shame.

Reactions: harem.king

harem.king

Engaged Member
Aug 16, 2023
That's fair, however I can give examples of ones with male protagonists, Overwhored, Snow Daze, Going Deeper, Nano Control, lab rats 2 is pretty fun, my point is that, yes, for every good mind control game, there are like seven mediocre ones, I get that, and I get why mind control gets a bad rap for that, but the trope itself, the genre is very promising, and can be a catalyst of very fun and engaging story telling, but it seems the autor decided to walk away from this angle, and its a shame.
Thanks. And yea, I see your point.

Anyways, from that list...
I loved overwhored (although it did get tedious in the end. RPGM) and enjoyed snow daze a lot. Only complaint i have about snow daze is that i wish it was longer.

I enjoyed nano control.
I have not played going deeper and lab rats 2. sounds like I really should.

Deepsea

Apr 20, 2017
Games where the bug fixes are more than triple the size of new additions are not in a good place. Arc has a lot more issues than just fixing the combat because now he has to waste MORE time to fix something that wasn't even fucking wanted or necessary.
My biggest complaint would be the sudden UI change. I get wanting to change it for Act 3 to introduce the paperdolls but then he also retroactively applied it to every scene. Meaning that when talking to gramps, the UI cuts over the background render. Or try talking to any character on the right side of the screen and you can't see who they are.

4.40 star(s) 233 Votes